Author Topic: [READ] Bugs List  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
[READ] Bugs List
« on: May 02, 2007, 12:12:01 pm »
  • Stuck inside poly bug:
  • This usually occurs when a nade or an M79's explosion forces you into the map's polys, causing you to get stuck, or go through the map. Other causes of this is incorrectly placed polys, or nearly compiled maps like
Spasm's ctf_snakebite2k6, where the low tunnel's polys can be rolled into to protect you from enemy fire except nades and M79. sometimes, you'll go through the map.

[li]15-shot LAW bug:[/li]
 Mod the Law to fire 15 shots and halve it's reload time. Once when you switch to LAw, you can't switch weapons, drop weapons, throw nades, and reload. And when you try to roll, this causes the crouch bug.

[li]Crouch bug:[/li]
 or leg-lock bug. Sometimes, after rolling, backflipping, or front-flipping, this bug occurs. Your soldat will get stuck in the crouch animation and slide around the map in the opposite direction of the mouse cursor. Proning or throwing a nade elimates this bug, if temporarily.

[li]Gun jams bug:[/li]
 Your weapons occasionally jams when you pick a gun up, or while reloading. Rolling, proning, and throwing a nade makes the gun start loading again. MM said it was part of the game, like real life. But the knife also jams. You can't stab people with it when it jams, but you can sure as hell still throw it.

[li]/mercy blood bug:[/li]
 Not really a bug, this makes no substantial impact on the game, as switching weapons after typing /mercy will make blood shoot out of guns. The best example of it is the saw, which shoots so many blood, that it's tactically used to surprise and confuse enemies in the fray.

[li]No explosions:[/li]
 Sometimes, when hit a player, or bot with an explosive weapon, the explosion animation doesn't start and all you see is the player suddenly bursting into a bleeding pile of body parts. Caused by particle overload. Turning off extra options, like anti-aliasing seems to help. Lag is part of the cause too.

[li]Rare bug:[/li]
 There is no other name for it. It is creepy. You get killed by another person of the same name, and it sorts of follows you around, although you 'double' doesn't show up on the score chart. Rejoining the game seems to help....I don't really know how to explain it. It is just really weird....see for yourself...

[li]Dead Delay:[/li]
 After hitting a person with non-explosive weapons, your vitcim will keep walking until he/she falls to the ground, dead, without a sound. The "You killed..." message doesn't show up on your screen. But at least the kill is recorded in the scores. caused mostly by lag.

[li]Floating Bodies[/li]
 After getting hit and dying, bodies will sometime float slowly up in mid-air. Not lag though: This happened offline too. It's too amusing to be called a bug.

[li]spawning in same place after dying:[/li]
 After dying, when the spawn time counts down, and finishes, nothing happens. then after a couple seconds of this delay, you will respawn in the exact same place you died. The client-side of soldat will think you say you died, which is true. But the server, usually a laggy one, will think you didn't die and respawns you in the same place that the client and server was arguing about.

[li]Lagging Medipacks/nadepacks:[/li]
 when you try to pick one up, you can't, no matter how many attempts have been made. shooting it a few inches seems to help. It's not you that's laggin, it's just the server's fault. this also occurs with bonuses, much to preddy-lover's dismay.

[li]Change team color bug:[/li]
This happens ocassionally. A person tries to change teams, is successful, but still has the same team color from the team he switched from. For example, you join Bravo, then you switch to Alpha. you're on Alpha, but you have Bravo's color. This is really annoying, since it's pretty hard to tell friend from foe in sprayfests. And also friendly-fire CTF/INF. :(

[/list]
Will update later...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 01:44:56 pm by Blue-ninja »

Offline Morik

• Major
Re: Bugs List
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 12:46:11 pm »
In my opinion, calls for a sticky! I would say separate the "Soldat's Frequently Asked Questions, Common bugs and problems" thread, and just have it a FAQ thread, and put this as the official known bugs thread. The faq thread should contain the issues such as the not responding lobby, access violations, and configuration. This thread should just be for in game bugs, for ease of reading.

You should add the bugs listed on the "Old Bugs" thread as well. Of course, it's just my advice, you don't have to take it. :P
::::
www.u13.net
www.fracturedsoldat.com
www.ubuntu.com
Proud Admin of Fractured Network, competitive North American soldat community.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 12:57:32 pm »
It's possible that the "old" bugs might still be in the new version, so I'm mixing the two together. Of course, this might take some time to get a full list, as bugs are constantly reported and the forums is 48 pages long. :P

Offline Alain

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 01:28:04 pm »
that rare bug already happend to me twice or more... first time into the 1.2.0v(or 1.2.1 im not sure..) and one time at 1.3.1 it really needs to be fixed, its wierd, and as like you sayid, trying reconnect to the game might solve the problem.

(funny)and i think that crouch bug real needs to be fixed too, you can be into the middle of a cf and this glitch happens, screwing up your game strategy or w/e... you can take advantage of this glitch too becauze it makes you fly like a retarded bird XD

now the mercy + change weapon stuff isn't really nescessary to fix sinse it doesnt give any advantage.. or w/e.. the same to the floating bodys..

