Author Topic: Virus mode/Zombie mode  (Read 10482 times)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
Re: Virus mode/Zombie mode
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 12:00:48 pm »
As I see it, unless you're in a server with a lot of peops, this'd grow boring pretty soon. i think there's some potentioal to the idea, but it needs some moderations.

First off, well, the player amount issue. This would probably only be fun when there like 10-12 people on the server.

Secondly, I think the nonzombiefied persons should have some advantage over the zombiefied ones, thus making them able to make a last stand even if they're greatly outnumbered. If the zombies had way more life or something, it'd be over before it even began. Unless, ofcourse, zombies are only allowed to have chainsaw, which I personally think would be a little dull.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 12:19:16 pm »
Guys, there already is such a script released.

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=10850.0

Also, there are 2 other gamemodes bundled with this. Tournament, and I forgot the other thing.

It's also open source.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Mr.Morose

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 03:52:30 pm »
I support this totally; needs fine tuning, but great idea!

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 08:37:37 pm »
That would be awesome, I would love to play this, but I have never played a game with a Zombie like deal to it.
And would anyone be willing to script this if it wouldn't be accepted?
Edit: Oh it reached page 2? sorry
Edit2: I would still love to see this go into the game

I gave it some thought for like... 5 minutes and I think Echo has a god idea, normal players should have HP, like Zombies start with only half their health and their damage is only half of the non-zombie characters.

And I don't want this to be team, I want it to be a DM like match with Everyone for them selfs, Like characters can kill other characters to get their health up or something of that matter.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 08:49:28 pm by Xxypher »

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 04:17:04 am »
How about you make it so the virus decays in strength?

Every time someone turns into a Zombie, all of the Zombie's overall health should decrease, which would allow you to have the first Zombie with an awesome amount of health at the start of the match, and a quarter of their health when there is only one person left.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Daimarus

• Soldier
  • Believe me, I can kill you with my Spas...
    • SC forums
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 04:19:57 am »
These kinda zombies should have unlimited life or a lot of it (very low damage of weapons)
My SPAS-12 doesn't like most of people. He can mistakenly shoot your brain out of your head and splash it on the nearest wall.

Offline Kahless

• Major
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 06:24:05 am »
Yeah I like the sound of this match mode. So the Zombie player will keep respawning until every player is 'converted', and the last player to be converted is the winner. The Zombie could either have normal health (or 70%) and full weapons, or 3x health and only chainsaw.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2007, 12:57:37 am »
Chainsaw only sounds nice.
I would say this

Zombie's health is a good 130%
But his only weapon is the chainsaw and it only does half the damage

Date Posted: June 07, 2007, 12:21:16 PM
And how about a way to become human again? Or would that take the fun out of it?

Date Posted: June 09, 2007, 04:41:38 PM
And what if there where Zombie only power-ups? Or is that going too far?

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2007, 03:27:27 am »
Support. I love gamemodes like this, not to mention zombie mode in general for Soldat.

It should be called "Infection".

Y/N on the name?
Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline Fluffy

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2007, 06:13:04 am »
I think there should be no weapons allowed because then the first zombie would just get killed instantly, and zombies only have to touch people to affect them. Infection sounds great.

Long live Nazi-Communism!

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2007, 03:07:13 pm »
But then its nothing but running away...
I like to shoot, and Soldat is about SHOOTING...
So Everyone should be able to have any weapons they want, but when a Zombie is selected, he only gets the chainsaw and every other zombie gets the chainsaw. But they can pick up weapons that where dropped.
That sounds fun.

Date Posted: June 12, 2007, 04:05:10 PM
And instead of just dying right away, how about when they chainsaw you, you slowly die...

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2007, 03:17:32 pm »
I think this would be better if the zombies were only allowed chainsaws and had a slighlty extended amount of health. Still sounds alright as you put it though.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2007, 04:06:38 pm »
Yeah, thats what I am talking about, but why not let them pick up dropped weapons?

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2007, 05:08:17 pm »
I'm not completly sure, but i think you can't make them unable to pick up dropped weapons with scripting, so i say let them pick up weapons :P
urraka

Offline Fluffy

• Camper
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2007, 05:18:14 pm »
But then its nothing but running away...
I like to shoot, and Soldat is about SHOOTING...
So Everyone should be able to have any weapons they want, but when a Zombie is selected, he only gets the chainsaw and every other zombie gets the chainsaw. But they can pick up weapons that where dropped.
That sounds fun.

Date Posted: June 12, 2007, 04:05:10 PM
And instead of just dying right away, how about when they chainsaw you, you slowly die...

So then the first zombie gets raped time after time by humans who can use guns. Infecting a second player would take a shitload of time, unless some of the humans are real beginners.

Long live Nazi-Communism!

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2007, 01:28:48 pm »
Well its like Ghouls on Hexer, they only get chainsaws, but they can get good kills.

Date Posted: June 12, 2007, 07:02:25 PM
Okay drop the whole picking up weapons.
Here is what I think it should all be.

When the match begins, its like a team match but only Humans and one Zombie, and that Zombie has a marker over his head, he has to chainsaw other players to kill them and have them respawn as zombies. Zombies only have half the health a human would to make the game last longer.
Zombies only also gets the chainsaw as a weapon and can not pick up dropped weapons.
When the final human is alive he wins and the next round starts as the zombie.
Good? Need any changes?

Date Posted: June 14, 2007, 10:58:52 PM
The zombies could have a 5 second longer respawning time then the humans to even it up a bit.

Offline Coolio

• Camper
  • Well cya all.
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2007, 02:00:49 pm »
Okay, this is an idea I came up with a bit ago.
The goal for this mode is that there is one player randomly selected to be the virus/zombie, this person is the main target basically, if he kills you you become one of him and try to kill others, the final person left living/normal wins.

Sounds good?

Dude i was tottaly going to make a thread about this. Except it was going to be called tag. And i was thinking about it yeaterday, lol. F12
BANNED

Offline Cappy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2007, 05:10:16 pm »
Me likes this, f12.

[DE] ~ ~ ~

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2007, 07:04:17 pm »
Well its like Ghouls on Hexer, they only get chainsaws, but they can get good kills.

Date Posted: June 12, 2007, 07:02:25 PM
Okay drop the whole picking up weapons.
Here is what I think it should all be.

When the match begins, its like a team match but only Humans and one Zombie, and that Zombie has a marker over his head, he has to chainsaw other players to kill them and have them respawn as zombies. Zombies only have half the health a human would to make the game last longer.
Zombies only also gets the chainsaw as a weapon and can not pick up dropped weapons.
When the final human is alive he wins and the next round starts as the zombie.
Good? Need any changes?

Date Posted: June 14, 2007, 10:58:52 PM
The zombies could have a 5 second longer respawning time then the humans to even it up a bit.

Nah, you gotta have STRONGER zombies to start out with. Having people who have low health AND only chainsaws would be a massacre. Maybe have it like SpiltCoffee said, with zombie's health decreasing the more they have, but with much more at the start when there's only one.

They'd need full power chainsaw, too. Maybe even a LONGER range chainsaw, because seriously, have you ever tried sawing someone who was running and blasting the crap out you simultaneously? It doesn't work :P
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2007, 08:03:02 pm »
They'd need full power chainsaw, too. Maybe even a LONGER range chainsaw, because seriously, have you ever tried sawing someone who was running and blasting the crap out you simultaneously? It doesn't work :P
Not unless they're running through a bunch of crates, but I see your point.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!