Author Topic: teleport help!  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Chameleon

• Major
teleport help!
« on: September 23, 2006, 06:51:16 pm »
i tryed following these steps that avarax posted a while ago....and they didnt work. i would just end up getting bouncy polys

1. create a polygon with one side pointing into the direction of the wall. (witht the side, not with an edge)
2. paste it about 5 times and move the 5 polygons (not exactly) on each other
3. select all 3 vertice clusters that should be there now one after another and perform Ctrl + J (join vertices) on each of them
4. select the 5 poly cluster and do the same thing again. now youll have 25 polygons.
5. do it once more and you have 50 polys, way enough for a teleport for 1/4 of the range of the screen.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: teleport help!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 07:13:29 pm »
it does not always have the same effect, a teleport is just a very very fast bouncy poly.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 07:35:05 pm »
Put a hundred, not just fifty.

Actually, it depends on the distance between the teleport and the destination.  Approximate the # of polys you need and there ya go.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 08:04:02 pm »
"1/4 of the screen" is not a very big bump, you realize. If you want a REAL teleporter, put 500 polygons.

Offline Chameleon

• Major
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 08:43:47 pm »
ok, i just tryed doing it with 500 polys, and it wont open up. when ever i try and play that map,soldat crashes and closes. ill attatch it, so maybe someone can tell me what im doing wrong

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 09:45:16 pm »
You've got too many polys, my friend.  Reduce it to, I dunno, 150?

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 10:44:58 pm »
lol. Sorry, I was exaggerating :P I didn't think you'd take it literally.

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 02:25:56 am »
You DID sound ike you was : P
I had the same problem in my map, I run the map and I hear a ear killing endless spawn sound with not letting me play the map.

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
  • 3.14159265358979, mmm... pi
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 09:24:34 pm »
You DID sound ike you was : P
I had the same problem in my map, I run the map and I hear a ear killing endless spawn sound with not letting me play the map.
try adding a spawn point ;)
"Be mindful of fame, show a mighty courage, watch against foes. Nor shalt thou lack what thou desirest, if with thy life thou hast comest out from that heroic task."

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 02:28:52 am »
I suggest just using the teleporters Mat-na created in her ctf_Warp map. They are the only teleporters I've seen that are fully functional and reliable -- they work everytime, no tricky angles needed to activate, and always send the player to the same spot. I attached the prefab teleporter model I pulled from that map when working on my supermariobros map, where I used this for the warp pipes. A single, one-way teleporter only uses about 240 polygons.