Author Topic: Why does Barret suck?  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Rabbit

• Major(1)
  • Cowboy From Hell
Why does Barret suck?
« on: April 30, 2007, 11:33:15 am »
Well I see Barret sucks in 1.4. I've been just playing against a bot and I couldnt hit it (when I squatted I couldnt hit too... lol). What the hell? In 1.3.1 everything was fine, but now I aim and the barret bullets fly somewhere else. Have you seen that guys, Michal?
S.D.M.F.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
Re: Why does Barret suck?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 11:36:03 am »
No, movement accuracy was only increased by one.

However, you could've fell victim to the weapons.ini bug. This bug was where you could change the movement accuracy of your weapon by changing it in weapons.ini.

For example, having a 0 for moveacc in the weapons.ini made you have none in online servers.

But it was fixed in 1.4.0. This is the only thing I can think of.

ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 02:09:12 pm »
Barret bullets fly in different places because of bink. Try not to shoot after getting hit, it ruins your aim. Nothing is wrong with the barret.

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 02:14:24 pm »
I cant complain about the accuracy of the barret. All i dis-like is the click before you shoot.

As a modder it is rather irritating when you want to change the LAW. The click sound just before you shoot the LAW is the same one used now by the Barret

Offline reckon

• Soldier
  • raccoon!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 04:27:52 pm »
A gun is only as effective as the user...
Swing low, sweet chariot!

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 04:43:43 pm »
Maybe because the "Barret" was removed in 1.4 and replaced with the Barrett? Geez, I thought changing it on your computer would fix that. Maybe it takes time.
I think it's because you're not used to the new delay time. Practice some more, or switch weapons. I'm sure everyone will like that.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Mig0s

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 04:53:31 pm »
It's definately a good thing. It's just skill. Barrett is made for camp. Is you camp and have skill, everythings fine.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 05:03:55 pm »
"is you camp"?

Anyway, I've found that you just need a new tactic. instead of running and crouching only when necessary, you should treat it like a sniper rifle.
In a tw, someone asked why the Barrett had muzzle jump. Well, if you were trying to shoot a sniper rifle, wouldn't you expect a little kick?

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline 2big4u

• Camper
  • In Game: 2big4u - Merry Christmas!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 05:10:08 pm »
Well, now im annoyed because people are abusing the spas-12's power.

even with this acc issue, it still doesnt stop people from using the barrett.

Offline chillis34

• Major
    • [FT] Clan Web Site
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 05:15:01 pm »
In my opinion the Barret is better sure theres more kick back and more movent accuracy but at least the blink isn't ridicules anymore in 1.3.1 the blink was unfair
I am the smartest :D

Offline FannyBoy

• Soldier
  • Mwhaha!
    • |> Slavia Ultras <|
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 06:17:12 pm »
chillis34 you mean bink?

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 07:17:44 pm »
What is wrong with the bink tho? a sniper just reloaded and I hit him with 6 ak bullets in a row and he still fired straight ahead and killed me. (he was dropping down from the sky without using jets or movement keys)
dont tell me that dropping down in midair without using movement keys makes you immune to bink?

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 07:30:27 pm »
What is wrong with the bink tho? a sniper just reloaded and I hit him with 6 ak bullets in a row and he still fired straight ahead and killed me. (he was dropping down from the sky without using jets or movement keys)
dont tell me that dropping down in midair without using movement keys makes you immune to bink?
It makes you immune to movement acc, which was also added that sucks, you have no idea what the difference is between 1 and 2 moveacc.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 08:31:44 pm »
u just gotta acclimate.
although i do confirm those instances in which enemies fired barret[bold]t[/bold] at me under full bink and hit rather often...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 10:27:35 pm »
It makes you immune to movement acc, which was also added that sucks, you have no idea what the difference is between 1 and 2 moveacc.
Actually it doesn't make you immune to it, movementacc is still there just at a lesser degree.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 05:19:54 am »
No, movement accuracy was only increased by one.

However, you could've fell victim to the weapons.ini bug. This bug was where you could change the movement accuracy of your weapon by changing it in weapons.ini.

For example, having a 0 for moveacc in the weapons.ini made you have none in online servers.

But it was fixed in 1.4.0. This is the only thing I can think of.

LoL I've found this bug when I've modded my spas for having moveacc 20 ... n/c :DDD