Author Topic: The spawn/kill bug..  (Read 582 times)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
The spawn/kill bug..
« on: May 27, 2007, 03:09:24 pm »
Hey mateys!

Beeing a realistic player, I've noticed that on many occasions whenever a new game's beginning and everyone spawns on top of eachother, a lot of teamkills(by  [fist]) happen. It's not something you can control, your character will just randomely punch for maybe 2 seconds, but that's enough to kill any character within reach, since you have very little health in realistic mode.

This is quite annoying in servers with high respawntime, but also since some servers have a tk/kick script on them, meaning you can only do so many teamkills and you'll be kicked.

I ask you moderator fellahs that something is done about it, 'cause it's really quite annoying.

Thanks in advance,
echo_trail  :)
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
Re: The spawn/kill bug..
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 03:47:08 pm »
Well, the situation is a combination of two bugs.
First of all there's the bug where your soldier keeps on performing the left, middle or right mouse-click action. Because you mostly use the left mouse button (for firing), your Soldier will mostly keep firing though you're not clicking. Another type of this bug is that you immediately fly up with jets though you're not clicking. So in realistic mode, it is possible that your soldier is still firing, which will kill the teammates that spawned on top of you. You can stop your Soldier by pressing the button again. So if he's firing, click your left mouse button, and if he's flying click your right mouse button.

The second bug is the bug where your Soldier fires when you click - even though the weapons menu is opened. In normal mode, this bug is hardly affecting the game, though you can sometimes hear a barret firing at the rate of knocking fists. In realistic mode however, you sometimes knock or fire when you select your weapon, which will kill a teammate.

I sure support this bug report, and I hope it will be fixed in 1.4.1. I'm only afraid that there are so many bugs to fix that still alot of them will not be fixed because they've been forgotten.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
Re: The spawn/kill bug..
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 02:43:14 am »
Yeah, the second one! that's the one!
The first one, however, only happens when you join a new server. The second one can happen any time you switch maps.

Thanks for specifying, mate.
I fucking miss all you cunts!