6 (27.3%)
Slap on the wrists
7 (31.8%)
Nothing
5 (22.7%)
Hiel Account!
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Revoke 5th/6th account's moderater rights  (Read 3918 times)

Offline iDante

• Veteran
Re: Revoke 5th/6th account's moderater rights
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 05:53:51 pm »
While I disagree with 6th_account on a lot of WM ideas, I haven't really seen reason to remove his mod rights. He posted good reasons for locking those threads.
What I would say though 6th_account, is that you should post better locking reasons. Because I can is not going to make people happy.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 06:01:01 pm »
While I disagree with 6th_account on a lot of WM ideas, I haven't really seen reason to remove his mod rights. He posted good reasons for locking those threads.
What I would say though 6th_account, is that you should post better locking reasons. Because I can is not going to make people happy.
reasons like "because i can"!?!?! not a good reason lol
Text goes here...

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 06:11:17 pm »
I mean in his earlier post on this thread.
He should post these reasons in the thread to be closed is what I'm saying.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 06:16:53 pm »
Reasons like "because I can" and "I don't like the topic-starter" would inevitably ignite a flamewar against 5th/6th account.

Please keep it reasonable next time.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2007, 08:51:15 am »
Let's make a poll about this topic!

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2007, 09:40:00 am »
The reason "Because I can" is probably just a joke or mask for the actual (probably obvious) reason.. However, it's a joke that actually shouldn't be made, if it is one.

Also, you don't have to go to a high pagenumber in order to revive an old topic. Some topics are revived because they were opened by someone who had them as a search result. I couldn't just set up a few guidelines for which topic to lock and which not, I'd judge by the new reaction and it's relation to the first post.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007, 10:29:23 am »
nah, no poll is necessary, tho this topic might be saying "take his rights away" I would leave the right s at his hands and just don't get in his way much, and ya, reasons like "cuz i can" are bat but oh well, a Mod or Admin can make a few booboos a few times... I have been a mod once and it is pretty hard to keep your humor out sometimes, just forget about this topic and get back to life (or get one first)
Text goes here...

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 02:15:30 pm »
nah, no poll is necessary,
What? Unnecessary? you got it!

After reading his explanation I changed my opinion, I think 6th should review his locking policy and explain why he locks his topics in the topic. Explaining could just be a quote of what someone else said, quote a rule or quote someone to explain to them, Last time I checked (a few seconds ago) there are a few stickies, but none of them are clearly about the rules, Chakra's "purpose of the forum" has only one rule in it, and that is a general rule of thumb for all forums.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan