Author Topic: Hexer - Version 0.9.3 released!  (Read 65042 times)

Offline Chameleon

• Major
Re: Hexer mod (RPG script) - Colors completely overworked: v0.9.1d
« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2007, 10:11:41 pm »
could the servers possibly be reset? i think they have crashed, and have been for a few days now.

possibly seperate from the frequent crashings of servers

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #241 on: July 09, 2007, 11:17:06 pm »
Hexer #1 is always running... well it hasnt crashed in a LONG time anyways... and im pretty sure that 2 and 3 were running the last few days... havent checked today though.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Xenon[EO]

• Major(1)
« Reply #242 on: July 11, 2007, 07:37:10 pm »
Sup niggerz ?
I'd like to ask you if pilferage works while you're using barret or m79 ( <- lame weapon ) ?
Thanks in advance
kthxbai

Offline Dizzy So 1337

• Soldier
« Reply #243 on: July 11, 2007, 08:28:16 pm »
Sup niggerz ?
I'd like to ask you if pilferage works while you're using barret or m79 ( <- lame weapon ) ?
Thanks in advance
kthxbai

Last i heard (NOT positive) pilferage no longer adds bullets to your clip, so does it matter?
xfire - todhostetler
"There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone except to stick a dogskull on a stake."

Offline Xenon[EO]

• Major(1)
« Reply #244 on: July 11, 2007, 08:54:50 pm »
Ey , if pilf doesnt add bullets to your clip , what the hell does it do , hu ?
Peace out ~

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #245 on: July 12, 2007, 06:58:31 am »
it destroys 1 bullet in the victim's magazine. i increased the basic chance and the chance per bullet for the next version since it seems to be a quite unpopular skill at the time.
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline Chameleon

• Major
« Reply #246 on: July 12, 2007, 01:43:47 pm »
i think it would be more effective if it was a % of bullets per magazine.

if someone is using an automatic, one less bullet isnt much of a handicap, but 10 less bullets would make them suffer more, making the skill more effective.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #247 on: July 12, 2007, 03:02:41 pm »
the skill IS more effective vs. bigger magazine since pilferage's chance is based on the bullets left in the victim's magazine. The increased chance per bullet in the upcoming version makes a lvl 1 pilferage have a chance of exactly 50% to succeed vs. a fully loaded Steyr. Also note that pilferage "breaks" the firecycle of the weapon, especially effective vs. low fire-rate weapons like Ruger and Barrett.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 03:05:22 pm by Avarax »
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline Xenon[EO]

• Major(1)
« Reply #248 on: July 12, 2007, 03:10:59 pm »
But does the player with pilf gain the bullets destroyed in the victim's magazine ? And if so , does barret and m79 get the bullets too ?

