Author Topic: Frac Hate  (Read 4729 times)

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
Re: Frac Hate
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 05:39:25 pm »
Serious Business

Offline drinkduff

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2007, 04:19:47 pm »
Just out of curiousity (might be a bit off topic), how much are each of the server providers cost (enesce, brick and chibi)?

Not saying this is ANY of their costs.
I estimate it'll take about $250 bucks a month at minimum to rent a box with the specs/bandwidth/transfer allotment to run a game server with enough users.  That's why multiple games are put onto one server.
This doesn't include time or effort you put into this.   And why most of us Rent space.  Its just not economical to hog your own machine. 

And as far as Chibi's "free" servers he previously hosted.  He did charge money to host servers.  His "free" servers were for his "projects" use.   There were a few groups that rented from him.   But they moved on. 

Offline Blade

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2007, 04:47:07 pm »
Chibi rents to people who have been loyal to fractured, dunno what you mean by projects.

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 11:44:56 am »
Just out of curiousity (might be a bit off topic), how much are each of the server providers cost (enesce, brick and chibi)?

Not saying this is ANY of their costs.
I estimate it'll take about $250 bucks a month at minimum to rent a box with the specs/bandwidth/transfer allotment to run a game server with enough users.  That's why multiple games are put onto one server.
This doesn't include time or effort you put into this.   And why most of us Rent space.  Its just not economical to hog your own machine. 

And as far as Chibi's "free" servers he previously hosted.  He did charge money to host servers.  His "free" servers were for his "projects" use.   There were a few groups that rented from him.   But they moved on. 

Renting wise, you can get a decent box with more than enough bandwidth for $150-$175/month. Note, that if you plan on long term renting, it becomes cheaper to buy your own server and co-locate it; for a period exceeding 3-4 years, depending on hardware and rental cost. (4 years @ $175 = $8400, $5000 server + 4 years colocating @ $75 = $8600); the downside is you have to put a large investment in to start.

Offline {depth}shaman

• Soldier
  • I'm Warning lvl 1! So i suggest you lay low
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2007, 09:05:13 pm »
This is ridiculous. Anybody who's ego actually manifests on the internet when dealing with people they don't know needs to come back down to reality. This is the internet. If someone gets all up in your face or something just laugh it off. If you wanna be a jerk online, go for it. I honestly don't get how anyone could get super wrapped up in something like this.

At any rate, here's my idea: lets get a duel between soldat frac. and sf. A rivalry? sounds like fun! Let's take this out on the battlefield. I'll give those fracs guys a piece of my mind!
Life's like a shit sandwich. The more bread you have, the less shit goes down with each bite.

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 01:06:31 pm »
I doubt anyone would actually agree to that, but it would be fun.

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007, 01:14:35 pm »
What about those of us who participate in both communities? :(

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 02:37:55 pm »
The result would be kind of obvious plus...everyone participates in soldatforums to some extent...