Author Topic: Cave Story mod  (Read 12837 times)

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
Re: Cave Story mod
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 06:03:36 am »
I know this is a dumb question but how do I get carchoal in grasstown (used for making a bomb)??
Please tell me
figured it out
On Topic: I just tried the game and I really like it. I've heard of it before but the graphics didn't quite seem good from the screenshots. But now that I've seen it ingame I'm amazed.
I have a suggestion tho:
I think the Deagles should be a level 2 polar star :D
And a question, are you going to make a weapons.ini for this or not?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 06:08:03 am by Will »

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2007, 08:46:08 pm »
Yeah, that minimi sprite was just me messing around. It should be much better but I'll have to work on it.
Things that still need to be done:

Minimi: ingame (which is currently an attempt I made at makeing a gun) and interface graphic.
Minigun: ingame and interface graphic.
A new stat gun would be nice.
All ingame sounds.
Some better gostek files (I have all the hair and hats done).

No, I don't think I will make an .ini file since I think that Soldat, with all it's testing, is fair as it is. (Also I personally like to play default so as to get the same feeling of the game and also be able to play online)

BTW, just to re-iterate:
And there is a problem using different levels of the weapons to get new guns: How do I tell them apart?
Got any ideas for how to make a lvl2 polar star now?

Yeah, the game is great. One of the best.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 08:50:22 pm by Hiro »
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Tblazer13

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2007, 10:22:58 pm »
How about doing the guns GoldenEye 007 style, having Golden Spurs or Golden MG for example.

BTW: Check out N in my sig. It's an awesome rip your hair out frustrating skill platformer. There's no story, but it's still awesome. And try WOP if you like FPSs.

^^^^
0MG 1T'S SPYW4R3Z - jk
Other cool programs (that like Soldat are free):
WOP - An awesome FPS - worldofpadman.com
Gamemaker - Game creation made easy - Forums (gmc.yoyogames.com) - Site (yoyogames.com)
StickOnline - Just one of many games made with gamemaker, in this case a platformer mmo - stickonlinegame.com
N - A sweet platformer with 500 lvls - harveycartel.org/metanet/

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2007, 11:20:12 pm »
Lol, I know 'N'...VERY well... And there is a story. It's right there on the main menu (or the readme, I can't remember) ^.^

Hmm, golden? Sounds interesting. Golden MachineGun FTW!
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Tblazer13

• Major(1)
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2007, 10:30:07 pm »
Ok fine, it has a story, but not a storyline  ;D.

007>Cave Story Mod FTW!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 10:32:47 pm by Tblazer13 »
Gamemaker - Game creation made easy - Forums (gmc.yoyogames.com) - Site (yoyogames.com)
StickOnline - Just one of many games made with gamemaker, in this case a platformer mmo - stickonlinegame.com

Offline adarius

• Major
  • "I'm more than my name." -The Recruit
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 12:41:18 pm »
He's right, N has a background story.  There is no actual storyline to it.

Disclaimer: Above userbar is intended solely as a joke.  If you take it seriously, there is something wrong with you.

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 11:30:06 pm »
Lol, sure there is! "He jumped, and grabbed the wall, and leapt with all his might! And hit a mine. Then he restarted!" ;D

Lol, 007 CaveStory....

Offline Tblazer13

• Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 10:35:23 pm »
Ok, back on topic now. Have you made any progress?

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 03:16:04 am »
Well, I made a golden machine gun as minimi. I have to admit, I didn't like it. Therefore, no, not really. (Plus I was at a holiday house this weekend and didn't get to work on it >.<)

Offline Tblazer13

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 04:28:08 pm »
Hmm, back to the drawing board :(. How about keeping it simple and having something like an xtreme mg, or a modified spur. And just changing the color and/or adding some accessories. Seriously, just do it. Then we can figure out how to get those sounds ???.

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2007, 10:56:25 pm »
*grins*
That's it exactly.

Offline Tblazer13

• Major(1)
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 09:36:01 pm »
Anything new?

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2007, 11:11:39 pm »
Well, I seem to be a lazy ass that likes savage too much. >.<

I have a passable minimi modification. It's my own creation. See below (I made it kinda like how the guns are made in CaveStory). It could be like one of the human guns or something.
The m79 shell is now different too.

