Author Topic: (WM) Arcade Madness  (Read 21778 times)

Offline spkka

• Camper
Re: (WM) Arcade Madness
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 03:11:39 am »
Nope, not until Enesce releases the next version of the dedicated server since he broke setweaponactive in this one.

no other host will be able to run it aswell.... only ec servers but then saike should pay enesce for a server and i bet he doesnt wont to do that :P

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
  • Can't be arsed to remove christmas avatar
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 06:37:29 am »
No and it won't be until Enesce releases the new server version. Until you see dedicated server 2.6.2 released, it won't be online. He broke setweaponactive and hasn't released a patch that fixes it and I refuse to rent a server from him.

So sorry but it'll probably be quite a while.
#soldat.ttw #ttw.gather --- Quakenet!
http://ttwforums.com

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 12:32:27 am »
Is it up yet?
Seeing by the first post, I think it may be =D

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 12:12:42 pm »
(WM) Arcade Madness Game Rules
Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting.

Overall rules:
- Health recharges continuously but slowly, so you can flee and recharge
- When shooting an enemy your health increases by a percentage of the damage done. Percentage depends on the used weapon.
- Multiple game modes, each with their own weaponset.
- Stationary guns! Killing three enemies without dieing grants you a statgun. You get a green lined message in the chat window when you've earned one. Type b to build it.
NOTE: You lose it again if you die before building it. Furthermore make sure that the ground you are standing on while building it is flat or it will bounce off the ground.
- Monkey friend: Occasionally (interval is random) the player with the lowest score gets a bot to help him. If you get a bot because you joined late or whatever, don't shoot it. It's there to help you. Any kill that it makes will be added to your score! When it dies it is gone again (kicked from the server). The bots name will contain your nickname. This is how you know it's your bot. Furthermore, it does not fire at you unless you open fire upon it. Monkeys get altered weapons during special gamemodes.
- Stroke of luck, every few minutes a random player gets a random item or a monkey to help him.

Game Modes
There are various modes which start every few minutes and last
between 30 and 70 seconds (partly random). After a game mode is over you get the gun you had before the game mode back. Countdown timers displaying which mode is running or coming up are visible on screen. The person who wins the game mode gets an extra kill as a bonus. Winning means getting the highest kills - deaths.
The game modes are:

M79 Madness
During this mode everybody gets an upgraded M79 with two rounds.

Knife fight
During this mode everybody is forced to use knives only.       
You can throw a knife by pressing F. You will immediately obtain
a new one when you do. Be careful not to throw away your gun after knife fight ends... (I've done that several times >_>)                 

Ubergun madness
Everybody gets a rapidly firing launcher that causes mass destruction.

Terminator mode
During this mode everybody is forced to use upgraded desert eagles.
These weapons are upgraded to have a higher firing rate and to hold
more rounds than regular desert eagles.                 

Stealth mode
During this mode everybody becomes invisible and is forced to
use upgraded desert eagles. Stealth is key!                               

Nade hell m/
During this mode grenades are replenished infinitely.
And no other weapons are allowed.

Hunter mode (only with 2 players or more)
In hunter mode one player is the hunter. This player has a better
weapon than the non-hunters and therefore 4 additional points are
awarded to the player that kills the hunter. Hunter mode ends when
the hunter dies or leaves the game.   
The hunter loses two points if he or she commits suicide and one
when killed by another player.                                   
There are three different hunter modes with different (new) weapons. You get a clear message large on screen whether you are hunter or hunted, including a timer.

Bloody Madness
All guns get increased firing rate.

Sniper Showdown
Everybody is forced to use a sniper with multiple bullets. You get a magazine with room for 10, but only 4 round of ammo. Reloading takes long but if you have the time, it's worth it ;D.

Instagib
Everybody gets a rocket launcher based on the law that fires fast and very accurate.

Statgun madness
Statguns are upgraded to uberguns (massive launchers). Players get a gun that can fire 6 rockets in rapid succession. However, it takes long before the gun fires, decreasing it's effectiveness in the hands of an unexperienced player.

Boogie mode
Three boogiemen are spawned. Everybody gets a shotgun (rapid clicking causes it to fire really fast in this mode). Statguns are upgraded to massive launchers again in this mode.

