Author Topic: News on version 1.4.1  (Read 26715 times)

Offline fishfood

• Major
Re: News on version 1.4.1
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2007, 04:00:08 am »
I'm hoping for bullet resize too...but I know it won't happen.

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2007, 04:41:18 am »
I think the bug fixes are the most important.
The entire Soldat Community suffered greatly from all the bugs and updates this time - more than with other previous versions. I usually get alot of diffrent bugs when playing, and that pretty much affects clanwars too. I'm thinking about the secondary bug, where you have to rely on a secondary, just to find out you're not carying a knife but a SOCOM or just nothing at all. And then there are the weird bugs which I've only seen once, like two blue flags and such.

Ofcourse, the new auto-update feature is a nice addition too, I just hope the servers for it can handle the pressure when a new update is released. Also, there should always be a manual update available to those without internet or just incase the update script decides to fail.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline truup

• Soldier
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2007, 11:04:53 am »
... and that pretty much affects clanwars too. I'm thinking about the secondary bug, where you have to rely on a secondary, just to find out you're not carying a knife but a SOCOM or just nothing at all...
Now you forgot something. Enemies are usually killed with primary, and secondary is used ONLY if enemy is shooting at you and you are reloading and you don't have nades, so you don't need knife at first respawn on clanwars ;) Otherwise enemy has a great advantage on you.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2007, 11:07:01 am »
Except that I have missed MANY kills because I have had SOCOM instead of KNIFE, even I have seleced knife from the Weapons Menu. Reselecting it fixes the issue.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline truup

• Soldier
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2007, 11:08:21 am »
Except that I have missed MANY kills because I have had SOCOM instead of KNIFE, even I have seleced knife from the Weapons Menu. Reselecting it fixes the issue.
What I mean is that you don't usually need secondary at first spawn, and you usually remember to select it next time.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2007, 11:09:58 am »
What I mean is that you don't usually need secondary at first spawn, and you usually remember to select it next time.
But what DePhille said was about the bug when you are equipped with socom instead of knife. Thus, when you change weapons, ypu throw socom instead of knife, and it actually equals with no secondary at all. >_>
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2007, 11:14:04 am »
Well, I'm not talking about spawning but more about facing two enemies. It's pretty hard to kill two skilled enemies without the use of a secondary weapon. Atleast I think so, I'm not a very good player. I can imagine that some players are skilled enough to kill two skilled enemies with only their secondary. Also, those are two seperate cases, there are moments where I don't have any secondary at all, even though I selected one. And then there's a chance it's a SOCOM though I selected another secondary weapon.

I also just had a bug where I couldn't choose a primary anymore. Even TAB didn't show me the weaponsmenu anymore. it was solved by rejoining, and it's the first time I experienced this bug. And then there's the logging bug, which keeps me away from writing a new statistics program.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Clash

• Major(1)
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2007, 11:31:03 am »
Wow, did I really read about changes in the net code? Will I finally be able to play Soldat?

Anyways, basically what I have is my ISP blocking all packets that have 1 or 2 bytes. As Soldat uses I believe both, when I join a server, after like 50s of not responding it, I get automatically disconected. Did this change? If not is there still time to change it? There is a reasonable of people having this on www.soldat.com.br. It's odd as I don't have any troubles playing any other online games...

Topic for reference: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=1401.0

Thanks, I hope this can be solved!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 11:49:29 am by Clash »

Offline GluLm

• Camper
  • Polybugs' nightmare
    • maps pack project
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2007, 12:01:47 pm »
Yeah, I think most people have gotten used to the new ones.  I know I like the new ones, they make most things much more visible on a lot of maps.

Just because you need glasses doesn't mean everybody wants the bullets to looks like gigantic lazer beams... :(
If you can't see the bullets, "JUST USE THE FRIGGIN' MOD FUNCTION!" would be the common answer back in 1.3.1...
That's just stupid. Chakra himself admitted he came up with the idea of making spas bullets bigger and brighter, which clearly shows how some beta-testers influence MM on making important decisions like this. (I don't know exactly about the other bullets though)

Perhaps I should apply for being a beta tester too... I have a lot of improvements ideas for Soldat I wrote during the past 3 years... >:|
And yeah, I do need glasses too.
Bring back Soldat 1.3.1! New bullet trails DIE!

