Author Topic: Why can't you buff weapons to balance???  (Read 4978 times)

6th_account

Re: Why can't you buff weapons to balance???
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2007, 11:43:51 am »
The crouch-less-selfbink thingeh was requested by the realmode diggers. You'd have to be pretty thick if you need it in vanilla mode.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 03:33:05 pm »
And that new "improvement" where it's less binked if you crouch. I have yet to see if it works in non-realistic play yet. but God forbid, i hope not
Why would this be a problem? You should only be crouching if you're holding a ret or a LAW, anything else is suicide. A crouching target = easy nade kill.
I really hope this is only because you misunderstood me instead of lacking logic. If MM is starting to implementing features to this game that is in the direction of slowing down gameplay. (which in this case it is), then God forbid if the next update he'll start doing more dramatic changes. Problems all start small my friend.

But, in this case, its not even a problem. If you're crouching and shooting an auto, you're going to die from someone that knows what they are doing, plain and simple. It doesn't slow down gameplay because it has no effect on it (from a non-realistic point of view).

Maybe all of these players that think the gameplay slowed down are R\S players or something, I don't see how its slowed down in any way.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 04:26:31 am »
WTF is vanilla? Last time I checked it was a very nice ice cream flavour.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline #38

• Soldier
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 03:29:28 pm »
And that new "improvement" where it's less binked if you crouch. I have yet to see if it works in non-realistic play yet. but God forbid, i hope not
Why would this be a problem? You should only be crouching if you're holding a ret or a LAW, anything else is suicide. A crouching target = easy nade kill.
I really hope this is only because you misunderstood me instead of lacking logic. If MM is starting to implementing features to this game that is in the direction of slowing down gameplay. (which in this case it is), then God forbid if the next update he'll start doing more dramatic changes. Problems all start small my friend.

But, in this case, its not even a problem. If you're crouching and shooting an auto, you're going to die from someone that knows what they are doing, plain and simple. It doesn't slow down gameplay because it has no effect on it (from a non-realistic point of view).

Maybe all of these players that think the gameplay slowed down are R\S players or something, I don't see how its slowed down in any way.
This is off topic. the original discussion is *insert my first post*
Real Men Drill Deep