Author Topic: If you where to create a game...  (Read 7119 times)

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
If you where to create a game...
« on: May 16, 2007, 05:40:27 am »
...how would it be like?  ;D

Have you ever wanted to make a game?

How would your [insert console here] game be like?

What would it be about?

How would the gameplay/graphics/sound/etc be?

DISCUSS!!!!!

[please keep it clean]

Here is my example:

Game title: Weapon Masters
Console: PC, xb360

Description: WM is a online third person hack & slash multiplayer game that brings elements from games like Gunz: the duel and Rune together. you create your own fighter, purchase equipment and train to become stronger to challenge other players in every way imaginable.. deathmatch, Teammatch, CTF, style mode, loot mode and Assassination.

Creating a character will have no limits, you will have tons of options for facial features, hair, clothing... and by applying your Sat's as the way you want you can customize your fighter to be able to fight in a certain way..

There is no level grinding, each characters have their stats decided when they created (so choose wisely), though there are items and skills that can increase them both temporary (rings, amulets, etc) and permanently (potions and scrolls)... those will cost lots of money...

Money will be earned after your slain opponents rank (if youre a beginner and gets a lucky shot at #1, youre a rich man!).. And in the non forgiving loot mode, you can put your cash in line and defeat your opponent and get a fair amount of the money he has...

There will be a channel that will allow you to chat and trade with other players, you can trade weapons and equipment and discuss whatever you want..

Weapons will there be no shortage of in WM, just about every type of weapon will be able to be used... Swords, daggers, axes, Clubs/maces, chained weapons, staffs, spears..... there are even ranged weapons such as throwing weapons, bows and crossbows... there will also be some special and unique weapons that will be able for purchase or as awards for completing special achievements...

Fighting in game will be much more than just waving the biggest sword and carrying the biggest armor, the game will be about using smarts and skill to bring down your enemy...

Characters will have stamina bar, which is depleted after how much the character runs, jumps and waves his weapon around, so it ain't just about swinging it and hope for the best.. you need to time right, think fast and preserve...

Wearing heavy armor will allow you to take more punishment, but some armors work badly against certain weapons (stabbin/crushin weapons > chainmail), and some armors limits your stamina... and some only  gives only protection to certain places (ex: heavy front armor... only covers the front)...

Each weapon class will have special techniques for purchase and later use, anything from increased damage and speed, dual wield, multi strike, to forcefull blows that will ignore armor... other players can even "teach" you a technique, given that your stats fulfill the requirements....

The gaming controlls are the classic WASD keyboard and mouse configuration, the game will support voice chat and have a working anti hacking service...
_________________________________________________ ____

Okay i cant think of any more to think of so ask me if ive missed something, but seriously, if a game like this came out, i would play it like crazy!! ;D

Now you post yours!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 05:48:30 am by Zegovia »

Offline The Rogue

• Major
  • hi im rogue
Re: If you where to create a game...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 05:46:37 am »
lets go play runescape lol :D
[knife]

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 05:55:21 am »
lets go play runescape lol :D

Ive never played runescape, and im somehow proud of it... :P

My idea is a Buffed (in every way) up online version of the good ol' game "Rune"
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/011/011643/vids_1.html

Not like the crappy expansion pack halls of valhalla... a whole new game...

With elements from gunz where you purchase the weapons and equipment you wanna use and take em to the arena to whup some raggedy ass, only thing is, no guns, just medieval weaponary.... and no wall running crap.. and such... :D

Offline Scorpian

• Camper
  • Republican
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 06:15:57 am »
CUBE!

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 06:51:23 am »
mine would have gore sex explosions and piracy

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 07:01:10 am »
I have a ton of ideas, but I've always a wanted to make a space game. Multiplayer only though :P But you can make your own custom scenario with bots. So uh....yeah, of course it will be a little like Homeworld, but take out the resources, building ships, and add more tactical gameplay, like the ability to target parts of a ship, tell all of your ships to concentrate there fire on a group of fighters or something....You'd be given 5 slots, for 5 ships. The more points you gain, the better and larger ships you can use.....to lazy to go into detail.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline The Rogue

• Major
  • hi im rogue
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 07:19:06 am »
?? :D runesacpe is gud for u, u lern to mining like u swing ur axe and hit the rock and tada u get ore superpro llolol!!!lel!!!111111111111! :D:D
[knife]

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 07:36:55 am »
I have a ton of ideas, but I've always a wanted to make a space game. Multiplayer only though :P But you can make your own custom scenario with bots. So uh....yeah, of course it will be a little like Homeworld, but take out the resources, building ships, and add more tactical gameplay, like the ability to target parts of a ship, tell all of your ships to concentrate there fire on a group of fighters or something....You'd be given 5 slots, for 5 ships. The more points you gain, the better and larger ships you can use.....to lazy to go into detail.

Makes me think of space cowboy online, a pretty fun MMORPG sci fi simulator... though you can only have  4 ships, and PVP in that game is hard as hell!! :P

Offline Gippal

• Soldier
  • Look, I have no bad karma!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 07:46:45 am »
Eh. Space Cowboy eats up my virtual memory.

I can't play the game without lag bursts. I didn't do more than 7-10 missions before I quit.

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 11:35:28 am »
Eh. Space Cowboy eats up my virtual memory.

I can't play the game without lag bursts. I didn't do more than 7-10 missions before I quit.

Really? SCO played of pretty well on my computer...  :-\

Offline Rhombus

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 12:34:07 pm »
space cowboy is actually pretty cool... but then some really high lvl dude took me down with one shot and I was like "yeah... I need to sink a loooooooot of time in this game before I can actually compete with others"

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 01:02:51 pm »
Space Cowboy is a really nice game, i was playing 1 mounth, and that stop working...

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 01:20:49 pm »
Well, I'm already working on a roguelike RPG called the Labyrinth of Reptoran: http://reptoran.rogueforge.net/
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 01:30:27 pm »

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 01:38:24 pm »
I would make a good zombie shooter, only headshots kill. Where you have to find survivors and rescue real zombie movie characters from the undead masses trying to get into their shelters. Also famous zombies would appear in the game as well.  Other then that I have some ideas for mmorgps but nothing really thought out.
@ii

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 01:45:39 pm »
I would make.....

A super smash bros. sort of game where it includes ninjas, pirates, and zombies, not to mention items such as squids and orgasmic toys.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 02:29:23 pm »
I would make a good zombie shooter, only headshots kill. Where you have to find survivors and rescue real zombie movie characters from the undead masses trying to get into their shelters. Also famous zombies would appear in the game as well.  Other then that I have some ideas for mmorgps but nothing really thought out.
I would totally make an arnold swartzenegger zombie.

and shooting them in the limbs makes them less manuverable of course.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 02:31:06 pm »
Already made a game(http://blackdevil0742.sitesled.com/ninja/index.html) but it's not that kind of game I really want to do.

So here is my real game.
Game title: Extinction - Planets At War.
Console: PC

Not gonna go so deep on the idea but it's supposed to be a RTS with units that you don't mass product and have to "feel" and care for your units. 4 factions, Limited ammo, AI which rocks by interacting on obstacles and friendly or hostile units. Giving covering fire, ammo.
/\/...more here but it's just too much.

NVM here're some texts I've been writing for it...kinda lame but it's fun to make something :)

Take from the "about" page:

Overview
Extinction - Planets At War is a RTS game set in a futuristic world. The player will follow the story where earth has gone to war against an other being from the Andromeda galaxy. The A.I. will affect a lot on the battles, soldiers will ask for ammo, give covering fire, take cover, help injured squad members, etc. Besides fighting the other being from the Andromeda galaxy other creepy aliens will also be present. They will be on certain maps, if they hear battle they might be drawn to it attacking you and your foes and as the A.I. will work they'll use houses, walls and other obstacles to make their way to the victim.

Story
To summarize the story quickly, when the humans and the andromedans met each other for the first time everyone was happy that there was other life out there but it also made a lot of people afraid. the countries looked at them with suspicion. Later on the tension was so tense that it later broke out in to a war when an unidentified object hit Earth. Humans saw it as an attack from the andromedans and fired rockets at their spaceships, which then responded by attacking Earth.

Take from the "faq" page:

F.A.Q.
Q: What is "Extinction - Planets At War"?
 A: "Extinction - Planets At War" is the next generation real-time strategy game developed for the PC.

Q: What is "Real-Time Strategy?"
 A: A Real-Time Strategy, or RTS, game focuses on being the commander of an army or a civilization. You can control units, gather resources and wage war as in most RTS games.

Q: Where and when does it take place?
 A: The game takes place on Earth in the future year 2642.

Q: What races will be in the game?
 A: There will be humans, andromedans and of course aliens.

Q: When will it be realeased?
 A: Extinction - Planets At War is one of those games that is going to be "when it's done".

Q: Where can I get more information?
 A: Qurrently this is the only place to get hold of all information.

Q: What are the system requirements?
 A: At this time it can't really be told but it'll most likely need a quite powerful system.

My to do list:
TYPE:
-squad based

AI:
-go to assigned point
-fire while walking to assigned point
-hide/cover behind objects
-hide/cover behind vehicles/machines
-jump into buildings
-use close-combat at close range
-use "flank" tactics
-ask for ammo
-ask for medic
-ask for repairs
-ask for reinforcements
-ask for supporting fire
-give ammo
-give health treatment
-give repairs
-give supporting fire
-air units(planes) will circle around one point that's given until new one

UNITS:
-Assault Trooper
-Medic Support
-Heavy Assault Trooper
-Engineer
-Demolition Trooper
-Wall Crawler (Andromedans)
-
-"Raven" Light Cannon Tank (Humans)
-"Erebus" Heavy Machinegun Tank (Humans)
-"Platina" Heavy Cannon Tank (Humans)
-"Arech" Light Machinegun Tank (Humans)
-"Dunham" Transport Vehicle (Humans)
-"Huntrech" Light Machinegun Walker (Andromedans)
-"Julium" Light Cannon Walker (Andromedans)
-"Titium" Heavy Cannon Walker (Andromedans)
-"Kalaech" Heavy Machinegun Walker (Andromedans)
-"Urgum" Transport Walker (Andromedans)
-
-"Sting" Machinegun Plane (Humans)
-"Whalebelly" Bomber Plane (Humans)
-"Dolly" Transport Plane (Humans)
-"Viprum" Machinegun Plane  (Andromedans)
-"Gramy" Bomber Plane (Andromedans)
-"Xuple" Capsule  (Andromedans)

…and more to be added…

PS like i'm going to finish/do this  ::)

OBEY!!!

6th_account

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 02:34:28 pm »
I've for the last year been recreating my old favourite games from Macintosh 7 in Java as applets.
It was so long ago I don't remember all their names, but if someone did I would be most thankful. Then it might be possible for me to re-use some of their graphics.

One was a WWII dogfigthing game. You could chose to control either Luftwaffe, Royal Air Force or the French Air Force. It was a turnbased game, with red arrows indicating the current aircraft's path. If an enemy aircraft got close sometimes real WWII photos of men using the aircraft's turrets would be shown with machinegun sound, indicating automated defense. Constantly would Richard Wagner's song "Ride of the Valkyries" be played in the background. Bloody annoying considering your average game could last for hours. =) You could also choose to play very hard missions like to fight yourself through brittain against massive groups of aircrafts and bomb cities like London.

Another one was a game where you controlled a little ground-based turret against a number of computer turrets. Everyone fought against eachother and you had to figure out the angle in relation to the wind. You could choose shots to either bounce, trigger or fly beyond screen's top and down back. A shot fired would leave a trace coloured the same as your turret, and you could shoot the ground below a turret and he would recieve fall damage. You could use missiles, ICBMs, shields, terrain-generating shots and even make your own. You could also before the game started decide how sharp and bumpy the terrain was gonna be. I think it had a short 4-letter name... for some reason I get the word "Doom" in my head, though it's probably not it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 02:38:57 pm by 6th_account »

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 03:03:38 pm »
One was a WWII dogfigthing game. You could chose to control either Luftwaffe, Royal Air Force or the French Air Force. It was a turnbased game, with red arrows indicating the current aircraft's path. If an enemy aircraft got close sometimes real WWII photos of men using the aircraft's turrets would be shown with machinegun sound, indicating automated defense. Constantly would Richard Wagner's song "Ride of the Valkyries" be played in the background. Bloody annoying considering your average game could last for hours. =) You could also choose to play very hard missions like to fight yourself through brittain against massive groups of aircrafts and bomb cities like London.

AAA! I know EXACTLY what game you're talking about, but I don't remember its name either!

EDIT: Got it! "Over the Reich"
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 03:06:04 pm by {LAW} Gamer_2k4 »
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.