Author Topic: When teams are unbalanced, people turn their ears off.  (Read 5035 times)

Offline Lobasuu

• Major
When teams are unbalanced, people turn their ears off.
« on: July 02, 2006, 06:49:21 am »
I have had this kind of situoation loads of times already: im playing ctf, i capture the flag and while escaping i am thinking why the stealing was so easy. So i press f1 and notice that there are 7 men in my team and 3 in the enemy one.
    When i reach my base i dont cap, but say "Teams!" or "Teams unbalanced!". Messages like "LOL yeah" and "ROFL!" pop up, but nothing changes. To draw my teams attention and since scoring against a team so weak would be unfair, i dont cap but sit next to my flag, saying "teams", "teams arent equal" and "balance the fookin` teams" every once in a while.
   As people spawn near me i see them stop and start shouting "Cap!". I tell them, again, that the teams arent equal. As more and more people spawn, they all start telling me to cap and calling me a noob and an idiot.
   Sometimes, after 5 minutes of yelling, a bell rings for someone and he switches the teams, but usually i get kicked for being a noob and not capping.

Now, this has happened to me way too many times. Am i really doing something wrong?

PS: please dont post stuff like "Autobalance can easily get rid of this problem", because that doesnt help me, now does it?

Offline ImpliedQuotient

• Major(1)
  • Res ipsa loquitur, tabula in naufragio
Re: When teams are unbalanced, people turn their ears off.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 08:14:54 am »
Couldn't you just change to the other team first, just to get everyone started?  Once people see how nice you are, they'll want to be on your team.  ;)
My religion is against signatures.

Wait, what?  Oh, darn.

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 08:42:54 am »
Yeah, those selfish bastards. Noticing that the teams are uneven but not taking any action about it except disrupting the game and pointing out that the teams are uneven. I never understood why people don't just change teams instead of announcing it every minute or so.

Oh wait...

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 09:16:07 am »
Hehe, nice one Lobasuu  :D

I would normaly be the one to say "teams" etc and people act like they are compleltely oblivious to the team number. I somtimes don't like changing teams if I am high on the board and a couple of new people are not changing. Although I would change teams if I was fairly new in the server, not in the top half of the board (wich normaly means im new in the server anyway  :P) or a new game starts.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 09:34:00 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Lobasuu

• Major
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 09:31:59 am »
Yeah, not that i really care about points or capping, but its annoying whe n you have the flag and you have to be the one whoe changes the teams.

A good way to pwn your team would be run to the enemy base with the flag and then switch teams  :D

Offline Yukwunhang

• Major
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 09:35:07 am »
Hehe, nice one Lobasuu  :D

I would normaly be the one to say "teams" etc and people act like they are compleltely oblivious to the team number. I somtimes don't like changing teams if I am high on the board and a couple of new people are not changing. Although I would change teams if I was fairly new in the server, not in the top half of the board (wich normaly means im new to the server anyway  :P) or a new game starts.
Then, I must say, you are a faggot. Ruining games just like what a hacker do.

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 09:40:34 am »
Well I suppose it could be selfish to not change because youve capped alot or got alot of kills etc, but it somtimes does not feel like justice to change because a new player does not want to change. Although they are just publics so i dont normaly care that much about the score.

You made the teams uneven, so you go and make them even.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 09:43:07 am by SDFilm »

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 09:42:14 am »
ImpliedQuotient: Animated Sig's are NOT allowed.

Offline Lobasuu

• Major
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 09:43:53 am »
Whoa, why arent animated sigs not allowed?!?  :o

Offline ImpliedQuotient

• Major(1)
  • Res ipsa loquitur, tabula in naufragio
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 10:24:37 am »
Sorry...I guess I didn't read the rules carefully enough.  Changed it to a random image rotation, so everytime you load the page, a new one will load.  Hopefully that's allowed...
My religion is against signatures.

Wait, what?  Oh, darn.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 10:36:25 am »
Hmm i remember when people used to use that alot *goes through rules* yeah i think its fine :P

Lobasuu: We do not allow the use of animated images in your sig (unless you are a moderator, remember they're exempt from forum signature and avatar rules!), it really detracts from the posts, which should be a persons main focus.  If we find your signature particularly distracting for any reason, we may ask you to remove it.

taken from rules.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 11:00:13 am »
Most of the time people dont want to switch teams because they'll lose their score.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 11:06:41 am »
Most of the time people dont want to switch teams because they'll lose their score.

I hate switching since it crashes the game. I do it since unbalanced teams aren't any fun, but it stinks to have to exit the server and rejoin just to switch sides. On top that, I get stuck with a "ghost" still on the other team, making me "Mr. Domino (2)" since the server thinks I've signed on twice.

Anyway, holding a flag to be scored isn't the right thing to do since you're stalling the game and not helping either side. As others said, why can't you switch teams? It's not the end of the world to lose points on a given map.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 11:07:04 am »
Aus servers dont have rankings or anything (except clan-wise) so im not bothered with my score in-game to be honest.

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 01:29:50 pm »

I hate switching since it crashes the game. I do it since unbalanced teams aren't any fun, but it stinks to have to exit the server and rejoin just to switch sides. On top that, I get stuck with a "ghost" still on the other team, making me "Mr. Domino (2)" since the server thinks I've signed on twice.

SAME THING HAPPENS TO ME. it makes me really pissed off lol... i hate seeing myself and then i have that dumb (1) after my name.... =P

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 02:02:33 pm »
Hehe, nice one Lobasuu :D

I would normaly be the one to say "teams" etc and people act like they are compleltely oblivious to the team number. I somtimes don't like changing teams if I am high on the board and a couple of new people are not changing. Although I would change teams if I was fairly new in the server, not in the top half of the board (wich normaly means im new to the server anyway :P) or a new game starts.
Then, I must say, you are a ****got. Ruining games just like what a hacker do.

I play fair and dont lame. Infact I will often give the flag to a teammate if I am low on health with no medpacks aroud. I just think that the person who made the teams unfair should make them fair again. Or at least have the newest person change.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 02:04:47 pm by SDFilm »

Offline Lobasuu

• Major
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 02:25:58 pm »
Yes, thats what i usually too. I check from the F1 menu, who is the lowest and then ask him to swotch teams. Very rarely works, though...

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2006, 08:01:54 pm »
I am the first one to say "teams". Usually, someone obliges, changes teams, and we are on our merry way. Unfortunately, one time, something happened that really pissed me off. It was in a Ctf match (forgot map) and I was on Alpha. Alpha had 4 players and Bravo had 7. I said teams several times and someone from bravo said "quit whining you noob, you're just mad cause you're losing" or something of that nature. Bravo went ahead and won 3 matches in a row because no one was willing to switch to Alpha. I left after that. It's so annoying when that happens.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline reckon

• Soldier
  • raccoon!
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 08:09:26 pm »
Im one for a fair game so I loathe seeing a game progress when theres more than a 2 people difference.
If the teams are rectified within a minute or so, Ill vote kick the person that made the teams uneven, cause generally the case is that someone wanted to be on the winning team, despite morals.
Swing low, sweet chariot!