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #249 on: July 12, 2007, 05:01:59 pm »
no, the pilferer doesnt get any bullets
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #250 on: July 14, 2007, 09:30:48 am »
Summary of found bugs:
1. Ghouls give EP even if player is level 40 (fortunately Kamikazes don't).
2. /myskill's wrong messages:
2.1. Warstandard gives 3000 EP, /myskill shows 2500,
2.2. Warmth's threshold is 40%, /myskill shows 33%,
2.3. Kamikaze kills opposite team on cap, /myskill shows that it takes 75% of their HP.
3. There is a glitch which allows player to use several spells at the same time. How to do it? I'll explain on my lvl 40 acc (Warstandard, Vanish, Sprint, Ghoul) and lvl 36 acc (Warmth, Evasion, Crit, Kamikaze):
- Wait to cool them down
- Cast them all in one time
- Log out
- Now I have warmth, predator, evasion, sprint, critical strike and a summoned Ghoul, which gives EP to the active account.
It can be fixed if you force active spells to stop, when you log out or log into another account. It may be hard or impossible to force predator to stop, but it wouldn't be hard to stop sprinting or kick summoned bot.
4. Kamikaze can kill mana shielded player. I'd also suggest you to make mana shielded player invulnerable to Kamigeddon.
5. When player scores, combobonuses are being showed to him even if he's lvl 40.
6. 'You have reached the maximum level' message is a bit annoying when it's showed every time bot kills someone ;]
7. Messages such as "Healing/Defensive/Offensive spell can be used again" are showed up even when player has static heal/def/ofs skill.
8. After reaching lvl 40, EP is not resetted. When I reached level 40, it showed that I have about 309 400 / 322 000 EP. It makes reaching lvl 41 easier (using Ghouls, of course).
9. Disarm takes Sprint's flamer away. When I got disarmed, I used Sprint. I had the flamer for the Disarm's duration, but when Disarm ends, my flamer disappeared. I know why does that happen, it's because of script saving weapons which you had when you got disarmed. I haven't had flamer, so when Disarm ended, my flamer disappeared. It should be fixed.
10. If player changes team after summoning a bot, his bot should change team either (I don't know when i should use 'either' and when 'too', my English sucks ;p).
11. Sometimes, when there's a lot of ghouls, I don't know if my ghoul is still there because of that 60 s lifespan. Could you add a message (same as 'one of your ghouls was killed by...') which tells player that his ghoul's lifespan ended?
12. When Kamikaze kills Ghoul, Ghoul just respawns, it's not getting kicked.
13. When Sprint is active, grenades throwed by caster fly through walls.

Suggestions and questions:
1. Black text is unreadable... please, change it to white or something else.
2. What are Warmth's, Evasion's and some other spells levels for, if they do nothing? There should be a little notification that you have maximum amount of % of HP / second or maximum % of chance to avoid damage.
3. If Mana Shield protects the caster from any damage he takes, why doesn't Evasion work against explosives?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 11:19:08 am by freestyler »

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #251 on: July 14, 2007, 10:46:19 am »
Summary of found bugs:
1. Ghouls give EP even if player is lvl 40 (I don't know if Kamikazes give EP too).
2. /myskill's wrong messages:
2.1. Warstandard gives 3000 EP, /myskill shows 2500,
2.2. Warmth's threshold is 40%, /myskill shows 33%,
2.3. Kamikaze kills opposite team on cap, /myskill shows that it takes 75% of their HP.
3. There is a glitch which allows player to use several spells at the same time. How to do it? I'll explain on my lvl 40 acc (Warstandard, Vanish, Sprint, Ghoul) and lvl 36 acc (Warmth, Evasion, Crit, Kamikaze):
- Wait to cool them down
- Cast them all in one time
- Log out
- Now I have warmth, predator, evasion, sprint, critical strike and a summoned Ghoul, which gives EP to the active account.
It can be fixed if you force active spells to stop, when you log out or log into another account. It may be hard or impossible to force predator to stop, but it wouldn't be hard to stop sprinting or kick summoned bot.

Suggestions and questions:
1. Black text is unreadable... please, change it to white or something else.
2. What are Warmth's, Evasion's and some other spells levels for, if they do nothing? There should be a little notification that you have maximum amount of % of HP / second or maximum % of chance to avoid damage.
3. If Mana Shield protects the caster from any damage he takes, why doesn't Evasion work against explosives?

thanks a lot for this constructive post.

I'll fix all the bugs you mentioned. However, you won't see any update of the Hexer script until 1.4.2 is out. But then, there will be a truly huge update ;)

regarding your questions & suggestions:
1. White would be way too bright for a neutral text... I'll make them in the same color like the account messages (dark teal).
2. Many people already complained about this, since many people are coming close to the level cap (40). I already have an improvement for this in mind.
3. Explosions cause damage 2 times: Splash damage and direct hit damage. The splash damage can be avoided even by Evasion. However, the direct hit damage is a weird type of damage that always causes an instant kill by doing 400 damage. Those 400 damage however don't "run" through the scriptingcore, like any other usual damage does. This means, I can't directly influence it. What I can do though, is giving a player -400 damage with every hit he receives, nullifying the effect of eventual direct explosion hit damage. This is what Mana Shield actually does. This however also means, that any usual hit will heal a player by a huge amount (-400 damage is equal to 266% heal). To fix this, Mana Shield saves the health value that a soldier had at the beginning of the Shield and then forces this health value back on him once the shield ends. Evasion has no "duration", therefore it's not possible to save anything before and force it afterwards. I could add a threaded procedure that forces the original health on a player like 0,01 seconds after evading, but threads are very buggy, especially if combined with code that skips some time.
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline Kitty

• Major
« Reply #252 on: July 14, 2007, 11:13:37 am »
Avarax u almost got 1000 post! u should do something special with post nr.1000  ::) ;D
-A female soldat player.

Offline canadian idiot

• Major(1)
« Reply #253 on: July 15, 2007, 12:26:05 pm »
just thought i'd tell u US hexer #1 has been down for like 4hours,and US hexer #2 has been down for over 12 hours(last ive checked)

Offline Dizzy So 1337

• Soldier
« Reply #254 on: July 15, 2007, 02:55:59 pm »
Uh, can we get that cheese method edited out of this forums before all the cheesenoobs in the world (and their little sisters) find out about it and ruin Hexer?
xfire - todhostetler
"There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone except to stick a dogskull on a stake."

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #255 on: July 15, 2007, 03:46:49 pm »
Oh yea theres a dude named Stranglet or something like that and hes level 41! lol No shit.... somehow he still got EP and he leveld to level 41 lol if he had warmth as his healing spell id never be able to kill him.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Chameleon

• Major
« Reply #256 on: July 15, 2007, 05:23:21 pm »
hexer 2 has been down since atleast the 8th.

unless it has come back up briefly in between the times i checked.

also, is there any chance you could run normal maps on hexer #2? not all the cs maps are waypointed, making summons almost useless

Offline deguix

• Major
« Reply #257 on: July 15, 2007, 05:55:12 pm »
Oh yea theres a dude named Stranglet or something like that and hes level 41! lol No ****.... somehow he still got EP and he leveld to level 41 lol if he had warmth as his healing spell id never be able to kill him.

True that... I guess someone already exploited the bug well...

Another thing I don't like is the relearn command:

When I relearn a spell, the spell lvl gets reset to 1. It never gets back to the lvl it should be when I'm at a specific character lvl. I suggest making it like this:

- Whenever I relearn a spell of a type, I lose a number of character lvls equaling the lvl of the current spell of the same type.
- Whenever I regain one of the character lvls that I lost from relearning, the relearned spell gains a lvl (only that spell).
- When I get back to the character lvl I previously had, I'll have the exact spell lvls as I would have for that specific character lvl if I had chosen those spells at the beginning.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #258 on: July 15, 2007, 06:43:59 pm »
Oh yea theres a dude named Stranglet or something like that and hes level 41! lol No ****.... somehow he still got EP and he leveld to level 41 lol if he had warmth as his healing spell id never be able to kill him.

True that... I guess someone already exploited the bug well...

Another thing I don't like is the relearn command:

When I relearn a spell, the spell lvl gets reset to 1. It never gets back to the lvl it should be when I'm at a specific character lvl. I suggest making it like this:

- Whenever I relearn a spell of a type, I lose a number of character lvls equaling the lvl of the current spell of the same type.
- Whenever I regain one of the character lvls that I lost from relearning, the relearned spell gains a lvl (only that spell).
- When I get back to the character lvl I previously had, I'll have the exact spell lvls as I would have for that specific character lvl if I had chosen those spells at the beginning.

all you have to do is /logout and /login again, the skill lvl will be correct then.
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline canadian idiot

• Major(1)
« Reply #259 on: July 16, 2007, 06:39:10 am »
like Chameleon said,some of the maps run on #2(infact most) arent waypointed,could you if at all possible just put basic way points leading between the 2 spawns? and also any news on when US hexer 2 is coming back on(US 1 is still down too)