Author Topic: Clan Portals (Beta)  (Read 1046 times)

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
Clan Portals (Beta)
« on: May 08, 2007, 03:49:12 pm »
Donations
SoldatPage needs your donations, from which these clanportals will greatly benefit.
For more information please head over to the SoldatPage topic.
Thanks!

Clan Portals
- BETA!

You cannot sign up yet, only after the BETA stage which will probably end somewhere at the end of June.

Intro:
This website is a part of SoldatPage. However, it is a gigantic project so I decided to post it in a new topic.

Clan portals is a website project that allows people to create their own clansite without having to know HTML or any other development code. The site has a whole bunch of modules which makes it very handy. Each page consists of a header-module-footer layout. This means that you can type text above the module and underneath the module. Also, the scripts support forum code, so you can use , and so on.

Available modules:
- News
- Clan history
- Members list
- 'Join us' form
- Downloads section (+hosting!)
- A calendar
- Clanwar history
- Links page
- Forums (link)
Each module and page can be turned on or off individually!

Important note:
Because of the high server demandings and coding efforts (took me 3-4 months) I'll be asking a price for a clanportal. With the money, I'll be buying a dedicated server to put my websites on. This is completely in your benefit; this will allow me to rent Soldat servers and offer huge amounts of hosting with the clanportals for exactly the same price. Also, if the clan rents a Soldat server, it will be implemented into the clansite portal with data such as stats and server status and so on.
I'm not usually a fan of paid services, but this time it's really worth the effort. The price has yet to be decided as well as some other data such as the hosting space.

I will be playing open cards for this, to show you what I'll be doing with the money:
i'll be buying a dedicated server from hetzner.de, more specifically the cheapest one. The server will have loads of storage, bandwidth and transfer rates as well as hardware capacities. The monthly fee is (49€+21%=59,29€=80,68$) and the setup costs are (99€+21%=119,79€=162,99$). The price is very well worth the quality.

The future:
In the future I'll be adding more modules, according to suggestions and feedback. But more important, I'll be adding fully customizeable skins. This will also take alot of effort but since the beta stage will only end somewhere around the end of June, I should have enough time to complete this task.
Once I have enough money to buy the Dedicated Server, I will also be renting Soldat servers. The servers' price will depend on the test I will run on that server. Also, the implementation of a rented server into clanportals is free.

Example clanportal
SoldatPage

Please leave your feedback, I can use it more than ever

Grtz, DePhille
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 06:34:35 pm by DePhille »
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Coconutmilk

• Major
  • \m/>.<\m/ Rock on!!!!!!!!
Re: Clan Portals (Beta)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 05:16:17 pm »
A very well and thought up idea
I LIKE IT!!!!
It will probily increase the clan world and make it grow and mature
but it will take and time and of course money
I wish you luck and hope you can complete this goal
pm me if you need anything
You will be accepting donations right?

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
Re: Clan Portals (Beta)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 06:43:02 am »
I'm currently thinking about the payment methods.
Paypal is by far the easiest payment method for me, but I have yet to test it out to find out extra costs and such before I'm actually able to guess a price.

Ofcourse I'm willing to open up a donations page, and hiopefully it'll bring in some money so I can remove those stupid ads on the left-bottom corner of the website. However, I think actually no-one will donate so I haven't really given it a chance.

Good news:
The beta-stage will be over alot sooner than planned. However, I'll only be able to add other payment methods (other than PayPal) at the end of June.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.