Author Topic: Need help with healing gun  (Read 3014 times)

Offline chillis34

• Major
    • [FT] Clan Web Site
Need help with healing gun
« on: May 08, 2007, 08:57:14 am »
Im gonna start implimenting a medical aplicator for my mod but when i tested it it sent my heath to a all time high of 307% in realistic mode is there anyway to get it down to 100%?
I am the smartest :D

Offline |FA| Arbi†er

• Major(1)
  • Uh, Yeah?
Re: Need help with healing gun
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 01:28:45 am »
woah- wait, you want to heal your enemies?

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 02:49:53 pm »
Or teammates...Anyway, try...Setting the damage 3 times lower?
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 09:40:49 pm »
Experiment. Find a heal level that will make it balanced, so it will take a while. Or just have a rather big fire interval, or a long reload time and one round in a clip. Then it'd be an injection gun.

Or are you not going for balance here?

Then, in your case, it's fine.
Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 12:55:52 pm »
A heal SOCOM has been done before in one old TW server.  It's not up anymore, but I remember how it went.

The bullet had an extremely low velocity, like 15 or something.  You had to be next to the guy you wanted to heal, but you could also heal yourself.  10 round clip, recovered 25% of health each shot.  About a 10 second reload for nerfing purposes.

In all honesty, this style worked quite well.  I would suggest trying to emulate this.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline ThunderPantz

• Camper
  • My avatar rules you.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 11:56:14 pm »
A heal SOCOM has been done before in one old TW server.  It's not up anymore, but I remember how it went.

The bullet had an extremely low velocity, like 15 or something.  You had to be next to the guy you wanted to heal, but you could also heal yourself.  10 round clip, recovered 25% of health each shot.  About a 10 second reload for nerfing purposes.

In all honesty, this style worked quite well.  I would suggest trying to emulate this.

That'd be hilarious if someone made a mod on a server everyone went to... and the stats of the guns were normal, except a few are uber healing guns. And nobody knew which ones healed so when the went to shoot the enemies they'd heal them instead.

But emulating that would be cool. 10 second reload would suck lol, but i guess it would be balanced.

LET THE BASH PIT LIVE ON.
Smoking doesn't kill people, cancer and tobacco does.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 01:32:40 pm »
But emulating that would be cool. 10 second reload would suck lol, but i guess it would be balanced.
Considering it's a portable medkit, the nerf seems appropriate.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 04:06:29 am »
Just keep in mind that friendly fire must be on, and that bots don't understand the idea very well... My mod used to have a healing tool, but my bots always tended to promptly blow my face off with a shotgun after I'd healed them (they think you're hurting them, so they retaliate).
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 02:19:45 pm »
Set the damage to -50 or something..
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 08:02:38 pm »
Set the damage to -50 or something..
It'd have to be a little more. Speed + Damage = strength of weapon (bullet weapons, anyways), so if the projectile is flying faster than 50, it will injure as a normal weapon.

I don't think you can keep 100% as a max. limit with a negative gun... I could be wrong, tho'. Try that. Keep bringing Damage down slowly and see what happens...

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 09:31:25 pm »
Confirmed Speed+Damage = weapon strength? Because if so, balancing DPS would be a lot easier. You'd think that the physics would not allow such a simple equation as above... =\
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 01:35:10 am »
Well, that's at the basics—I just want to keep the point that the two are able to cancel each other out.

Offline Radical Terrorist

• Camper
  • The Turr'rst
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 05:19:40 pm »
Im pretty sure someone just made the damage negative? or at least 0 or 1?
And I remember that TW server. I learned the hard way that the socom heals because some enemy i got in a skirmish with was one socom shot away from death. I whipped it out and healed him instead...
Never take life seriously. No one ever gets out alive.