Author Topic: fix the nades  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
fix the nades
« on: May 24, 2007, 01:18:57 am »
has anybody else noticed that the nades are severely nerfed?  the usual throw-nade-in-front-of-enemy-and-they-run-over-it-and-they-die never happens.  and remember when you where in close combat and you would throw a nade then you and other guy would die?  that is out too. instead its complete suicide with no kill.  nades have become useless to me. 

the whole 50% more damage to self is lame.  since when does a nade know who its blowing up?  i know thats to prevent nade jumpers, but isnt that what boxing levels is for? 

and i think a direct hit anywhere should be an instakill (void vest and flamegod).  i dont know about you guys, but i cant catch much shrapnel with my head and chest and still be alive. 

bear with me.  i'm venting on the fact that nades are useless and nerfed. 

what are your opinions? 
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
Re: fix the nades
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 01:34:10 am »
Nades deal most damage to legs, least to head. This is to fight against the height advantage one would get by being on top of another player, when the lower player would hit only to the legs, and the higher one would hit to the head. Now, the lower dude tosses a nade on the feet of one who is top of him, and the victim dies.

I admit that I am not very staisfied with the new nades either, they seem to be that they either kill, or then they do not even wound the enemy.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 01:53:45 am »
i think that the legs take most damage and head takes least is backwards.  in most senarios in all kinds of subjects in life height is an advantage: many, many sports, real combat on ground/in air, etc.  so why take that away?  if they wreally want to take the height advantage away like they do (which i think is lame) make the nade insta-kill.  here's my idea for good nade:

-deals same damage to you and everyone else
-make nades insta-kills *OR* head/chest insta-kill and legs 75% damage
-make it so nades that hit directly do regular damage while nades on
       ground/richots do 75% damage, anywhere they hit.

i think that would be nice.  if i had some testers and new how to do that, i would test it myself.  but i dont :/

your thoughts?

EDIT: keep it where you throw nade close range and both die.

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 02:17:26 am »
brok3n u said that when u throw a nade in front of ppl they dont die... your wrong... ive done it 48 million times today and every time they step on it they die.  (expept when im at a laggy server)
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 05:01:01 am »
I always hated how throwing an exploding weapon at someones head doesn't kill them, but I never thought about it in claws way. But the 50% more selfkill damage is just stupid.

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 05:36:07 am »
Agreed, just bring the old nades back. An instant kill anywhere would just be stupid though.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Yumago

• Major(1)
  • Highly Corrosive acid!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 06:36:30 am »
I'm all for original nades. No need to say any more and add to the pile of whining, I agree with all above... Except for insta-kill nades, because the old ones usually were insta-kill... Unless you were a bad thrower. ;)

I just hope to see it fixed in a patch...  :(
- -

Offline Replica

• Major
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 06:52:55 am »
Everything said except for the part about every nade instakilling is right on. 

I really think they should return to pre-1.4 status when the new patch is released. 

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 09:20:58 am »
Yeah, a grenade doing more to you than to the person you threw it at if ridiculous.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 09:47:27 am »
Still the most annoying and overused weapon to me...
"Fix" the on-enemy-explode-function, then you can have your 50% back, duh -.-'
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 09:50:37 am by Avis »
BANG! 5:45 o' clock. It's the police raiding your home, blackmailing you.

Offline boer

• Major
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 03:14:59 pm »
'Greed.
Nades are overused, and imo RUINS the game. It should serve as a tactical weapon, but instead it has become a primary weapon for most. I say 3 nades in a crate, 1 at start.

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 05:55:53 pm »
the insta kill anywhere is a little cheap.....but i still think an instakill on chest/head and 50%-75% damage on legs.  that way so people dont throw them as mines expecting a kill.  it will also force people to aim at upper body for kill instead of just contact. 

at the very least i want to see the 50% more damage to self gone.  that is the main breaker. 

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 07:00:27 pm »
Actually, the higher damage to the legs is there for a reason. It's because of the "mine" functionality.
Here's realism for ya: Do you survive in real life if you step on a live grenade?

Nades are already one hit kills all over in realistic. They are extremely powerful in realistic mode.

The reason they're being used as a primary to some is because of the number that can be carried. In eC's Trenchwars servers, you can only have two nades, and you start out with one, to nerf their power.

I say that they should stay the way they are. You don't want a height advantage for nades. That'd make height a huge advantage, and everyone would be up in the air all the time.

I don't support any nade changes.

EXCEPT the selfdamage one. Hate the huge selfdamage. Causes too many self kills in realistic especially.
Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 09:52:01 pm »
"Here's realism for ya: Do you survive in real life if you step on a live grenade? "
WTH? Since when did real grenades explode on contact? ;P

I reckon the nades are fine and everyone is just whiney.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Brok3n Arr0w

• Major
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 10:48:59 pm »
i'm not talking about realistic.  i'm talking about all modes.  the anti-mine idea is there so someone cant just toss nades into a commonly traveled area and get kills from mines. 

height is an advantage.  get over it.  ;)

if you were always in the air tossing nades, you wouldnt be traveling very much.  plus, you dont NEED to be above the enemy to hit upper body.  in fact, from above you would have a smaller target: just the head and a little bit of shoulders.  from level ground, you have the entire upper body to hit. 

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 11:14:58 pm »
the nades are fine ppls just let MM be... hes given us a wonderful game and i think u should leave him be over such a overly critical topic.  The nades work well enough.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 11:26:06 pm by SirJamesaford »
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 01:21:06 pm »
Just bring back 1.3.1 nades, please.  None of this extra self-damage crap.

Offline Mr.Morose

• Major(1)
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 04:00:05 pm »
I HATE the new nades. They rarely kill the enemy. They rarely even hurt the enemy ; no damage! I mean, what in the--? And, all they really do is kill YOU. If a nade goes BOOM in front of someone, in the head, near the legs, chest, at least they should go "ow!" instead of "w/e, I'm invincible, now eat my MP5 spray." Bring back teh old nades, please!

Offline Sir Snipes

• Major(1)
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 04:51:45 pm »
Stop playing Non R/S soldat if you think nades suck... Learn to play R/S and see where they come in useful.

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 12:37:11 am »
meh, nades aren't supposed to be used in place of a primary weapon. Your enemy will still avoid crashing int the nades and that's what matters, that you can divert your enemy's path.