Author Topic: Law n' Nades 'team friendly'  (Read 1449 times)

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
Law n' Nades 'team friendly'
« on: May 12, 2007, 08:20:17 am »
This happens to me at least twice every soldat session. You aim up your shot at the EFC, fire only to find one team member has walked in front of you, therefore killing yourself.

So my suggestion is, that Grenades and Law missiles go through team mates long enough to ensure that when they hit a team mate, they wont hurt you.

Hiro had this idea:
If friendly-fire is off then all attacks (bullets, missiles, 'nades and stuff) go through allies. Also, removing the ability to punch allies could be nice too since right now you can't stand next to an ally and fire.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 03:46:05 am by X-Rayz »

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
Re: Law n' Nades 'team friendly'
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 11:59:52 am »
It's called watching out for your teammates. But the responsibility is more on your teammates. If they see you with a LAW out, then they shouldn't be stepping in front of you.

But all the noobs are just too stupid to care.

Support.
Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 07:54:51 pm »
Normally, when someones running away with the flag, I'll be more focused on aiming at him, then going 'Oh wait, someones right in front of me! Guess I'll wait till he gets out the way. *Bravo Scores!* Oh well. Least I didn't die! :) :) :)

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 09:08:07 pm »
Yeah, sounds like a good idea, I don't use the law very often apart from when I'm in a tunnel but I always kill myself with nades when a team mate jumps in front of me.

f12.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 10:36:58 pm »
Never ! Blocking LAW fire is the number one way to annoy people you hate in Trenchwars, next to nading them into the ground. Taking it away would be like ... like ... taking the spinach from Pop-Eye ! Or Chakra's waffles !

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 11:09:33 pm »
...What? Sorry, I don't think pissing off anyone other than the other team is part of the game....

I also keep hitting my team mates with a law (and killing myself) but it's kinda odd to make a law go through your team mates unless the other bullets did too...which isn't what this topic is about.

What say you to this: If friendly-fire is off then all attacks (bullets, missiles, 'nades and stuff) go through allies. Also, removing the ability to punch allies could be nice too since right now you can't stand next to an ally and fire.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 11:14:40 pm »
No support for this idea at all. When I have flag and there are two people, I usually try to get them inn some sort of a curved diagonal line so this exact thing happens. Its part of the unpredictability and teamwork aspect of the game.

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 03:45:22 am »
Why would you want your bullets to hit your teammates?

This isn't to go through ENEMIES, but team mates.

And I support Hiros idea.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 04:32:15 am »
Hmm... I think your idea holds some potential. It's very annoying when you kill yourself because some moron walks in front of you. However, it's not their responsability alone, and MOE is right when saying "It's called watching out for your teammates".

I do not support Hiro's idea about making bullets go through friendlies whenever FF is off. I think it'd be very annoying, and we'd say a whole more spraying as well.

I actually like how you're supposed to look out for your teammates. Gives soldat a more strategic aspect, plus it often seperates the pro from the.. well.. lassocrankers.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 05:27:32 am »
What are you supposed to do when you see someone in front of you though? Move to a new position? By that time the guys either killed you or gotten away.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 05:35:15 am »
Maybe you should start using a different weapon instead of just camping with the LAW all the time, then.
I use the LAW quite a lot, and this problem never really occurs to me. Of course someone sometimes get in front of me, but I just sieze fire and switch to my main.

It's not that much of a problem, really.

Also, you gotta ask yourself, what is it that makes soldat fun? Is it a massive amount of kills, sometimes on cost of either you own or your friends life, or is it the strategic and teambased aspect, where you'd rather keep your fellow Alpha/Bravo/Charlie/Delta alive?
I'm with the last, and allthough you can almost never find a server with good teamgaming potential, it is  certainly worth it when you do.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 05:59:31 am »
First off it's not a big problem and the gameplay change would be rather radical. And it would kind of ruin team boosting with explosives too. Not supported.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 08:39:47 am »
good thing you didn't mention M79 - cuz that would just be more reason for people to use it...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline ghg

• Camper
  • Village Idiot
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 08:48:28 am »
It's a feature. Plus you can use it to boost teammates at great speed if thier jumping.
-=Gradius wuz you=-

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 08:49:08 am »
Do not want. It's more fun if m79 noobs can kill themselves by shooting at their team mates from point blanc, and it always gives you a happy feeling when some nice noobtuber on your team actually goes to the trouble to m79 boost you.

Offline imacheater2k7

• Soldier
  • Your friendly neighborhood semi-goth.
    • New VGN
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 09:40:58 pm »
I think this would get rid of some of the realism in the game. This is a cool game for many reasons, but the biggest is its unrealistic realism. No support.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 07:13:52 am »
...It's unrealistic realism?