Author Topic: Hexer online manual - Work in progress  (Read 29299 times)

Offline canadian idiot

• Major(1)
Re: Hexer online manual - Work in progress
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2007, 12:29:07 am »
i have a login on the german servers with the same name as my one on the US server,my one on the us server is MUCH higher lvl will it overwrite my one from the german server(hopefully XD)

Offline Felix_k2

• Major
  • Australia!!!
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2007, 01:23:35 am »
Ok im stumped, i read the manual 5 times including the ep gain chart and still coudlnt see anything reffering to bladerage, i know that theres only 16 skills shown because it says 16 skills and stuff and i cannot see anyproof or anything else that would hint to what im looking for.

And i removed the userbars from my sig that guy who sed my userbars werent allowed, you meant them right because if it's my actual sig ill be upset =S

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2007, 02:18:37 am »
Ok im stumped, i read the manual 5 times including the ep gain chart and still coudlnt see anything reffering to bladerage, i know that theres only 16 skills shown because it says 16 skills and stuff and i cannot see anyproof or anything else that would hint to what im looking for.

And i removed the userbars from my sig that guy who sed my userbars werent allowed, you meant them right because if it's my actual sig ill be upset =S
Use common since to get it.
I don't want it, I am happy with my skills, because I am the top scorer...erer in Hexer so far and my skills do me well.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2007, 09:54:28 am »
dude, the only way soldat is going to be the thing of the future is if you release the scriptm all the scripters with improve it so it's not buggy at all and ALOT of servers will be running there own RPG script think of how much fun it will be and you'll be more FAMOUS then you already are! you'll be like Eli Wittney the creator of the Cotton gin Avarax - the one who made RPG's a reality! You'll get lots of donations too! People on your server are already asking "do you think this is the future for soldat?" If you don't release the script sooner or later some will just forget about it like me, I was in there a couple times when I COULD GET IN and it was really fun! But the problem is the slots! no one can ever get in! the only time I got in was because there was a server problem and everyone got kicked, now that there is no more problems i will never get in! I practically sat im my chair for 2 hrs straight pressing Join Game button with no one leaving the server! If you release the script no one will have that problem anymore, and don't think you won't be popular anymore because of all the other servers maybe with better scripts, because you will always be remembered to be the 1st script RPG that made it big! I'm telling you! If you don't release it everything will go down hill, please hexer avarax why?
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2007, 10:22:08 am »
No one is gonna do a better job than avarax man.  You have the same chance of getting in as I do and i get in fine.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2007, 11:25:32 am »
please hexer avarax why?

Aight, here are my reasons:

1) I want the exquisite right to decide which spells get into the mod and which do not, because there's enough crap that you can do to the script.
2) I don't want random people to manipulate sh*t, selling it as their own. I think this is my good right.
3) Keeping the server slots a bit rare is what actually makes the script popular, the servers will never be empty and it's most likely that there is an admin around, keeping the quality of the servers up.
4) Hexer is no longer only a local script, network stuff is being developed and I wouldn't allow random people to f*ck this network and the accounts related to it up.
5) I'm already asking other people to help me when I can't find the source of a bug, most bugs can be fixed easily. All I need is qualified reports, what, where , why, under which circumstances did something happen, a single report of this quality allows me to easily find the bug and fix it.
6) I want to keep the quality of Hexer servers up by letting them be hosted only at qualified hosts were a) security of the script itself is ensured, b) ping for people of that continent is great and c) servercrashs are detected immediatly by cronjob scripts or gamemonitors and are then restarted and d) to always be able to make every server up to date in a few minutes by uploading a new hexer release.
7) There should be only one skill balance which tries to keep skills equal to the maximum. If you think something is under or overpowered, tell me, you'll find out that I'm very open for balance suggestions.
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2007, 06:39:31 pm »
But if you release it you won't be in control of it anymore! Who would buy a script from someone and everyone will know that everyone got it from you! and that is what will make you more popular! Sure there will be improvements but don't think server owners are n00bs because it takes some skill to even set up a server your script will be improved not dullified.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2007, 09:54:27 pm »
But if you release it you won't be in control of it anymore! Who would buy a script from someone and everyone will know that everyone got it from you! and that is what will make you more popular! Sure there will be improvements but don't think server owners are n00bs because it takes some skill to even set up a server your script will be improved not dullified.
...SHUT UP.
Avarex is immortal compared to you.
...Now get my a cupcake.

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2007, 09:24:51 am »
*gives a double chessburger from ghoul house instead* *Xxypher eats it* Xxypher: "MMMMM, tastes like cow* *a saw comes out of his belly and says "Hunger gets what hunger wants" and chops him up for the next double cheesburgers*

I know he's immortal but he can at least give us part of the script please! *remembers the sentence SHUT UP.* *closes his butt that was doing all the talking all along......* *weird*

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2007, 02:41:58 pm »
*gives a double chessburger from ghoul house instead* *Xxypher eats it* Xxypher: "MMMMM, tastes like cow* *a saw comes out of his belly and says "Hunger gets what hunger wants" and chops him up for the next double cheesburgers*

I know he's immortal but he can at least give us part of the script please! *remembers the sentence SHUT UP.* *closes his butt that was doing all the talking all along......* *weird*
...That was the dumbest post I have ever seen on this site, I am sorry...

And no he WONT just go and give off his script.

Offline Chameleon

• Major
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2007, 06:12:45 pm »
But if you release it you won't be in control of it anymore!

1) I want the exquisite right to decide which spells get into the mod and which do not, because there's enough crap that you can do to the script.

he said he wants control over what goes on with the script. not for some randoms messing around with it, doing whatever they want to it.

on another note, is there any chance you could get an american realistic hexer server?

Offline cunchy

• Soldier
  • D:!
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2007, 04:45:52 am »
Anyone know any Good Spell Combos? :O
Currently, I have a m79 and I have warmth, Double and Clip. :> Awesome stuff, Body Double.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2007, 04:51:20 am »
will be even cooler with 0.9.2 ;)
for your skillcombo, i recommend using Mage-Blooded, Body Double, Conjure Clip and Summon Claymore once 0.9.2 is out.
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline cunchy

• Soldier
  • D:!
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2007, 04:56:48 am »
will be even cooler with 0.9.2 ;)
for your skillcombo, i recommend using Mage-Blooded, Body Double, Conjure Clip and Summon Claymore once 0.9.2 is out.
So, for my m79 combo i should relearn warmth to Mage - Blooded and Kami to CLaymore once 0.9.2 is out. Yay!!! *cant wait for 0.9.2*

Offline canadian idiot

• Major(1)
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2007, 04:03:49 pm »
avy, since ghoul/kami arent in the manual when you level ghouls up, what gets better about them?

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2007, 04:24:13 pm »
the cooldown decreases by 15 seconds.
in 0.9.2, the armor bonus will increase a bit aswell.
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline 1221995

• Soldier
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2007, 08:31:49 am »
COOL!!! THIS LOOKS FUN!!!

Offline TradeMAAK

• Soldier
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2007, 02:33:52 pm »
THIS IS SHIT! I can't fucking play! I want to join 2 hexer servers and they both give me the wrong map message and kick me out! WTF?
destroy

Offline King_Of_Pain

• Major
  • Buy tickets to a Police concert. Now.
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2007, 10:57:52 am »
Hexer's main server (CTF #1) is still running 1.4.1, so could you update to the new Dedicated servers as soon as you can?

Offline Tosty

• Soldier
  • Ultimate TW Medic
    • Just Click it
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2007, 02:20:52 am »
When is the guide goinging to be updated

(on a side note................... 100 POST!!1!!!11!!!!!11!1 OH YA)

that is all