Author Topic: Realistic fixes + idea  (Read 974 times)

Offline fishfood

• Major
Realistic fixes + idea
« on: May 27, 2007, 12:51:33 am »
So, for RS, there should be a fix so that you can't see enemy blood or weapons thru walls or behind you...rather unrealistic, seeing blood and weapons sprouting from thin air.  Also, I think it'd be cool to make it so that in realistic, when somebody kills you from a position you can't see, it doesn't say who killed you or how.  Would be a cool touch.

Offline Quantifier

• Major
Re: Realistic fixes + idea
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 03:38:45 am »
I don't agree. After you learn to notice them, blood drips can give you actual advatage in tactics.
And not announcing kills would not be cool, only annoying as hell.

Offline fishfood

• Major
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 04:03:27 am »
I don't mean that you wouldn't have a kill message, it just wouldn't say who got you.  If you could see the guy who killed you (most of the time) it'd be totally normal.  If you couldn't see your killer, it'd say "Killed by Unknown" or so.  Something like that.

And no shit the spraying blood gives an advantage...
You can see where your enemy is.  Which defeats the point of realistic entirely.

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 04:49:49 am »
Well, I think the first suggestion about the blood and weapons appearing from thin air is a good one. It is indeed quite unrealistic. Also, it isn't really fair since it gives you a pretty good idea on where to start spraying.

The other suggestion isn't really a good one. If anything, you could maybe remove the ability to see everyone when you're dead, but that won't get alot of support either. Imagine a player hiding in a bush, you'd have to randomly shoot trough the bush to be able to notice him. This would encourage people to hide and kill instead of following the objective.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Quantifier

• Major
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 05:32:20 am »
You can see where your enemy is.  Which defeats the point of realistic entirely.
No, it doesn't. Besides, you complained about it as unrealistic, not as possibly unfair advantage. I see it as another thing that defines Soldat feel - together with pretty unrealistic jump height, unrealistic rocket boots, and, unrealistic (who would think?) ability to respawn. Just leave it as it is, because it isn't broken.