Nade launcher
Everybody gets a launcher that fires grenades. Time your use of the jetpack well! ;D

Oh no, more rockets!
The name says it all. Everybody gets a gun that fires three rockets. The rockets make a fairly large curve (looks like MIRV :p).

BURRRRRRN
Everybody gets a flamer.

(this help is brought up in game (in pieces) by typing !help)

Online @ 84.29.105.97[/i]

Maplist
Bigfalls, Bunker, Cambodia, Daybreak, Jungle

Furthermore, if there is nobody on the server, type /boogieman to spawn a boogieman to spar against you (while you wait for other players). Feel free to suggest maps/features you'd like to see and report bugs in this thread.

(the bot helper idea came from mastadi btw :), thanks for that)

Date Posted: August 14, 2007, 10:43:22 PM
The server is located in the Netherlands (Europe lol) btw!

Offline extreemer

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 08:14:51 am »
cool survar mate i will go there if its uploaded

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 09:14:33 am »
Uhm, it says online @ 84.29.105.97 =)

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 09:46:51 am »
yea! seems to work all well saike tho i got some things:

sniper is a bit weird dunno what causes it because of a normal weapon.ini but anyways..
ak and steyr rock but make the mp5 and ruger weak...
minigun might hav a little more damage! Spraying is effective tho with lots of players

Anyways luv the mod! Big up and thnx for letting me hosting it!
Finnally some ppl on the server and a stable soldat!!
Greetz spkka

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 11:33:48 am »
ill play it later, it looks awesome :)

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 01:50:47 pm »
Like I said, I have ideas.

Bug fixes:
To fix sniper bug, you need to heighten speed, and maybe strength of the weapon.

Ideas!

Melee mode:
Only knifes and nades can be used, but they are both unlimited.

Zombie attack!
6 Zombies spawn with either Chainsaws or Soccoms, while you are forced to use the rugger.

Cluster wars:
Cluster packs are constantly spawned at you.

IM GONNA DIE!
During this mode, when you die, you explode. Why? Because its funny.

Its raining nades!
During this, grenades fall from the sky!

Ultra Spas:
During this, the spas shoots rapidly fast and reloads after every shot.

HINTS!

To have a rapid firing M79 during instagib, hold down fire and F.

During knife fight, hold down F and go intro prone, then get up quickly, when you get up, the knife will go much further.

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 09:32:09 pm »
Okay, Melee mode, Cluster wars, Ultra Spas sound good. For the other two I need to run some tests first to see if CreateBullet works stable enough. Zombie attack might be a good idea to do when there are less than 2 or 3 players in the game. Any more would trigger too much lag on spawning so many zombies. The sniper will be fixed in a while. Note that the sniper did not actually change, the reason it seems underpowered is because of the sheer amount of bulletproof armors in the game.

I'll keep you guys posted on updates.

Date Posted: August 16, 2007, 04:57:05 PM
Okay, coded three modes today:

Teleportation mode:
during this mode you can store your position by typing the command /save and teleport to it by /load. Good for ambushing/dodging stuff.

Exploding corpses
This was an awesome idea you had. It's actually much fun seeing all the corpses flying around when I'm sparring against bots.

Flamer Pistol
Everybody gets an USSOCOM with incindiary bullets which set the enemy on fire upon impact. Corpses explode when health is low and another shot is delivered.

I cannot upload the new script to spkka's server at the moment, so you'll have to wait for a bit for these new modes. Unless you happen to catch me online when I'm playing, then I might fire up a server right here. Doing melee mode and cluster wars tomorrow. Furthermore, I got rid of burrrrrrrrrn, because flamers caused too much lag.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:34:53 pm by sai`ke »

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 10:59:19 pm »
Awesome, purely awesome.

Chainsaw malfunction:
This makes all chainsaws a suicide bomb!

Supergib:
The Deagles shoot our law bullets, 3 at a time, with instant reload.

Poisened gun:
AK-47's poison when shot.

Super automatic:
Steyr shoots constant weak bullets that are almost precise where you shoot them... at.

