Author Topic: King 'o the Hill - Attempted Beta  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
King 'o the Hill - Attempted Beta
« on: May 13, 2007, 10:31:26 pm »
Here's my latest concoction : a beta of my interpretation of 'King of the Hill'. For those who have never heard of this game, the general idea is to hold a position as long as humanly possible (generaly played on a hill, with one brute knocking down all other competitors for his position). In this mode, you play on one of two teams that are fighting to hold the center for a cumulative time of approx. 24 seconds (or about 55 caps per second).

Basicaly, the way I set this up was to embed a blue and red flag into the ground. When someone bridges these flags together, they start capping at the aforemented speed. Calculate how many caps per second, and you can say how long each hold should be :D.

Other than that, go ahead and have some fun. I'm looking for any opinions people have (other than the state of the oh-so-horrible internal beta graphics) so after a download please post. I'll take any and all opinions and implement them in the 'full' edition of this map, complete with shading and a bunch of pretty sceneries :).

Try not to get discouraged from downloading from the screenshot, it's horrible simply because it took me half an hour for concept, and twenty seconds for prototype. It's not how I envision future (if good enough reviews come through) maps to look like, it's simply the, well, beta.

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
Re: King 'o the Hill - Attempted Beta
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 10:37:42 pm »
I like the idea (any new game mode is always a plus)... should we expect to see it any time soon or waht?
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 10:45:51 pm »
I think you are missing the point :D. I'm waiting to see if there's any support towards seeing this pan out. If not, I don't want it to go the way of Hoverrace ... no one knowing and having a server dedicating to nothing :D.

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 11:30:01 pm »
my bad... any way id play it and i think most ppl would try it out... you never know, u may be sitting atop another trench wars lol that was just an idea that took off.... i like the idea any way

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 10:18:10 pm »
I like the idea. It would be sorta like a hold the flag match but even better :D good idea i think this would be a pretty popular game mode

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 10:46:26 pm »
INDEED!
 i think alot of ppl would support this (if only for some variety)
but as for me, i always liked king o' the hill type games