Author Topic: "Lazarus Project" Zombie Mod: READY!! Look under "Full Mods" for DL  (Read 13236 times)

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
  • Ever wonder what R2-D2 is doing now?
<< ANNOUNCEMENT >>

V1.0 RELEASED, check under full mods section!!  :D

Okay, we need suggestions for "Strategic mode" download the mod, test out the current .ini!!

Strategic mode is basically a teamwork version where no one survives on their own. Weps need to be more unique and have a specific role.

In 2054 scientists delved deep into a realm that was never meant to be explored... a realm that exists within all.

The Lazarus project was originally a series of genetic experiments with human genes, just another attempt for men to play god. The original project was unsuccessful, but what followed resulted in more than anyone expected.

The scientists delved deeper into the human gene code, distorting and mutating DNA into a unrecognizable form. The final result... a rogue gene that found its own means to sustain and survive...

For years the rogue gene continued to mutate and evolve in the human hosts. IUt multiplied rapidly and spread, invisible, to more and more people, the symptomjs hadn't showed.... yet.

Then during the final stages of The Lazarus Project the gene started to take its toll, its own creators started to suffer.... vomiting, deleria, gutwrenching pain in limbs. This was just the beginning of a horrifying process. The gene had transformed itself into a virus organism, capable of multiplying and spreading via any contact with infected people.

Fearing that this was a chemical attack, the goverment quarintined the infected scientists. Then was the first time anyone saw the final effect of thje Lazarus Virus. The scientists deformed and mutated into an unhumanly state, the goverment put a quick end to their suffering.

But the Lazarus lived on, it was passed on to the people who had come into contact with the scientists before the quaratining. These victims experienced the full transformation that  the virus caused. After days of suffering the victims finally emerged, not as humans, but as a new terrifying species, the Androthid mutants.

The Androthids went unnoticed for several months, only preying on stray victims, sometimes ripping them limb from limb, other times passing on the virus and transforming them into one of their own.

By the time a vaccine was developed it was too late, the virus and mutants were ravging smaller towns and sometimes attacking larger cities. Those who fought back the mutants without the vaccine quickly fell victim to the virus, adding to the ever growing infestation.

In the end the entire countryside was infested and controlled by the mutants, entire cities were leveled by the goverments attempts to stop the virus. Soon the only resistance were vaccinated citizens and special anti-mutant squads formed by the goverment.

Now, the remaining miltary and citizens must do there best to survive the scourge. Mankinds priorities have changed from money to survival...

Mankind is now the new endangered species.

If you want to contribute a few weapons, gosteks or sounds... Feel free to upload some samples. We are planning to make a Contribution Pack (for when we have a config) made up of contributions from fellow modders.   :D

It will make playing zombie games more intense and exciting, while also providing an awesome weapon mod for people who don't play zombie games that often...

Suggestions are welcome.

<<These are all completed weapons>>

Auto Assault Pistol

Drelov-23MKII *Updated bigger stock

Drelov-22

Skarab AS

LR-55

Shriner Plasma Pistol

Avenger *Update 2

RPG

Shredder Updated

Impaler Nail Bolter Secondary Slot 1

Hellbearer Slot 10

Thor Minigun

GPMG

Plasma Cycler

ETR-2
Slot 1 Acid Rifle

Slot 4 Griever Machinegun

Slot 4 Griever Machinegun (resized)

Slot 7 Grenade Launcher

Slot 8 Antivirus Injector

Slot 8 Antivirus Injector (resized)

Slot 9 Plasmagun

Secondary 1 Dispel Handgun

Secondary 2 Tactical Knife

Secondary 3 Coma Chainsaw

Secondary 4 Rocket Launcher

Acid Thrower

Light Rifle

Virus Syringe

Antivirus Syringe

Injector MKZ: Virus Mode

Injector MKZ: Antivirus Mode

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 01:21:33 pm by Temp3st »

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
Those weapons look cool ;) im looking forward to this.

Is there a way i could help on the mod?

