Author Topic: automatic clicking  (Read 648 times)

Offline General Meevious

• Major
automatic clicking
« on: May 26, 2007, 04:16:03 am »
Well, I can't find another thread reporting this (but I'm bound to be wrong :'( )

Since I got 1.4, three times I have started a match and the game will act as if I am clicking continually, so it will select any weapon i hover over, then fire it non-stop.

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
Re: automatic clicking
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 04:25:15 am »
Yup, had that too.
Simply click to solve it.

I'd also like to report another bug which is much alike. When you spawn and click on a weapon, you also fire. THis does not happen all the time however. I think it's a server bug because it's either all the players in the server who have the bug or none at all. It's pretty irritating in realistic matches with friendly fire on, if you click a weapon, you also kill a teammate with your fists.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 01:29:58 pm »
Happened with my Razer Copperfield.
I switched back to my MX518 and it never happened again.
BANG! 5:45 o' clock. It's the police raiding your home, blackmailing you.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 02:42:13 pm »
Sometimes I'll spawn and start running in a certain direction without hitting that key. Or firing, or whatever. Its annoying but easy to fix.

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 03:52:47 pm »
Well, this could have two reasons.
One of them is a wireless keyboard or mouse. I'll explain it in a very simplyfied version:
A wireless keyboard has three sorts of signals. A signal that is sent when they key is tapped shortly, a signal when a key is pressed and a signal when a key is loosened. This is done to save battery power, especially when holding a key, the wireless keyboard or mouse only has to send two signals (keydown when you start pressing the key and keyup when you loosen it).
Sometimes, the last signal - keyup - isn't recieved, so the reciever still thinks you're holding down the button. You can easily solve this by sending another signal (read: press the button) again.

The second cause is a Soldat bug - which doesn't need a wireless keyboard or mouse. This usually happens at the beginning of a round. Again, tap the specific button to solve the issue. This is extremely annoying in realistic matches, as echo_trail mentioned in another topic.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.