Author Topic: Hexer - Version 0.9.3 released!  (Read 65131 times)

Offline mikembm

• Soldier
Re: Hexer mod (RPG script) - Colors completely overworked: v0.9.1d
« Reply #260 on: July 16, 2007, 01:55:29 pm »
the two US Hexer's have been down for a while...

Offline canadian idiot

• Major(1)
« Reply #261 on: July 17, 2007, 10:34:25 am »
Ya, the new US hexer 3 you just released crashed a few hours ago after i waited 40minutes alot 2people finally join,and it crashed been down since =\

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #262 on: July 17, 2007, 12:29:54 pm »
I have no clue why the US servers are crashing and the german server is not, the script versions are the same. With the new Hexer version coming out after 1.4.2, there will be some debug stuff added so I may find the source of the crashs

#hexer.soldat now has its own live IRC bot thanks to Toumaz :D
It's a rather simple one, the commands are:
!servers: shows IP & Port of all current Hexer servers
!server1: shows players on server 1. 1 can replaced with any number ;)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 01:37:36 pm by Avarax »
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline fuzz+strat

• Major(1)
  • LandWarrior FTW
« Reply #263 on: July 17, 2007, 07:38:22 pm »
I bumped the manual, but I'll ask here too...is this related to the GoJMod servers? I can't log in if so. My login name is sheebs.
IGN = sheebs

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #264 on: July 18, 2007, 11:04:47 am »
List of bugs - update:
4. Kamikaze can kill mana shielded player. I'd also suggest you to make mana shielded player invulnerable to Kamigeddon.
5. When player scores, combobonuses are being showed to him even if he's lvl 40.
6. 'You have reached the maximum level' message is a bit annoying when it's showed every time bot kills someone ;]
7. Messages such as "Healing/Defensive/Offensive spell can be used again" are showed up even when player has static heal/def/ofs skill.
8. After reaching lvl 40, EP is not resetted. When I reached level 40, it showed that I have about 309 400 / 322 000 EP. It makes reaching lvl 41 easier (using Ghouls, of course).
9. Disarm takes Sprint's flamer away. When I got disarmed, I used Sprint. I had the flamer for the Disarm's duration, but when Disarm ends, my flamer disappeared. I know why does that happen, it's because of script saving weapons which you had when you got disarmed. I haven't had flamer, so when Disarm ended, my flamer disappeared. It should be fixed.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 06:57:00 am by freestyler »

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #265 on: July 18, 2007, 04:30:54 pm »
thanks a lot freestyler :)
all of those bugs you mentioned will be fixed with the next version.
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline mikembm

• Soldier
« Reply #266 on: July 18, 2007, 05:05:24 pm »
Do you have something in the OnRequestGame that could make it so that the state stays on "Requesting Game"?

Because all three today were running fine but you can't get into the server.

In the hexer #1 server there were 4 people playing in there but no one else could join - it just stays on Requesting Game...

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #267 on: July 18, 2007, 07:11:02 pm »
that happens when the scripting engine is hit by some weird bug that causes everything to stop working.

oh btw:

Code: [Select]
function OnRequestGame(IP: string; State: integer): integer;
begin
  Result := State;
end;

that's my OnRequestGame ;D

special max lvl gamemode incomiiiiiiiing ;Q
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:37:11 pm by Avarax »
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline King_Of_Pain

• Major
  • Buy tickets to a Police concert. Now.
« Reply #268 on: July 22, 2007, 05:50:59 pm »
special max lvl gamemode incomiiiiiiiing ;Q

You just made my day a little happier, Avarax. :D

Offline Maniatiko

• Major
Re: Hexer mod (RPG script) - Finally: a STABLE u.s. server
« Reply #269 on: July 23, 2007, 03:15:53 pm »
server bug

on enesce server HEXER

there were 3 red players + 1 ghoul and 0 blue team

various players typed: !balanced

and the black text that appears said that the teams were balanced and it didnt make teams even

:s
(:

ManiatikO

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #270 on: July 23, 2007, 09:07:02 pm »
My law is reloading magically on the eC server.  I may be mistaken.  Mabe i died and wasnt payin attention but i dont think so.  If it happens again i'll let ya know...

On a sidenote i accidentally relearned today lol someone was wondering how to relearn...so instead of hitting "t" to talk i hit "/" and typed /relearn def

lol im such a tard...
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Ivel

• Soldier
« Reply #271 on: July 25, 2007, 06:51:35 pm »
P.S. I liked your old Zooky Boogy Doog Siggy :-(

Proud Staff Member of U13 and EnEsCe Corp.
|____________________________________________|

Offline adamwest

• Major(1)
« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2007, 04:04:17 am »
Ok I am not going to get really into this, because I had accidentally press back space out of this thing and my entire post was deleted... So I will try and make it short.

I was banned for no reason, I was suposably "Spawnkilling" and got kicked twice in a row with no warning (I had been in the enemies base for a few seconds and then was kicked... I don't see how you can spawn kill with no enemies to kill... Also, it was in that map were the bases are right beside eachother...). The third time I was kicked... I was chasing the person who had kicked me (Not for revenge but as part of the game of course)... I stopped to regen some life and was kicked/banned. Although I did stop near the enemy base, I supose he still thought I was going to spawnkill... or something, well I don't see why he couldn't have just came after me with his gun instead of banning me.

Well anyway, hopefully I can be unbanned so I can continue to enjoy this very interesting server.

USA server

Name:AdamWest
IP:70.68.164.104 (or 64.59.144.24 or 64.59.144.23)

Thank you.

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
« Reply #273 on: July 26, 2007, 04:14:49 am »
I was there when you got kicked... it was the eC server.  I dont think it was a perm ban.

Offline adamwest

• Major(1)
« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2007, 06:01:28 am »
Sure seems like a perm ban =) but... I guess I can always wait a bit longer. I thought perm bans were like 15 mins though?

and what was up with that server mod...

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #275 on: July 26, 2007, 06:20:26 am »
You know perm means PERMANENT right? You were actually warned twice and you continued to spawn kill after being kicked twice....

Offline adamwest

• Major(1)
« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2007, 07:39:31 am »
Well it's funny the first time I actually didn't spawn kill. I was sitting in enemy base, wether or not I was going to actually spawn kill I don't think is the point.

How does kicking someone help, if you asked me not to spawn kill I would have stopped. Funny thing too, I asked why I was kicked, and noone responded... what kinda server management is that? So I casually went back to where I was sitting in the enemy base... yet again kicked without someone telling me why I was kicked the first time or what I should stop doing (Despite all that, the reason why I was preparing myself to spawn some people was becuase I got spawned 5 times in a row before that, I thought only some revenge would help =P... Kidding, if you can't tell by the =P... but otherwise I was still spawnkilled many times without this so called "mod" not taking any action).

Oh yeah and now for the big part? So the map changed, I know now not to spawn kill cause whoever kicked me finaly told me to stop... So I see someone, chase them to thier base (as well as a flag holder he was with) So I stop right near the enemy base (I have never been to this map before so I have no clue where I am sitting... for all I know, hm guess what, it could even be a spawn spot. But I didn't care cause I wanted to regen some life with my warmth before I tried to take on two people at once) so I am sitting there, and poof, kicked again...

I was pretty shock now... the person who kicked me was the one I was after, if he did not see why I had stopped and thought I was going to start spawn killing, I don't think he should be making decisions on who gets kicked or not.

Date Posted: July 26, 2007, 08:20:44 AM
Oh and after all that, I didn't even kill one person from a spawn point those three kicks... How can you even kick without evidence? So what if I stand in the enemy base, it could even be so I am closer to the enemy flag. (Which is always why I am just hiding somewhere, where it be in there base, or somewhere near the flag)

(CORRECTIONS : those* and holder*)

Date Posted: July 26, 2007, 08:24:07 AM
I just wanted to have some damn fun, I have not played Soldat in awhile... The only reason I downloaded it and started play (Which suprisingly enough was today) was because my friend on msn said he was playing in some rpg soldat game... I quickly after downloaded and started playing, enjoying every single second. Also taking fair play into considoration. Like NOT spawn killing.

The only person who started having a problem with me was a random mod who joined.

Date Posted: July 26, 2007, 08:28:45 AM
Sure seems like a perm ban =) but... I guess I can always wait a bit longer. I thought perm bans were like 15 mins though?

and what was up with that server mod...

What I ment was (miss typed) "I thought kick bans were like 15 mins though?"* In reply to the person who said something above me.

Date Posted: July 26, 2007, 08:35:16 AM
... Just on a side note. I could easily change my IP address and that would be the end of this. But I need to know that I was not at fault. Because well, I was not at fault.

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
« Reply #277 on: July 26, 2007, 10:26:23 am »
You just lied.  You were kicked BEFORE the map changed and if  that's not true then you were kicked just as the map changed.  The reason i know this other than my outstanding memory (lol) is because u said you never played that map.  Well that map is brand spanking new and to my knowledge that's the only server who is playing it at the current time so you would have had to disconnect to DL it.  You WERE warned twice before you were kicked. 

As for "they were spawnkilling me and the mod did nothing"... the mod was playing at the current time and was at HIS base... he could not have known and i know for a fact u didn't report it.

For the record I dont agree that you got kicked without a little more warning or an explanation of what constitutes spawn killing but that's not my place.  Hell i even think spawn killing should be allowed in the case of a flag standoff.  But if the admin says to use only fists then by god you better drop that gun soldier, especially if you love the server/script/whateverthe****ever.  So with all that said... next time just obey the orders or ask questions to fully understand them...if not then dont complain when ya get kicked.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 10:28:12 am by SirJamesaford »

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #278 on: July 26, 2007, 11:19:59 am »
new bugz

12. When Kamikaze kills Ghoul, Ghoul just respawns, it's not getting kicked.
13. When Sprint is active, grenades throwed by caster fly through walls.

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=14061.msg196073#msg196073

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
« Reply #279 on: July 26, 2007, 11:21:03 am »
Plus on the eC servers when you stand still people seem to be warping.  Its similar to the prone bug only their not proning.