Team bands/ icons(or similar)?

definitely!
31 (66%)
Maybe(rather something similar)
9 (19.1%)
Nah
7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Arm bands/ simple team colors  (Read 5963 times)

Offline PoX

• Major(1)
  • Sn-Msg
Arm bands/ simple team colors
« on: May 11, 2007, 08:13:18 pm »
Poll for topic!

Basic concept, anything to X out the team colors so that you can see yours, and other players colors amongst whatever else may be modded to their in game person. Original suggestion was  maybe team colored arm bands/ whatever other piece of small enough to see your own colors but big enough to be seen clothing idea. Or team over head icons, which if it were to go that route then I'd have to say it couldn't be anything bulky, it would look stupid, maybe just a little red or blue dot over the heads of allies and yourself. So basically just anything to rid the team colors as you are almost always on teams and can't see your own colors/ just get tired of seeing red and blue. Once that were out of the way it would  ultimately allow others to see your colors, add to diversity and customization , and just a better look when you get to choose. Or so I think, plz support!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 01:08:15 pm by PoX »
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

Offline NI-MH

• Major(1)
Re: Arm bands/ simple team colors
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 11:12:19 am »
Yeah that would be nice. Team mates must have an icon over their head so you don't nade them when they are behind a bush. And less color on your guy so you can use camouflage.
F12

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 11:16:34 am »
Agree. That would be very nice. Maybe team colored helmet? But not everyone wear helmets.

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 11:58:37 am »
I'd like the team icon and the one-part team color suggestions.

It's also been suggested (the team icon, that is) in the thread dealing with colorblindness.

F12.
Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 01:15:24 pm »
Or maybe all sleeves should be in team color.

LtHerbert

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 01:42:29 pm »
u should be able to do this with helmets too. it would be cool for clans to have a member with a medic helmet instead of a hat.

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 01:47:45 pm »
...like me, if we were playing in a mod with a medical-type weapon.
Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 04:31:39 pm »
This idea with the armbands would be pretty cool. So you could have a dark green torso instead of bright read, way better for TWs.

Offline Scrooge

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 08:10:09 pm »
Me likes! It really sucks trying to camp with a bright red....... I mean..... I would realy like to be dark green thats all. *Looks again at first post* You wouldnt happen to be pox from the 40k forums now would you?
R.I.P Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold

Offline PoX

• Major(1)
  • Sn-Msg
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 08:04:16 am »
Me likes! It really sucks trying to camp with a bright red....... I mean..... I would realy like to be dark green thats all. *Looks again at first post* You wouldnt happen to be pox from the 40k forums now would you?
Nope only PoX on soldat but I am happy there is positive reaction to my idea though I thought it was something simple but hand none the less. Keep it coming!
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 07:16:36 pm »
Unneeded, and I'd rather have a bunny ears, come on guys, bunny ears!
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline waynechriss

• Major
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 08:29:03 pm »
Ha! I can't count the myriad of times I accidently bombed my team members. I dunno about the arm bands, but the over-the-head icon seems kinda cool. Still, I agree with the points made.

Offline PoX

• Major(1)
  • Sn-Msg
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 10:36:48 pm »
Ha! I can't count the myriad of times I accidently bombed my team members. I dunno about the arm bands, but the over-the-head icon seems kinda cool. Still, I agree with the points made.
Yeah I understand what you were saying because as I like to play as a sniper from time to time I've been hit quite a few times mistaken as the enemy. Though the arm bands or icons couldn't really save you from that as normally your behind a bush or similar hiding place anyways, or so I'd hope wouldn't make a very good sniper in plain view. Anyways maybe it doen't have to be an arm band, it could be something a bit more visible like the overhead icon just anything to help rid the same old same old red blue, I want my own colors damnit! LOL :)[

Date Posted: May 13, 2007, 11:35:44 pm
And I just threw in a poll so if you like the idea or would be behind similar idea plz support it and vote. And plz read original topic before voting, thnx.

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 11:14:28 pm »
Uhm.....No...I think if I couldn't see your shirt as my own colour then only an armband would suck even more, ne?

Over the head icons for team mates would be cool, as said in the color blindness topic. (as an option next to "player indicator", "Team mate indicator")
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 01:04:43 am »
In real...(yea I know that Soldat is not very realistic game). So, in real, soldiers can only guess that is the guy they see is their friend or not. They have got plan and sometimes they shoot friends because they went to far etc.

Just look a bit at men who you are bombing.

"Over the head" icons over all your teammates heads would make Soldat f**kin' less realistic than it is now, so I propose compromise. There should be "over the head" icons but it should be turned on in options menu, the same with arm bands.

Offline As Always

• Soldier
  • ZAKK WYLDE WOOOO
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 01:08:36 am »
Definatly, %100 support for the Team Indicator via an icon over their heads. Not so much for coloured arm bands: that would be real hard to see in windowed mode, no?

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 02:39:42 am »
Team indicator icons yes, armbands no.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 04:45:52 am »
Team indicator icons yes, armbands no.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 09:13:06 am »
Hm...like the secondary colors on the Halo 2 multiplayer character models.  Not a bad idea.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Serial K!ller

• Camper
    • Soldat Mods Archive