Author Topic: Version 1.4 issues  (Read 33900 times)

Offline InfS

• Major
    • On Myspace
Re: Version 1.4 issues
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2007, 06:25:14 pm »
Hmm,

1.4 has been working fine, I just went to play a game and I am also getting the 'Error raised'. I'll keep clicking request servers, see what happens.

I ran a tracert to the IP, seems to have something to do with the U13 server (which has been down for the last few days), but clicking 'Request Servers' shouldn't have anything to do with the U13 server. Also, hop 8 seemed to time out for some reason.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 06:27:05 pm by InfS »
A lot of cheap tricks, but no real skill.

Offline Eagle

• Major
  • PERSONAL TEXT SUCKS, LIKE SIGNATURES!
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2007, 07:04:05 pm »
I am having the exact same issue.  As an added issue, the online server list is empty.
SIGNATURES SUCK!

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2007, 07:05:19 pm »
yarr, same issue here.
Typing server ip:port is working fine for me though... but u13 and enesce servers were the only ones i knew...

Offline InfS

• Major
    • On Myspace
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2007, 08:01:24 pm »
yarr, same issue here.
Typing server ip:port is working fine for me though... but u13 and enesce servers were the only ones i knew...
Same here, I also tried going here: http://www.soldat.pl/lobby.html it won't let me pull up a list of the US servers, and all the European servers are still version 1.3.1

Does anyone have a list of a few servers we can connect to? :)
A lot of cheap tricks, but no real skill.

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2007, 08:11:41 pm »
yarr, same issue here.
Same here, I also tried going here: http://www.soldat.pl/lobby.html it won't let me pull up a list of the US servers, and all the European servers are still version 1.3.1

Does anyone have a list of a few servers we can connect to? :)

http://rr.soldat.pl/

The ingame lobby should work for now, but you may have to clear your DNS cache in order for it to work.

Offline Eagle

• Major
  • PERSONAL TEXT SUCKS, LIKE SIGNATURES!
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2007, 08:20:36 pm »
Strangely, my minimap problems suddenly disappeared.  It's not having that weird striping with alternating blank and normal stripes...
SIGNATURES SUCK!

Offline Arato

• Major(1)
  • Arato pwnage
    • Elite Newbs
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2007, 08:21:31 pm »
my main problem, though not serious, is when in-game i keep getting these badpacket error messages as seen in the image below
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/9742/examplemz3.png

also, my taunt file doesn't work for some reason. when i make a new profile it makes the taunt file and names it "C", if I change it to "taunts" or "Arato" it creates another "C" file. what should i do?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 08:40:42 pm by Arato »

Offline Exterminans

• Major
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2007, 12:19:13 am »
I found another bug concerning secondary weapon:

If you go on spectator mode and rejoin, you don't have the selected secondary weapon anymore - you got the SOCOM, although another one is selected (coloured in the menu thing^^) .
The hands of a king are the hands of a healer!

So what do we need, besides a miracle? Guns. Lots of guns

Offline Coolio

• Camper
  • Well cya all.
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2007, 01:05:34 am »
My Soldat 1.4 when it starts up it just keeps loading and nothing  happens. But anyway THX for fixing the errors in Soldat 1.4 =)
BANNED

Offline Keiran

• Major(1)
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2007, 01:38:51 am »
I have a question, why do you guys change the maps? Like Death 2, it used to be cool but now it looks butt-ugly with those 2 rectangular polygons on top and more open parts on the top route. I don't get why you guys change the map. I mean if they used to be default maps before, why change them when they were worthy enough to be default maps before? Sorry, it just bugs me that the maps keep on getting altered.

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2007, 01:56:28 am »
Death the single worst default map ever created for Soldat.  We just altered it in a previous version so that it wasn't such a pain in the ass and created Death2.  Death2, in turn, was altered this version to improve gameplay.

An interesting fact to note is that we frequently fix polybugs, map exploits, and other problems in the default maps each version to varying degrees, but people rarely notice unless it's a large-scale change as is seen in Death and Death2.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 01:58:01 am by VijchtiDoodah »

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline Scrooge

• Soldier
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2007, 02:43:22 am »
Excuse my lack of knowlegde but what is a dns cache?
R.I.P Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2007, 02:57:33 am »
Excuse my lack of knowlegde but what is a dns cache?

When you try to find a website by typing its domain name into the address bar of your browser, you're actually asking a DNS (domain name system) server what the IP address for that website.  It's a bit like searching for a name in the phone book so that you can find their phone number.

The IP address of a particular domain occasionally change, but once you receive the IP address for that particular website, you won't receive another one -- no matter how many times you query the DNS server -- until a certain time limit has passed.

The fact that you keep an old IP address for a certain period of time is a DNS cache.

I'm guessing that the IP address of the lobby has changed and since you have the old one you can't connect until you receive the new one.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 03:00:15 am by VijchtiDoodah »

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2007, 03:03:34 am »
You can clear out your local DNS cache by typing ipconfig /flushdns in Start -> Run.

If you're having specific issues with actually connecting to the lobby you can open up Soldat.ini and changing "Lobby_IP=" to "Lobby_IP=24.105.170.112". You probably want to remove that later when the lobby issues are all sorted though so Soldat can look up the lobby the normal way.

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2007, 03:32:28 am »
You can clear out your local DNS cache by typing ipconfig /flushdns in Start -> Run.

I like how he asked what a DNS cache was so I had to go into detail and explain exactly what it meant.  I even included a metaphor.  But in reality, all I had to do was say, "Here's how to clear it, just do it and you'll be fine."

Damn practicality.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2007, 04:27:44 am »

I like how he asked what a DNS cache was so I had to go into detail and explain exactly what it meant.  I even included a metaphor.  But in reality, all I had to do was say, "Here's how to clear it, just do it and you'll be fine."

Damn practicality.

I know you told him, and a very nice explanation. I just told him how and that he was able to clear the cache out if it could help him in any way. I couldn't find that information in your post so I tried to 'complete' it a bit by telling him that. Sorry. :|

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2007, 05:51:50 am »
I found another bug concerning secondary weapon:

If you go on spectator mode and rejoin, you don't have the selected secondary weapon anymore - you got the SOCOM, although another one is selected (coloured in the menu thing^^) .
Same thing happens when you change team.

Offline Sparrow, Jack

• Major
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2007, 09:27:15 am »
Whens it gonna be out?
I got banned! Look at me go!

Offline Dread Lord

• Major(1)
  • Dread Lord Data
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2007, 09:53:08 am »
right :)

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2007, 11:30:29 am »

Damn practicality.

I know you told him, and a very nice explanation. I just told him how and that he was able to clear the cache out if it could help him in any way. I couldn't find that information in your post so I tried to 'complete' it a bit by telling him that. Sorry. :|

:D  Don't be sorry, I was making fun of myself.