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 01:31:03 pm by Alain »

Offline TigaHawk

• Major
  • AKA The Best
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 01:37:14 pm »
Another bug that would be niced to have fixed is the general "bugged" or "glitched"

where you see people on the wrong teams and healthpacks/nade boxes do not show up on your screen... This is fixed by a simple rejoin but it is definately something that needs to be fixed.
¤ ´¨)
¸.·´¸.·¤´¨) ¸.·¤¨) ¸.·¤´¨) ¸.·¤¨) ¸.·¤´¨) ¸.·¤¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` (¸. TigaHawk

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
Re: [READ] Bugs List
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 02:31:55 pm »
Hey Blue-Ninja, good list.  I hope you don't mind, but I copy/pasted or paraphrased some of the bugs in your list into my "Old bugs" thread.

Offline JaKe

• Major(1)
  • JaKe-AFC.net
    • AFC
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 03:29:44 pm »
Some bugs i found in 1.4

- No secondary weap on 1st spawn (almost in team games, otherwise i dunno)

- Wrong 2ndary weap on team change. i use LAW, but if i switch team i've in my hands the USSOCOM, also in LAW is selected. So when i respawn, i must click on another weapon and then again on LAW, to fix the problem.

- Ground weapons\bonuses are no more "hittable" by bullets. It was funny to see a medipack jumping away when shooting on it (and that was realistic)

Old bugs-issues that still remains:

- The fly prone: SoldaT should be realistic-based. 1st of all i've never seen a man proning in the air, during free fall. And, if it was possible, i don't think that this position should help accuracy... Yes, i'm referring to players who does headshots with barrett in fly-prone (that's disgusting!!!)

- LAW doesn't fire if you're crouched, for example, in the intersection of two or more polys. Ya know, when you move in poly edges and see your soldier "shaking"... so if you crouch you can't fire with LAW, and this most of the times, cause your dead by your opponent.

- (not a bug, but...) The Ruger77 is every version worst... now there's a long reload time, and there's only 4 shots, while the real one has 6. And this is (was?) the best weap in the game: it is quite difficult to use, you must have a great accuracy (spraying is impossible) and it's very hard when pinging more than 100ms...

- I never killed someone with flamer, on internet game, while on LAN i fragged lot of players... I see other players burning, also while shooting all my fuel on them, but they don't die!!!

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 04:41:57 pm »
- The fly prone: SoldaT should be realistic-based. 1st of all i've never seen a man proning in the air, during free fall. And, if it was possible, i don't think that this position should help accuracy... Yes, i'm referring to players who does headshots with barrett in fly-prone (that's disgusting!!!)

Okay, I'm all for a "realistic" Soldat, but have you ever seen anyone flying with jetboots at all?  If so, I think the Department of Defense wants a word with you.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 05:36:32 pm »
Hey Blue-Ninja, good list. I hope you don't mind, but I copy/pasted or paraphrased some of the bugs in your list into my "Old bugs" thread.
No problemo.

EDIT: Anything else I need to add on my next update?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 05:46:03 pm by Blue-ninja »

Offline Morik

• Major
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 05:54:28 pm »
The pic is hard to understand, the "here down are the weapons i don't will shot it".
::::
www.u13.net
www.fracturedsoldat.com
www.ubuntu.com
Proud Admin of Fractured Network, competitive North American soldat community.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 06:08:59 pm »
The pic is hard to understand, the "here down are the weapons i don't will shot it".
He meant He won't show the weapons menu. He gets killed by a guy of the same name that the mouse cursor is hovering on. It looks like he killed himself, but there's nothing in the kill console that says that.

Offline JaKe

• Major(1)
  • JaKe-AFC.net
    • AFC
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 03:10:39 am »

Okay, I'm all for a "realistic" Soldat, but have you ever seen anyone flying with jetboots at all? If so, I think the Department of Defense wants a word with you.

Yeah, that's true... but when you're using jetpack you loose accuracy.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 06:24:25 am »
Stuck inside poly bug:
This is map bug, not soldat bug.

15-shot LAW bug:
Modded weapons ... ok, I hope that MM will support mods <mod starter>.

Crouch bug:
MM said that it's funny and he won't fix it xD

Gun jams bug:
It's fixed in 1.4

/mercy blood bug:
Like crouchfloat "bug" ; it won't be fixed.

No explosions:
Lag ownz you. :D

Rare bug:
?!?

Dead Delay:
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

Floating Bodies
Huh, ok. this is a bug. But I don't want it fixed! :D :D :D

spawning in same place after dying:
LaG ...

Lagging Medipacks/nadepacks
You mean fake meds? Yeah, but it's well-known bug

Change team color bug:
Never happened to me ... happened to others<wtf hax? :P> ... seems to be bug.

EDIT: I've forgot. LAG ISN'T A BUG AND CAN'T BE FIXED.

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 06:30:45 am »
Yo blue ninja, I think you may have forgotten the bug in which you change teams to go to another, but your soldat is left behind on the team you just left, while you are playing on the team you just changed to.

I think is this also caused by lag. Although it sounds quite similar to the change team colour bug it's a completely different bug and I experienced it a lot in 1.3.1, not as much in 1.4.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 07:14:13 am »

Happens to me at startup.
Banned

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 01:26:17 am »
That's a pretty common bug. Hope it will get fixed in the next patch. ;)

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 06:18:39 pm »
/kill X kills player twice.