Author Topic: Client-side profile statistics  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Kahless

• Major
Client-side profile statistics
« on: May 27, 2007, 03:31:51 am »
I would like to see the incorporation of client-side player statistics. I realise there are a few server side options out there, but as I play on multiple servers I cannot access an aggregate profile (afaik). The ability to upload these stats to forums.soldat.pl would be ideal, with a generated player page (this could be a registered user feature). Anti-tamper measures would be a challenge.

If such a solution already exists, please let me know.

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
Re: Client-side profile statistics
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 04:45:50 am »
There were such tools, but since the 1.4 update they all stopped functioning.
That's because the log format has been updated, so the previous logparsers don't fully work with the current logformat. However, the program I made (Soldat LogVoyager) should be able to count kills and deaths with the new logformat, but it won't be able to parse suicides anymore. But the biggest problem is that I've lost the sourcecode and executable of that program, so if you happen to find it, please send it to me too ;).

Also, there aren't any new statistics programs being developed due to the bugs in the logformat, which corrupt almost every single logfile. I surely hope it's fixed in the next server.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Kahless

• Major
Re: Client-side profile statistics
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 08:17:00 pm »
Ahh ok thanks. Well if I do come across it I'll send it over. Google and ScrapeTorrent give no hits, so I don't like my chances. Perhaps you could put out a request for source on the forum?