Author Topic: If you where to create a game...  (Read 7069 times)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
Re: If you where to create a game...
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2007, 11:52:56 am »
I would totally make an arnold swartzenegger zombie.

Dude... he'd be unbeatable! Unless he was actually with you, in which case you could just learn back and watch the heads roll, you'd only have one difficulty:

...UNBELIEVABLE PWNAGE!!!
[/color][/size]

Anyway, if I was to make a game I'd focus on one of these 2 genres:
1. A pirate game, third person with a lot of sea battles, raids, but also the ability to go ashore and fight, do business and complete 'missions'. I would focus a lot on the graphics and the atmosphere, and try to make something unique and not Pirates Of The Carribean like. I good pirate game is something we've always missed, and there's not a lot of great ones out there.

2. A strategy war game. You prolly think, "yeah THAT's new ¬_¬", but here me out. The whole idea is that it's realistic according to our time, or maybe a couple of years back as in the 1990's. Nothing like, this unit has so much health and does so much damage. Things would be really thought through.
Like, you would never just send a shitload of units towards some locaton in hopes of ruining as much of it before they all die. You would have to consider casualties, but also keep in mind that you cannot just create new units - you can't irl and you can't here. I'm thinking maybe something like reinforcements every 14 day(Oh yeah, night and day changes every once in a while. Faster than irl ofcourse :P )

Also, another exciting aspect would be, the ability to go first person right on the field. You click some unit, for instance a sergeant, and you're now able to play first person with him and his squad, sending various commands out and peform awesome manouvres and such. Same goes for clicking on anything else, a tank, a helicopter, and airplane... whatever!
Also, I wanna ocus a lot on the navy, seeing as very few games actually have a complete navy as an option. Mostly they just come out as supportships or the like.
Obviously, for these kinds of units the maps would have to be HUGE! Seeing as some navy vessels can shoot several miles, it would be pretty unfair for ones opponent, should you have one besides your base.

Also, there's no such thing as an all-seeing radar. You can only see what a rader can today. No groundunits and such..

What do you think?
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2007, 01:28:25 pm »
I've always wanted to make something that's best described as an RTS Soldat Trench Wars with ultra-realistic weapon-against-armour damage (as realistic as you can get in a 2d game) and a **** load of vehicle and weapon options. Maybe a Warhammer style point system to make teams varied yet balanced. It'll have aircraft and tunnels, so that it's not one huge bloody mess in the middle. Though I can imagine the programming required for such complex combat with AI (unless it's made multiplayer with less soldiers) would be a nightmare XD
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 01:58:10 pm by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline CaptainDamnit

• Major
  • Al Roker need brains!
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2007, 08:54:46 pm »
a 3d real life simulator! your some guy named Ken Kennerson who lives in NYC or some place and has a job. you can drive cars, take cabs, ride buses OR trains, walk the streets, enjoy the sights, or just fool around. think of a game where you can play an actual person, go through real world situations like tossing a quarter to a bum, and have fun at it. All in first person! No third person view to come and ruin the fun. You could go to the airport and like...fly to uhhh...Chicago? i dunno but there'd be some well known citys and maybe something in Europe.
so i guess it'd be just like GTA, Driver, and uhh...other games in one. Xbox360 of course and maybe PC or PS3.
Current State: Partially Dead

Offline rfreak

• Soldier
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2007, 09:22:26 pm »

Dude... he'd be unbeatable! Unless he was actually with you, in which case you could just learn back and watch the heads roll, you'd only have one difficulty:

[/color][/size]

1. A pirate game, third person with a lot of sea battles, raids, but also the ability to go ashore and fight, do business and complete 'missions'. I would focus a lot on the graphics and the atmosphere, and try to make something unique and not Pirates Of The Carribean like. I good pirate game is something we've always missed, and there's not a lot of great ones out there.

2. A strategy war game. You prolly think, "yeah THAT's new ¬_¬", but here me out. The whole idea is that it's realistic according to our time, or maybe a couple of years back as in the 1990's. Nothing like, this unit has so much health and does so much damage. Things would be really thought through.
Like, you would never just send a ****load of units towards some locaton in hopes of ruining as much of it before they all die. You would have to consider casualties, but also keep in mind that you cannot just create new units - you can't irl and you can't here. I'm thinking maybe something like reinforcements every 14 day(Oh yeah, night and day changes every once in a while. Faster than irl ofcourse :P )

Also, another exciting aspect would be, the ability to go first person right on the field. You click some unit, for instance a sergeant, and you're now able to play first person with him and his squad, sending various commands out and peform awesome manouvres and such. Same goes for clicking on anything else, a tank, a helicopter, and airplane... whatever!
Also, I wanna ocus a lot on the navy, seeing as very few games actually have a complete navy as an option. Mostly they just come out as supportships or the like.
Obviously, for these kinds of units the maps would have to be HUGE! Seeing as some navy vessels can shoot several miles, it would be pretty unfair for ones opponent, should you have one besides your base.

Also, there's no such thing as an all-seeing radar. You can only see what a rader can today. No groundunits and such..

What do you think?

That's what I think to there's to much crap on the market and a pirate game with a lot of blood and killing and really put you in the pirate time that would be great I never seen that before and the way I would do it it would be really cool theres a couple of word to describe what the game would be "blood, fight, killing, play it like it play it again!! "
R the coolest game ever

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2007, 01:22:55 am »
A Mobile suit simulator, during the One year war. In space.....Seriously would be the sickest thing in existence next to ice cream.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2007, 05:20:51 am »
Yeah, if possible I always play on 48 or 64 player servers. You actually get a feeling that you're in a war. It'd be sweet to play a game that's kind of like BF2(I have BF2142, but I'm getting sick of the future now), but with more realism, destructable environment, supporting more than 100+ players and all sorts of different armor vehicles.

Maybe a medieval battlefield game... Dice have made 1942, modern combat and now 2142, maybe they will take the step backwards to medieval time? 100+ players rushing against each other on the feild... it be chaos!! :D

Collecting dogtags are for pansies, collecting heads are the way men does!! ;)

Offline Smiechu

• Major
  • Hey! It's Gandalf!
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2008, 07:30:34 am »
If you want to make a game Go Source.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2008, 09:24:21 am »

[/color][/size]

Like, you would never just send a bollocksload of units towards some locaton in hopes of ruining as much of it before they all die. You would have to consider casualties, but also keep in mind that you cannot just create new units - you can't irl and you can't here. I'm thinking maybe something like reinforcements every 14 day(Oh yeah, night and day changes every once in a while. Faster than irl ofcourse :P )

What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zCxGUzSXFo
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 11:11:26 am by a-4-year-old »
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2008, 11:00:21 am »
Hmm..

Something to do with shooting and a MMORPG at the same time, like GunZ, but less glitchy.

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2008, 11:20:24 am »

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2008, 12:07:07 pm »
I'd make a non-linear futuristic FPS game set on a colossal, abandoned space craft. The game would have somewhere between 3 months and 10 years worth of gameplay. If it was 10 years long I'd give it a really crap ending to make anyone who completed it feel like crap :D
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2008, 01:50:32 pm »
I've made a game -.-

But yea, it was a snake game...lol
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2008, 01:08:44 am »
Hm I like customizable stuff.. Like. Hostile waters! Online! Whit some strategy map. 2 factions and very balanced weapons. Commander support and squad leaders. Ahh. (sounds allot like BF2142 does it?)
But i rarely only play 1 game. So id wahte this^ And some good MMORPG whit some function like.. "Create your own spells". Great
;)
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2008, 01:17:13 am »
Hm I like customizable stuff.. Like. Hostile waters! Online! Whit some strategy map. 2 factions and very balanced weapons. Commander support and squad leaders. Ahh. (sounds allot like BF2142 does it?)
But i rarely only play 1 game. So id wahte this^ And some good MMORPG whit some function like.. "Create your own spells". Great
;)

FYI on the spells

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion has this function.
But, it is not an mmorpg, just an rpg.
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline Arbiter

• Camper
  • You shot me, fool!
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2008, 01:56:36 am »
An impossible game where you could use any weapon, trying to kill two Chuck Norris zombies.

I'd like to see people beat that.

"Why beat kids when you can beat women?" - Espadon
"markin marknousky wont kno what hit him!" - Some loser.
[/i]

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2008, 07:05:28 pm »
Yeah, if possible I always play on 48 or 64 player servers. You actually get a feeling that you're in a war. It'd be sweet to play a game that's kind of like BF2(I have BF2142, but I'm getting sick of the future now), but with more realism, destructable environment, supporting more than 100+ players and all sorts of different armor vehicles.

Maybe a medieval battlefield game... Dice have made 1942, modern combat and now 2142, maybe they will take the step backwards to medieval time? 100+ players rushing against each other on the feild... it be chaos!! :D

Collecting dogtags are for pansies, collecting heads are the way men does!! ;)

Maybe a medieval battlefield game... Dice have made 1942, modern combat and now 2142, maybe they will take the step backwards to medieval time? 100+ players with a prince of persia fighting style rushing against each other on the field... it'd be chaos!!

^^ i'd play that. PoP is one of the greatest games.

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty