21 (25.3%)
i dunno
10 (12%)
just get ready for lots of spam in the lounge
12 (14.5%)
We dont even need a lounge!
6 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Whos glad?  (Read 6189 times)

Offline kingkitty

• Soldier
  • Yes!
Whos glad?
« on: June 08, 2006, 06:33:59 am »
Well?
I'm away.

Offline JayBee

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • Cynical and Weltschmerzian Moderator
Re: Whos glad?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 06:42:49 am »
Get ready for a lot of spam in the lounge?

Then prepare for a lot of permanent bans too  :)
This is my signature. It is made of text and win.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 07:32:30 am »
finally no bashpit!!

this should make the forums have a profesional impression and make its members grow up.
There are other worlds than these

Offline ..::HHH::..

• Soldier
  • Dream Theater.. is the F**king best!
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 11:30:22 am »
i'm as glad as i'm petrified :S

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 12:01:44 pm »
I am sooooo glad! I hated that place :X
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 12:09:04 pm »
finally no bashpit!!

this should make the forums have a profesional impression and make its members grow up.

exactly.

Offline g-force

• Major(1)
  • Your alternative to raindeer. Merry X-mas :)
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 12:11:09 pm »
Meh, it will be kinda different...

Favorite Weapons:[AK74] and [DE]

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 12:21:51 pm »
I never understood why the Bash Pit existed in the first place. It was just asking the community to act belligerent towards one another, something I don't feel we needed.

Offline Milkman Dan

• Major(1)
  • Jesus </3 you
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 08:31:02 pm »
Um, why is HHH here??  >:(

Offline .Twelve

• Major(1)
  • so dark the con of man
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 08:51:02 pm »
I never visited the Bashpit much. Hopefully the spam can be repressed by the mods.
"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

Offline crazymonkey

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 09:15:49 pm »
I think there should be a spampit forum where idiotic and spam topics can be moved for reply only and no post count.

Offline Atomic Hype

• Major
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 09:41:47 pm »
The Bash Pit was the main reason why I came to the forums.
War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength

Offline UGK

• Major
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 10:36:40 pm »
Well?

I say ban this bitch already...
<n00bface> i like big droopy fittas

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 11:03:00 pm »
Too be honest, the only way this forum will become "professional" or even somewhat intelligent is if EVERY person is treated the same way if they do something stupid/spam/whatever you may consider bad.

Especially all these #soldat.forums people who keep posting thier same retarded overused 'supposedly' funny jokes in every thread possible.

Basically, I think you should ban immediately, instead of these very crap punishments like just banning that username, or deleting postcount to 0. It makes no difference, since that person and that person's stupidity will still be on the forums. When you think about punishments, I would personally suggest banning the entire IP for a stint of time, so that person cant even view the forums. I think this is important to make these forums better.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 12:52:56 am »
Especially all these #soldat.forums people who keep posting thier same retarded overused 'supposedly' funny jokes in every thread possible.

Basically, I think you should ban immediately, instead of these very crap punishments like just banning that username, or deleting postcount to 0. It makes no difference, since that person and that person's stupidity will still be on the forums.
You're certainly not one to hold a grudge. The whole point of the reset postcount is not so much to get rid of them, but to deter them. If they're spamming, for example, it's better to target their post count, because that's often a reason for spamming. It also serves as a warning.

i'm as glad as i'm petrified :S
I thought you left.

Yes, I'm aware of the hypocrisy in the first and last sentences of my post.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 01:02:19 am »
Um, why is HHH here??  >:(

Just to piss you off?

On topic: I don't think I'll be participating on as much non-soldat discussion around here. Today is day 1 for the xml based forum software I am working on.

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 03:01:07 am »
If they're spamming, for example, it's better to target their post count, because that's often a reason for spamming.

So your going to make an assumption that the reason people spam is to increase thier postcount? Thats the primary reason these forums are not too great, these assumptions, which are many times false, and then making punishments based on those assumptions.

People dont just spam because they want thier postcount higher, and even if most people spam for that reason, banning that persons IP so they cant view or post on these forums for a certain period of time will be a much more effective punishment.

If someone spams, they know the only thing that will happen is thier post count gets reduced or one of thier usernames gets deleted, whoopdidoo, that person will still be able to post/spam and be retarded.

I really dont care too greatly how you run these forums, the only forums I visit here are the tournaments and clanwars and once in a while the map forum and weapons balance, and those will be the only ones I visit until the other forums improve. Im simply giving my suggestions for how this forum can become better. I can easily state that ofall the online forums im a part of, this one is the most stupid. Im not making up these rules out of my ass, these are the policies other more intelligent forums use. They dont delete your postcount or delete your name, they simply ban the IP. Once people are being banned for a period of time where they cant even view these forums, much less post in them, those people and others will look much more at the rules, and how they should act.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 03:02:58 am by Poop »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 09:35:47 am »
While you have a point, that simply seems a bit too strict.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 09:37:14 am »
see my last post in here for my view and the view of others on spam.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=229.0

There is absolutely no reason for us to give people a place to spam and be stupid.  The Bash Pit was a bad idea from the start, and it did nothing but give people the idea that it was alright to post stupid crap.  Eventually the "stupid crap" mindset spread outside the bashpit and started to ruin the old forums
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 09:39:36 am by FliesLikeABrick »

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 10:19:50 am »
Thank god that place is no more :)