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
I see, that Plama Flamer is just mix with parts of some weapons...
I think, first base set can be:
Acid Rifle

Auto Assault Pistol

Drelov-23MKII

Griever Machinegun

Skarab AS

Avenger

Grenade Launcher

Antivirus Injector

Plasmagun

Thor Minigun

---
x1
Shard Cannon

x2
Tactical Knife

x3
Shredder

x4

Rocket Launcher

Those weapons look cool Wink im looking forward to this.

Is there a way i could help on the mod?
You can post sample weapons, textures, interfaces, gosteks, any sounds for weapons or in game, maps or just sceneries. Choose from as you want ;)

Btw, Temp3st tell me what you think about this soundpack:
http://files.filefront.com/TLP_Soundsrar/;7548221;;/fileinfo.html
Or... zipped:
http://files.filefront.com/TLP_Soundszip/;7548222;;/fileinfo.html
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 06:02:55 am by Henito Kisou »

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
Yip, the plasma flamer was part of your guns and Messiah Mp, i was too lazy to make new gun.

Oh, I orginally designed Skarab for slot 2 but I updated it to look more like shotgun :D

If you can please shade the stock of the minigun i couldn't fix it and i think it looks ugly,

I will try to make the Drelov look more similar to your guns.

Skarab AS

Henito, will the base set include interface and gosteks, or only weps sounds and .ini ?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 01:46:19 pm by Temp3st »

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
I found some weapons, but i have to go now, i'll upload them tommorow

Offline Slayer DZ

• Camper
I made a multi-tube launcher & tube launcher

saw it on a list in the first thread, suppose you need it
tried to follow henito's style as much as i could :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 03:14:36 pm by Slayer DZ »

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
Ow I'm glad u used one of my guns....if u need use any other...and as I see u like the SMG ...I can reshade coz it's really one of my oldest guns so the shading is lil. crappy.

Offline wolfbr

• Camper
  • HurBaN NinJa(Ninja hurbano), the power of Thunders
nice mod, i like some guns  ;D
good luck !!!

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
First public beta will be just standard weaponset with several sparks, interface parts and gore effect + hat, helmet. 1st to test will be guns+balance, second guns+balance+interface, third interface+gosteks+maps.

Date Posted: May 21, 2007, 06:09:07 am
I made a multi-tube launcher & tube launcher

saw it on a list in the first thread, suppose you need it
tried to follow henito's style as much as i could :D
Yes, they are similiar, my actual style is exactly Neverending Nightmare style and shading (I think my final pro, neverending ;) style) but with bigger guns, before Ivan make new version of config I plainnig to release one mod-pack contains base mod and additional contribute guns weaponset or other stuff from others like as:
Soldat/Mods/Lazarus BS       (base set)
Soldat/Mods/Lazarus VA       (various artist)
So you can always select in Mod Starter which version you want to play, original mod or contribute version.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 06:20:58 am by Henito Kisou »

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
Hmm i want to upload my gunz i putted them in 1 folder, but how do i upload thm? :S P

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
If ur lazy, when posting a reply click "preview" select "additional options" click "browse" and fing image must be jpg or png. Otherwise zip the guns folder and upoald same way.

If u want to be 1337. Go to www.imageshack.us click "browse" find image, click HOST IT!, it will give u a screen with many links, copy the top "forum hotlink" and paste into ur post the image will appear like mine.

Henito, will the Zombies be like normal zombies or like superhuman monster species? And did you record that sound pack urself?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 11:35:00 am by Temp3st »

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
Here they are, They are NOT made by me, the credits go to the creators i dont know if u liek them. but u can use them :) most look in the style of this mod.

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
DL is broken, anyway, we can't use them without the permission of the original author. So rather make ur own weps.

NBNBNBNBNB!!![/b]

Henito, I quickly made some .ini mostly for my weps but i did also do for Griever and plasmagun.

I tested and they work quite well

I'm not good at doing bink and move acc. soi didn't do that, i just did damgae, speed, reload

DL AND TEST. Everyone make a spare copy of ur 1.4 folder and paste the DL into it!! Would like to hear comments and suggestions

Please remeber that these .ini are heavily biased to human teams. So increase the odds quite a lot!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 02:01:44 pm by Temp3st »

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
just cann't wait till it's finished *drooldrool*
Text goes here...