Offline Clash

• Major(1)
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2007, 12:23:12 pm »
Yeah, I think most people have gotten used to the new ones.  I know I like the new ones, they make most things much more visible on a lot of maps.

Just because you need glasses doesn't mean everybody wants the bullets to looks like gigantic lazer beams... :(
If you can't see the bullets, "JUST USE THE FRIGGIN' MOD FUNCTION!" would be the common answer back in 1.3.1...
That's just stupid. Chakra himself admitted he came up with the idea of making spas bullets bigger and brighter, which clearly shows how some beta-testers influence MM on making important decisions like this. (I don't know exactly about the other bullets though)

Perhaps I should apply for being a beta tester too... I have a lot of improvements ideas for Soldat I wrote during the past 3 years... >:|
And yeah, I do need glasses too.
Jesus, you guys are too resistant to changes, I bet if you guys had never played it would prefer so much this thicker version, spas bullets were barely visible, it was a nice addition IMO...

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2007, 01:18:08 pm »
Is the crouch-while-reloading-bug fixed then?
BANG! 5:45 o' clock. It's the police raiding your home, blackmailing you.

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2007, 01:36:13 pm »
Auto-Update? That very cool, considering MM doesn't have the time to be big patches, he can send little bits, instead  :D!
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline Aquarius

• Soldier
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2007, 02:15:28 pm »
Soldat is worth way more than 14 bucks anyway. People complaining about the price need to realize this.
I'd rather buy Counter Strike Source or 2 copies of Counter Strike 1.6 since they don't have bad hit registeration and they are almost bug free :|
Nobody forces you to play Soldat. If I would think it's not worth 14 bucks, I wouldn't play it.

Offline Zero

• Soldier
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2007, 02:21:21 pm »
If theres gonna be an auto update does that mean MM will spend more time on soldat than CG?
                                       or

Is he gonna appoint someone to work on bugs?
True warriors know the destructiveness of power-and how and when to use it.

Offline Clash

• Major(1)
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2007, 02:52:57 pm »
If theres gonna be an auto update does that mean MM will spend more time on soldat than CG?
                                       or

Is he gonna appoint someone to work on bugs?

What is the relation with auto-update, CG and someone else working on bugs?
If there's the auto-update function it means an easier/faster way to people download bug-fixes, I don't see how this would take more or less time from MM, all time he is saving is the itself of writing the release page/notes of versions just with bug-fixes. He can instead simply send to the server 'force update of this' (I believe)

Soldat is worth way more than 14 bucks anyway. People complaining about the price need to realize this.
I'd rather buy Counter Strike Source or 2 copies of Counter Strike 1.6 since they don't have bad hit registeration and they are almost bug free :|
Nobody forces you to play Soldat. If I would think it's not worth 14 bucks, I wouldn't play it.
I think the more adequate anwser here would be that nobody forces you to pay to play Soldat. If he doesn't think it's worth he can simply not pay and still play.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 03:11:40 pm by Clash »

Offline Memxio

• Major
  • Rugertard
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2007, 03:12:55 pm »
... there are moments where I don't have any secondary at all, even though I selected one. And then there's a chance it's a SOCOM though I selected another secondary weapon. I also just had a bug where I couldn't choose a primary anymore. Even TAB didn't show me the weaponsmenu anymore. it was solved by rejoining, and it's the first time I experienced this bug.
I have experienced all of these bugs as well. Looking forward to 1.4.1 and hoping that the above mentioned bugs are fixed.  :)

Offline .Long-Range

• Camper
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2007, 03:18:08 pm »
Soldat is definitely worth more than 14 bucks. I've purchased retail games which go for 20 dollars which generally suck in comparison to Soldat. I can't wait for 1.4.1. Hopefully, this will fix all bugs and glitches and make everyone happy and content :]
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2007, 03:22:59 pm »
ya, I had the "no 2ndary" bug in tw, really bad...
Text goes here...

Offline rfreak

• Soldier
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2007, 03:53:51 pm »
MM is not gonna release it late.

He is always on time wen he announce something if he gives a date
R the coolest game ever

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2007, 03:15:03 am »
MM is not gonna release it late.

He is always on time wen he announce something if he gives a date

He didn't give a date once again did he...

just 'a few days' and 'probably this week'.
And since a human life contains like 27000 days, 100 days are a few days as well.....

#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven