Team bands/ icons(or similar)?

definitely!
31 (66%)
Maybe(rather something similar)
9 (19.1%)
Nah
7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Arm bands/ simple team colors  (Read 5974 times)

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
urraka

Offline PoX

• Major(1)
  • Sn-Msg
Re: Arm bands/ simple team colors
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2007, 12:57:13 pm »
Ok so it seems the arm bands are a little touchy and hey thats fine, I'm brain storming here. Maybe the icons over head would be better then, or anything similar, just anything to break the same old team colors.
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

Offline mrwaffles

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2007, 04:02:28 pm »
I think it should be like your team has armbands or icons over head but your enemy gets to wear whatever color clothes they are going to wear! Like if I have all OD (olive drab) clothes seclected then the enemy would see me as all olive drab but my team would see me wearing a X(Xbeing color) shirt or some icon over my head. I think it would add a new element to the game and make it harder to spot enemies just like in real wars/battles. Hell, maybe MM can put some camo pants in there for us to wear instead of solid colors.

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2007, 04:55:16 pm »
Ooh, good idea Waffles.

However, that'd require a LOT of new gosteks.
Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline #38

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 05:51:16 pm »
team indicator icon yes

armbands...no

let alone the fact that a blue guy with blood on him is gonna be hard to tell from a red guy, it's also too small. especially on chaos maps like kamp with like 16 players, you won't have much time trying to tell what color a little stripe is
Real Men Drill Deep

Offline Blyd

• Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 11:05:37 pm »
I think arm bands should be in realistic mode, so that itll be kinda like in real life.

Date Posted: May 15, 2007, 12:03:34 am
also, about the team indicator, would it show the team of the enemy too? if it does, itll give away the position of a soldier trying to hide...

Offline PoX

• Major(1)
  • Sn-Msg
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 11:24:53 pm »
I think arm bands should be in realistic mode, so that itll be kinda like in real life.

Date Posted: May 15, 2007, 12:03:34 am
also, about the team indicator, would it show the team of the enemy too? if it does, itll give away the position of a soldier trying to hide...
Nah, not for the enemy just for fellow allies. Armbands only in realistic.... well maybe but I was thinking of something to actually get rid of team colors all together. Like I said before, maybe not arm bands, as icons are seeming to be favored or whatever else similar. Just whatever to see my own colors and have others see it.
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2007, 02:44:10 am »
The reason I don't like the idea of armbands is then a guy on Blue Team could have red pants, a red shirt, a red hat, and be bloodstained, with only a few pixels of blue showing.  Oh, and don't forget the red skin too if they're using the Color Changer.  It'd just be too hard to tell.

Offline Quantifier

• Major
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2007, 04:22:26 am »
I like both ideas, teammate overhead indicators and coloured armbands instead of coloured shirt and helmet. I we someday get the way to change player appearance in server scripts, we could easily deal with those who use red or blue clothes on the wrong team.

Offline PoX

• Major(1)
  • Sn-Msg
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2007, 07:46:51 am »
The reason I don't like the idea of armbands is then a guy on Blue Team could have red pants, a red shirt, a red hat, and be bloodstained, with only a few pixels of blue showing.  Oh, and don't forget the red skin too if they're using the Color Changer.  It'd just be too hard to tell.
right right, I see what your saying but there is still the idea of overhead icons, or anything else similar

The arm bands were just an initial thought, one I still like, but maybe not the best one, next on the list being the icons, but if anyone else has a suggestion as to something that would work better and still allow players to have their own colors, well bring it  up, that what this topic is all about.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 07:49:23 am by PoX »

Offline neon

• Major
  • yay :)
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2007, 04:34:52 am »
^^^ good point

wouldn't it be a bit hard to tell who was on your team quickly with the armbands =/ because of the size they'd be, but the team indicators could be ok :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 04:36:29 am by neon »

Offline PoX

• Major(1)
  • Sn-Msg
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2007, 01:15:58 am »
^^^ good point

wouldn't it be a bit hard to tell who was on your team quickly with the armbands =/ because of the size they'd be, but the team indicators could be ok :)

Sigh.... yes. I've already commented on this early in this thread, plz read before posting.

Date Posted: May 16, 2007, 12:35:21 pm
Out of curiosity about how often do the improvements suggestions really get put into the game? Just wondering if that is almost never or if it actually is in consideration alot.

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2007, 02:24:45 pm »
Pretty much never.

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2007, 02:30:30 pm »
Its red and blue... is any one in the fking world having trouble with knowing whos on your team and who isnt... i just dont see the point in this.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2007, 02:55:36 pm »
I agree. The system's fine as it is, really. No need for change. besides, F3nyx brought up an excellent point right there.

Also, about wether or not the suggestions forum is actually ever brought up for consideration. Well, it is. Top guys say they look through these topics and consider things quite a lot. Problem is, there's so many stupid ideas about vehicles, commands, gamemodes etc., that's practically impossimple to implement. Not to mention, completely uninterresting.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2007, 03:04:34 pm »
Echo is right yet again

Offline PoX

• Major(1)
  • Sn-Msg
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2007, 06:06:44 pm »
Its red and blue... is any one in the fking world having trouble with knowing whos on your team and who isnt... i just dont see the point in this.
WOW... Thats because you just totally missed the point, I'm not talking about making it easier for people to see their team's. I'm talking about actually allowing you to see your own customizations to your colors by scraping the whole red and blue color thing, especially in 1.4 now that it has spread to pants. I mean really, wow, did you even read the topic? Scraping it and replacing it with say team icons or armbands or whatever else similar. Note to posters, read before posting :)

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2007, 06:51:08 pm »
got half way thru and realize it was pointless

Offline dapaperboy

• Major(1)
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2007, 05:27:52 pm »
best idea ever....pikachew masks!