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
Henito, will the Zombies be like normal zombies or like superhuman monster species? And did you record that sound pack urself?
1. I think, zombies will be normal humans, just mutated to zombies by  powerful virus as unpredictable side effect of unholy and cruel, anti-humanistic experiments with reviving (yes, dead corpse, but testing at living subject, to make similiar process with dying, but trying to get outside of agony, when still living, this make every dead possible to revive, this is kind of a cure for death, substance, gene or cells, which can back dead to living. Unfortunatelly, this project was terrible wrong, with no results, only unknown new virus (later was called "Lazarus virus") with that reviving ability come to this world. It's making every living existence into undead killing machine. That zombies can evolve into new, stronger mutants or single sub-species. Mankind has small chance to survive, there's a invert process like modified virus into antivirus...
So, not all zombies are mindless idiots, some of them can use items or weapons, still can learning, they are fast as living, and can simple communicate with special voices to each others, so this is some kind of sub-language. Will be hard.

2. Windows Sound Recorder + Microphone + Home accessories like books, shoes, table, bread+water, my own voice + like theatre/movie atmosphere  + 200% volume and echo effect.
Simple, real time sounds.

Still need some corrections, but I think, this set looking just good.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 04:03:45 pm by Henito Kisou »

Offline adarius

• Major
  • "I'm more than my name." -The Recruit
.....I didn't understand a word of that.  But it sounds friggin awesome!

Disclaimer: Above userbar is intended solely as a joke.  If you take it seriously, there is something wrong with you.

Offline Decaying Soldat

• Camper
Nice weapons. I wonder how the acid gun would look like when firing.

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
Henito i as wondering whether you could shade my weapons in a style similar to yours because in the gun menu they look very plain and boring... Or can you teach me how to shade??

Henito, i uploaded a sample pack with some updated menu gfx (skarab still ugly), and some sounds (for guns), also an updated .ini package.   :D

« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:11:59 pm by Temp3st »

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
Ok, I start modding for now, first I try map, some kind of building or factory, maybe laboratory, size of map will be similiar as ctf_Mansion-Lab in Resoldat, I try remake one of my old maps, ctf_lost_alchemy in more zombie style or make entirely new map.

Also I can make something similiar to

Additional with "cell of death" idea

or just invasion survival (lower part of this map):

I can make big map as playable as strange ;)
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l259/Henito/wcastle.png
Sounds are good, about shading... I trying to evade that situation, where I can reshade your guns, because this must be your works, If they are your guns. This isn't very hard, Slayer DZ can do this, so you can too, but I dont want to complete copies of that style, just see, which things is in your actual style and which similiar (not the same, remember about that) you can use in your weapon. There's various weapons from different mods, I think in Beast and Hentai they are similiar to your actual, this be easier to compare, how you can make weapon just similiar, but not in same style to my guns.

Btw, this is very characteristic, so immpossible to steal, because I can always use another way/technic to outline/shade every gun with keeping all guns in same style, thats why I say, it's ultimate morphoidable style. ;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 05:12:30 pm by Henito Kisou »

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
Ok, I have discovered how to shade at least properly. I jsut can't find the right colour for minigun :P

I have made my ingame weapon gfx, and heres a pack with .ini (not all weps) , my ingame gfx, and updated menu gfx, i think they look bettter have a look and let me know.

Also is it possible for you too make the "death sounds" they tend too be a annoying if many zombies die at the same time,  but they are good,

The .ini are basic but they work!!

Let me know what you think, ok?

NB: I FORGOT TOO ADD AN UPDATED CHAINSAW GFX, SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE BULKY !

New screenshot up there!!

Also i have changed some samll thibngs, like sounds and gfx, i will upload them later. Nice maps, is it possible for u to make a ruin city/bunker maps with zmbie come out of a wasteland/barbed wire battlefield.

Date Posted: May 23, 2007, 02:23:23 pm
Henito I made my 1st weapon in a new style, quite similar to yours, but not copied and 100% my own. Its some sort of rifle, :D I used paint shop pro 8 to make it. What do you think?