Offline Tosty

• Soldier
  • Ultimate TW Medic
    • Just Click it
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 11:48:24 pm »
1. PLZ change your avatar sai'ke (it makes my eyes bleed)

2. i got a sugestion

Mode vote:

how about an option so u can vote on mode

Type !vote(here you put the name of the mode)

Then others type !yes or !no

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2007, 01:05:55 am »
There is already a system for mods to use that lets them choose which one and how long it lasts.
!inigamemode 12 150
Which is Instagib for 150 seconds.
It rocks out loud.

Offline Tosty

• Soldier
  • Ultimate TW Medic
    • Just Click it
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2007, 01:41:58 am »
Bs

I typed it in and nothing frieken happened

Offline Arbiter

• Camper
  • You shot me, fool!
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2007, 02:04:17 am »
toss a bot in spec to keep the server "alive".

"Why beat kids when you can beat women?" - Espadon
"markin marknousky wont kno what hit him!" - Some loser.
[/i]

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2007, 09:59:27 am »
1. PLZ change your avatar sai'ke (it makes my eyes bleed)
Done. :)

Mode vote
Well, part of the idea of the script is to have random modes so nobody has a real advantage. I will take this suggestion into consideration though and try it out on the server when spkka comes back from the festival (in 3 or 4 days). I can't upload anything to the server since the computer is at his house. Also, where to draw the line? 80% yes?

Bs

I typed it in and nothing frieken happened
No actually, it works, as Xxypher said, you have to be a mod to trigger the command. The command is called !initgamemode btw ;)

toss a bot in spec to keep the server "alive".
When you join and there is nobody online you can spawn a boogieman bot by typing !boogieman. Currently, bots are being spawned and killed for special game modes. For now I shall add two John bots via ARSSE.

As for the newly suggested modes:
Chainsaw malfunction:
This makes all chainsaws a suicide bomb!
I can't detect when the chainsaw is being fired unless it hits someone so this isn't really possible I'm afraid.

Supergib:
The Deagles shoot our law bullets, 3 at a time, with instant reload.
Too similar to "Oh no more rockets".

Poisened gun:
AK-47's poison when shot.
Good idea, will be implemented.

Super automatic:
Steyr shoots constant weak bullets that are almost precise where you shoot them... at.
This is exactly what the steyr does during mode Bloody Madness ;)

Oh also, when playing on the arcade madness server, try to keep your nickname shorter than 18 characters. It's not required but preferred to make sure the monkeys get nice readable names.

Date Posted: August 17, 2007, 09:32:44 AM
New modes coded:

Melee mode
Cluster grenades and knives! Note that you have to toss your regular grenades before you obtain clusters (no way around this).

Zombie mode
4 Boogie men are spawned and everybody gets a Ruuuuuuuger!

Also fixed a bug that caused a boogieman from a gamemode to stay after the game mode had ended.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 10:14:45 am by sai`ke »

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2007, 10:37:30 am »
Okay, for the exploding chainsaws, just make them explode when in contact with someone.
Maybe make it so you don't want to touch anyone because if you do, you both will explode! XD

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2007, 11:02:46 am »
Xxypher; too little gameplay that way ;)

(WM) Arcade Madness v2.0 Game Rules

Overall rules:
- Health recharges continuously but slowly, so you can flee and recharge
- When shooting an enemy your health increases by a percentage of the damage done. Percentage depends on the used weapon.
- Multiple game modes, each with their own weaponset.
- Stationary guns! Killing three enemies without dieing grants you a statgun. You get a green lined message in the chat window when you've earned one. Type b to build it.
NOTE: You lose it again if you die before building it. Furthermore make sure that the ground you are standing on while building it is flat or it will bounce off the ground.
- Monkey friend: Occasionally (interval is random) the player with the lowest score gets a bot to help him. If you get a bot because you joined late or whatever, don't shoot it. It's there to help you. Any kill that it makes will be added to your score! When it dies it is gone again (kicked from the server). The bots name will contain your nickname. This is how you know it's your bot. Furthermore, it does not fire at you unless you open fire upon it. Monkeys get altered weapons during special gamemodes.
- Stroke of luck, every few minutes a random player gets a random item or a monkey to help him.

Game Modes
There are various modes which start every few minutes and last
between 30 and 70 seconds (partly random). After a game mode is over you get the gun you had before the game mode back. Countdown timers displaying which mode is running or coming up are visible on screen. The person who wins the game mode gets an extra kill as a bonus. Winning means getting the highest kills - deaths. One minute before the end of the round the person who has won the most game modes gets a 5 point jackpot.
The game modes are:

M79 Madness
During this mode everybody gets an upgraded M79 with two rounds.

