Author Topic: Soldat.exe recognised as a Trojan - AVG FIXED  (Read 29902 times)

Offline General Meevious

• Major
Re: Soldat.exe recongnised as a Trojan
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2007, 01:47:56 am »
I received a reply! (quick, huh?)

Unfortunately, it basically just questioned my authenticity. Because I'm still running free edition, I wasn't on their database, so apparently my complaint wasn't worth looking into. >_<

I replied again anyway though!

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2007, 06:01:38 am »
Uhm, if your soldat icon turned to a white window-thingy you already ruined it. Rebooting your PC doesn't ehlp. You must delete Soldat completely (also the windows registry entries) and then reinstall it. Just do not click on heal or anything and make sure you turn off AVG Resident Shield before you open Soldat.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2007, 06:08:35 am »
Reminder to all soldat players with Soldat
1. Turn off network connections (internet)
2. Turn off residential shield
3. Load Soldat
4. Turn on residential shield
5. Turn on Network Connections (internet)
That is the safest way, because whilst you are playing, you have no protection from viruses.
But you can turn everything back on again when you've loaded soldat.

What if you want to play against something else than stupid bots? ;o
As long as you don't actually download shady material or visit suspicious sites (hint hint, IE) you'll be fine. Side that with a decent firewall and you can temporary disable it without any real risks.

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2007, 08:38:15 am »
aw.. turned out that the reply i got was a bot message, got another one just like it. :/

Offline light487

• Major(1)
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2007, 03:40:40 pm »
Uhm, if your soldat icon turned to a white window-thingy you already ruined it. Rebooting your PC doesn't ehlp. You must delete Soldat completely (also the windows registry entries) and then reinstall it. Just do not click on heal or anything and make sure you turn off AVG Resident Shield before you open Soldat.

Grtz, DePhille

I have done this: Uninstalled Soldat through control panel, deleted the installation folder (as it had maps and things I had downloaded from servers), searched the registry for all references to Soldat and deleted them, then rebooted my computer and installed Soldat.exe and I still can't run the game. I get that same "Windows cannot access the device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I am running Windows Vista Premium, I have even tried running the game as Administrator (not that I had to before).. and even tried running from command pompt directly... still I get an "Access Denied" message. All the other parts of soldat install work correctly, ie. the config, mod starter, uninstaller etc.. just that the main soldat.exe file will no longer run on this machine.

May be there is a registry entry that I have overlooked because I just searched for "soldat" in regedit. I have been playing the game, with AVG running daily sweeps for over a week and it was only yesterday that it decided to say it was a trojan..

What now...?

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2007, 07:46:30 pm »
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

File you have send us for analysis, is false alarm and will be removed from our definitions with new AVG virus base update.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Rostislav Ratkovsky
     AVG Technical Support

Mission successful.

Offline IChangedMyName :)

• Major(1)
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2007, 09:19:17 pm »
I received the AVG update, turned on the resident shield and no prob  :)

Offline PoX

• Major(1)
  • Sn-Msg
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2007, 10:55:39 pm »
Hrm well there is a few things to address here. First off, to the people trying to contact AVG tech support or anything like that, you can't. Not unless you have the good commercial use, non free version. If you know someone with a good version have them send out a letter to tech support or something, though I don't see it being any real help. Secondly if AVG is your only virus protection, don't be dumb and uninstall it just so you can play games, in this case, soldat.  My actually shield I have on all the time is Mcafee and use AVG as a back up scanner. Well until I updated it a little bit ago I had no issue. Now I'm in the same lot with the access violation. I still have 1.3 on here and it still works fine but not for 1.4. Now whats odd is I NEVER have AVG's shield on, if turning it off works for you, well great, but if anyone finds a good fix plz post it. Other than whats posted already, and what I'm going to try and do is to turn off ANY components avg through task manager and turn off some of its extra features. The only thing that I know that works for sure is flat out uninstalling it, as I tried it earlier. However avg works great and actually got me out of a tight fix once my other scanners didn't even catch a hint of so I'm not to keen on letting it go.

Date Posted: May 16, 2007, 11:50:19 pm
Wow well actually just after I posted my last post I got it to work. I updated and turned of that scanning component of the shield and the e-mail scanner and no problem. Good luck to the rest, I'll see if I can't find something for everyone else should someone else not find it first.
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

Offline EnEsCe

• Flamebow Warrior
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2007, 11:08:24 pm »
PoX.... Read my post... Thats from AVG...

Offline PoX

• Major(1)
  • Sn-Msg
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2007, 11:24:16 pm »
PoX.... Read my post... Thats from AVG...
Pssshh Well never mind me LOL. Just trying to be helpful... but apparently did read everything in here first. LOL sorry
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

Offline Bitem

• Major
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2007, 12:08:15 am »
hahah tkx enesce

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2007, 12:09:05 am »
Thanks a lot EnEsCe, you rule. :D

Offline NorrisScott

• Soldier
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2007, 12:45:50 am »
Go figure it's EnEsCe who saves the day. Much love, man, thanks for fixing our Soldat :)

Soldat Name: Kazuo Kiriyama

Offline trentblase

• Major(1)
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2007, 02:14:53 am »
Hey, I trust that there's no virus in the official release.  But as far as I know, you can't download the game from the official website, only mirrors.  Therefore, anyone running a mirror could easily slip in a real virus and all of us would be ignoring it.  It would therefore be cool for the authors to post the md5 hash of the authentic zip file so we can verify the integrity of what we get.

Offline canadianassassin

• Major(1)
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2007, 02:19:44 am »
guys just diable the resident shield

Date Posted: May 17, 2007, 03:18:41 am
o sweet u rule EnEsCe yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Offline light487

• Major(1)
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2007, 03:29:17 am »
ok soldat has suddenly started to work now.. I didn't change anything since my last post and it decided to run again, so I have no idea how the problem was resolved... may be Vista just took its sweet time releasing the file to be used again.

Offline EnEsCe

• Flamebow Warrior
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2007, 03:46:05 am »
ok soldat has suddenly started to work now.. I didn't change anything since my last post and it decided to run again, so I have no idea how the problem was resolved... may be Vista just took its sweet time releasing the file to be used again.
Wow, this proves no one reads previous posts anymore....

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2007, 05:01:13 am »
Alright, thanks alot EnEsCe.
I also updated the main post and the title. Administrators or moderators should decide wether they want to keep this topic for NOD32 or just lock it.

EDIT: Done updating the main post. I didn't notice the typo in the title (recongnised), but that's fixed now :P.

Grtz, DePhille
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 05:05:29 am by DePhille »

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
Re: Soldat.exe recognised as a Trojan - AVG FIXED
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2007, 05:31:58 am »
B. Michal Marcinkowski or an Admin should send an(other) e-mail to NOD32 and ask if they will remove the specific entry.
I've send Nod32's company A.K.A Eset too many emails about this and sent them the file for realizing from the beta versions already,
they seems to ignore emails or something, or it takes them few monthes until they read mails I don't know,
Gotta don't trust them that much anymore.
so now when they fixed this bug at AVG,
about Nod32 you can do it this way :

1. click the nod32 icon at taskbar,
- Enter AMON,
- there click Setup,
- now "exlusives" up there in the tabs --> "add"
Now add some folder at your driver
for ex. C:\Games\Soldat
Now download version 1.4 to that folder,
install soldat 1.4 to : c:\games\soldat\1.4
and perfecto, shouldn't have any problem with nod32 this way anymore.

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
Re: Soldat.exe recognised as a Trojan - AVG FIXED
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2007, 05:39:03 am »
Thanks alot, I rewrote it a bit and added it to the main post.

Grtz, DePhille