Author Topic: No one can join the games with the maps I made  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Onyx

• Soldier
  • everybody gets one
No one can join the games with the maps I made
« on: June 30, 2006, 11:26:50 am »
Me and my friend have just started creating our own maps, and we are thinking of starting up a dedicated server. But when we tried to join each others server, we could not download each others maps, it said map could not be found or downloaded, I also noticed during the game it would say (IP) is requesting game , but no one ever joins, i assume that they are having the same problem

can any body tell me how to allow other people who join my games able to download my maps, every time i join a server without the right map i would always download it on spot. also i have allow_download on 1, and if i change it it wont let me download a map from anybody

it would be of great help if someone helped me with this

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: No one can join the games with the maps I made
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 11:50:24 am »
there is a bug in soldat that prevents a map from being downloaded if it uses too few sceneries, I will look up the exact number.

Anything over 5 should work.  This bug is on the list of things to be fixed and we apologize for the inconvenience ;)

Quote from chrisgbk in http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=34477 :
I talked to EnEsCe about this; the bug is an issue in both client and server so it won't be fixed until the next client release. The bug has nothing to do with weapon mod servers; it has to do with maps that have less than 4 scenery textures used, as MM said in another topic. Any map can be fixed by modifying it to have, for example, 4 -different-(as in, different filename) crates placed somewhere unimportant.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 11:52:07 am by FliesLikeABrick »

Offline Onyx

• Soldier
  • everybody gets one
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 08:11:05 pm »
actually the map had more then 5, (maybe 6 i think)
and when i download the file , it wont let me install the new dedicated server.
is it just easier to unistall the game, then download the latest game (i assume that the latest soldat download includes the dedicated server 2.50) then install the game again?

Offline Onyx

• Soldier
  • everybody gets one
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 08:24:04 am »
basiccally what I'm saying is, I think i dont have  the latest dedicated server, and when I tried to download it I would get some eror when I tried to install,

but, does the latest soldat download ( the page where I would download soldat ) now include the latest version of the dedicated server?

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 04:22:17 pm »
there is a bug in soldat that prevents a map from being downloaded if it uses too few sceneries...

rofl, I never knew that. xD

but anyways, now that I think about it, I do remember getting that same message once when I was playing online. it didnt make sense to me so I just kinda went meh and joined a different server. I dont recall the map name or server though, it was roughly 2 months ago... g'luck with getting this straightened out though :)
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline Onyx

• Soldier
  • everybody gets one
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 11:45:14 am »
ya thanks
soo, im just gonna reinstall the newest soldat with the new dedicated server ( i hope thats included in it)
then maybe everything wil work out good