Knife fight
During this mode everybody is forced to use knives only.       
You can throw a knife by pressing F. You will immediately obtain a new one when you do. Be careful not to throw away your gun after knife fight ends... (I've done that several times >_>)                 

Ubergun madness
Everybody gets a rapidly firing launcher that causes mass destruction.

Terminator mode
During this mode everybody is forced to use upgraded desert eagles. These weapons are upgraded to have a higher firing rate and to hold more rounds than regular desert eagles.                 

Stealth mode
During this mode everybody becomes invisible and is forced to use upgraded desert eagles. Stealth is key!                               

Nade hell m/
During this mode grenades are replenished infinitely. No other weapons are allowed.

Hunter mode (only with 2 players or more)
In hunter mode one player is the hunter. This player has a better weapon than the non-hunters and therefore 4 additional points are awarded to the player that kills the hunter. Hunter mode ends when the hunter dies or leaves the game. The hunter loses two points if he or she commits suicide and one when killed by another player.
There are three different hunter modes with different (new) weapons. You get a clear message large on screen whether you are hunter or hunted, including a timer.

Bloody Madness
All guns get increased firing rate.

Sniper Showdown
Everybody is forced to use a sniper with multiple bullets. You get a magazine with room for 10, but only 4 round of ammo. Reloading takes long but if you have the time, it's worth it ;D.

Instagib
Everybody gets a rocket launcher based on the law that fires fast and very accurate.

Statgun madness
Statguns are upgraded to uberguns (massive launchers). Players get a gun that can fire 6 rockets in rapid succession. However, it takes long before the gun fires, decreasing it's effectiveness in the hands of an unexperienced player.

Boogie mode
Three boogiemen are spawned. Everybody gets a shotgun (rapid clicking causes it to fire really fast in this mode). Statguns are upgraded to massive launchers again in this mode.

Nade launcher
Everybody gets a launcher that fires grenades. Time your use of the jetpack well! ;D

Oh no, more rockets!
The name says it all. Everybody gets a gun that fires three rockets. The rockets make a fairly large curve (looks like MIRV :p).

Teleportation mode
During this mode you can type /save to store a location and /load to go to it. Hint: Use it for ambushing!

Exploding Corpses!
During this mode all dead bodies EXPLODE.

Flaming pistol!
Everybody is armed with ussocoms that have special ammunition
 that ignites the player on impact. Players spontaneously combust and explode when health is low.

Melee
During this mode everybody gets knives and whenever cluster or regular grenades run out they are replenished with cluster grenades.

Zombie mode
Four chainsaw zombies are spawned and everybody gets a ruger.

Change places!
During this mode every few seconds (random between 3 and 13 seconds) a random alive human player is selected and switched with the player that is nearest.

SIR BOOMZALOT
A bot is spawned that fires missiles (with varying velocity) in all directions every few seconds (random between 2 and 7 seconds) and shoots a steyr. Furthermore, he has 1000% health and is for obvious reasons not harmed by his own missiles. Kicked when shot. Five points are awarded to the person that kills the bot.

SIR FLAMEZALOT
A bot is spawned that spawns a ring of fire around him every few seconds and shoots 4 missiles at different intervals. Uses a ruger and is equiped with cluster bombs! Again, five points are awarded to the person that kills the bot.

(this help is brought up in game (in pieces) by typing !help)

This version will be uploaded in a few days, if you see a v2.0 BETA server online, that's me, but beware because it can go offline at any time without notice[/i]

Maplist
Bigfalls, Bunker, Cambodia, Daybreak, Jungle
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 08:51:28 pm by sai`ke »

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2007, 11:26:20 am »
Is it up? When will Sppka be back?

Date Posted: August 17, 2007, 12:25:19 PM
Oh and here is another.

teleporting boogies:
Boogiemen randomly save and load their places to keep randomly teleporting and sawing you down.

Offline sai`ke

• Camper
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2007, 12:10:34 pm »
Spkka will be back in four days. And the boogie idea sounds pretty cool but it cannot be implemented. Moveplayer only works on players.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 12:51:37 pm by sai`ke »