Bump. Any comments for the new stuff on the front page?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 04:57:45 am by Hiro »

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 09:07:37 am »
I known, It can be strange but some weapons in Cave Story are more stranger than this names, so you have choice, some are from FF8.
For 9 Black Dragon, Pulsar, or just Shockwave, Blame Caster, Reaper, Hunter, Tyrant, No Mercy, Black Lion, Adel's Destiny (heh my favourite sorceress because true psychotic mentality and mysterious in general ;)), Dark Laguna, Eliminator (using by Killer Robots?).
---   
For 10 Nightmare or Dreamscaper, Avalanche,  Treatment (no excuse, kill, kill, kill! :P), Doom, King of Sea (Rahab?), Ultima, Fallen Angel , Leech Life, Undead Lord, Medusa, Aqualung.
---
In-game looking good, but at interface-gfx/guns not enough, still something is missing and first weapon, probably black minimi at interface/weapon-menu is unacceptable.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 09:19:09 am by Henito Kisou »

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2007, 01:17:19 am »
Ok, I got all of that except the last bit.
"but at interface-gfx/guns not enough, still something is missing and first weapon, probably black minimi at interface/weapon-menu is unacceptable. "
Did you mean that I should re-do the interface graphics for both?

Thanks for the names. The minimi(9) will be the Laguna and the mini gun(10) will be the Ultima.

[EDIT]
Ok, I've changed the minigun, have a look.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 02:11:44 am by Hiro »

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2007, 04:45:51 am »
No, I just thinking, this weapon in-game isn't so similiar as in weapons-menu, only that, can stay, but is little different.
And, please, if you updating the mod always get link for DL in first post in topic, that will be easier. For the sounds, I cant make any with quality because my PC is half piece of shit and have big problems with sounds recording/playing correctly as well as gfx card problems, but try e-mail to the original creator, Pixel or post something on his forums, I think, he understand something in international language, english, not only japanese. ;)

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2007, 05:49:21 pm »
Ok, next time I'll make a DL link.
So I make the interface graphic more similar to the in-game graphic? Or less?

Hmm..I hadn't thought of talking to Pixel himself. I'll think about it.

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2007, 08:17:02 am »
Hmmm... try make more similiar but dont too simplify details like in-game. At "Guns" and "Weapons-gfx" must be connections, weapon-gfx can be simple, but guns at menu need be more advanced, lots of details, more colors, shading. Differences between Weapons-gfx and Guns are obvious, but always keep original Cave Story style, if you started making mod with that idea.

Date Posted: June 30, 2007, 01:11:56 AM
1. Gosteks will be not grayscale, just colorful version, so best looking in all white.
2 I starting from scratch, so all hairs, headgears will be new, but I keep your original configuration like Punk as Kazuma, Dreads as Curly, Mr. T as Quote etc.
3. Gostek-gfx will be as Quote, Team2 as Curly, they best fit to mod, but if you want another choice, tell me.
---
Aghhh! ;) I forgot, there's only one BGM music that allow you to record clean in-game or weapon sounds. It's called "Quiet" and played in Mimiga Town after escaping from Labyrinth. First tones, samples, if you are fast, allow you to record exactly clean sounds. Later you need cut music parts to get original sounds. Once again, Audacity + default MS Sound Recorder team :P Here are cleaned, finished example sounds, maybe not too loud, but...
Dont forget about correct muzzle flashes and bullets for weapons from original game.
I dont have weapons: Polar Star, Snake, Machinegun - because Spur, Sword - because Nemesis, so can't record sounds for that weapons at this moment.

Date Posted: June 30, 2007, 02:43:07 AM
more sounds.

Date Posted: June 30, 2007, 03:10:18 PM
Jump'n'fall sounds.

Date Posted: June 30, 2007, 03:12:14 PM
Rocket Launcher sonuds (Super Missile).

Date Posted: June 30, 2007, 03:13:35 PM
Finally, Spur, reloading sound is longer due to real reloading of barret in game -you dont want add .ini weapon mod so I maked longer sound.
---
Think, I can get more from game, but not every sound, so will be easier if you contact with Pixel to ask for all neccessary sounds ;)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 09:44:27 am by Henito Kisou »

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2007, 09:10:45 pm »
Wow! Thanks so much!
I'll start implementing them right away and see how it goes.

Hmm, I tried to keep the original CaveStory style for the interface graphics but maybe 9 and 0 do need revamping. I'll see.

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2007, 03:26:23 pm »
I can get all weapons sounds, but only several in-game sounds. For some of them you will be wait longer (I mean Polar Star exchange weapons).