Author Topic: Cluster Grenades  (Read 3711 times)

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
Re: Cluster Grenades
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 06:24:29 am »
Because at the moment, they are worse than grenades.

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2007, 07:16:38 am »
Well you don't actually aim when you throw clusters, everytime you get 3 clusters you just throw them blindly.
Yes, you throw them blindly just to get rid of them and take normal ones.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2007, 07:41:34 am »
Well you don't actually aim when you throw clusters, everytime you get 3 clusters you just throw them blindly.
What I meant was, you don't need to aim when throwing clusters, you can just throw them bindly. Thats why the cluster damage should not be higher.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2007, 09:41:03 am »
What I meant was, you don't need to aim when throwing clusters, you can just throw them bindly. Thats why the cluster damage should not be higher.

Your point is invalid. Even if you throw them blindly, that doesn't change anything to the fact that they are totally useless as they are now.

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2007, 10:49:44 pm »
Really, each cluster should be a real nade, if not close to one. Just no delay in detonation.

You can't actually kill someone by throwing a nade straight at them, remember that.

And...why is the Red Guy's point relevant in any way? The cluster nades really SHOULDN'T be made just for nadespamming, which they are now. They could be a bit more of a precise tool for eliminating enemy groups, or at least damaging them rather well, instead of just scratching them.

The reason people nadespam with them is to get rid of them. FAST. Before you need a real grenade.
Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline iBhutz

• Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2007, 08:43:21 am »
There fine to me, I agree with The Red Guy, as soon as you get them, u chuck em around blindly anyway. They shouldn't get more damage. If you don't like them, don't pick them up.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2007, 08:49:19 am »
Chucking them is the solution, not the cause. They suck; therefore you get red of them as fast as possible and try to get normal nades.

If the clusters aren't going to get the blast radius of normal nades, thats fine, but buff the power, atleast.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2007, 11:23:53 pm »
There fine to me, I agree with The Red Guy, as soon as you get them, u chuck em around blindly anyway. They shouldn't get more damage. If you don't like them, don't pick them up.
But if they were more powerful then I wouldent just throw blindly, I would want to use them well.

I would also like to see clusters flying away from the hit surface. As it is now they always go straight up which means that if you hit a wall most of them just explode in the wall.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.