Author Topic: Remove us3less shit for the 1.8 or wtver  (Read 8419 times)

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
Remove us3less shit for the 1.8 or wtver
« on: August 17, 2020, 07:26:27 pm »
Remove for the sake of cleaness for the pro players:
Rambo bow
Cluatrr nade
Bf vest
Point flag
Inv mode
Stationary weapon
Lag visual meter (watch the f1)
Perhaps alot more crap

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
Re: Remove us3less shit for the 1.8 or wtver
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 07:42:38 pm »
Ya /piss and whatnot bunch of crap that put useless load on the code

Offline McWise

• Major
  • The HiHo is unleashed
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 07:37:21 am »
You are not a really pro if you don't /piss on the body of your fallen enemies before capping the flag

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 06:21:47 pm »
Ima not pro nor noob. Dont played in the last 10 years. But if i decided to play someday I wanna the game  coded for pros and not a bunch of overloaded features add by MM on a whim. I know every1 doenst mind but it cleary put useless stress on the code. Well, hope some1 is interested to dev the game better. Perhaps it will attract some population in a competitve fashon

Offline GymPolice

• Major(1)
  • What's that face?
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 10:41:17 am »
Ima not pro nor noob. Dont played in the last 10 years. But if i decided to play someday I wanna the game  coded for pros and not a bunch of overloaded features add by MM on a whim. I know every1 doenst mind but it cleary put useless stress on the code. Well, hope some1 is interested to dev the game better. Perhaps it will attract some population in a competitve fashon

I dont think you understand how coding works
Algorithm
noun ~
Word used by programmers when they
do not want to explain what they did.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 06:49:42 pm »

I dont think you understand how coding works
He clearly doesn't xDD

Offline GymPolice

• Major(1)
  • What's that face?
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 02:31:12 am »
I want to emphasize to not come off as rude. Code is not an emotional being that you can put under "stress" by having features.

There are things you can do with the scriptcore that would really put a soldat server under stress such as spawning 1,000 cluster nades or things of that kind, but people using the /piss command is just them moving their hands and head in a scripted manner and spawning some yellow projectiles. No biggy.

In most game modes, all the things you mention are disabled anyway. You can configure your server in whatever way you wish actually, so there's no argument to be made here. In fact, I'd like there to be more features that spice up the game.

All in all, this game is old. If you can't run it on a modern PC, that's not the game's fault. :)
Algorithm
noun ~

Offline Ygrek Starmagedon

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 02:05:40 pm »
Nice shitpost, disagree with everything you say XD Tho I don't play this game at all for like over half year or more
ALSO - will 1.8 even ever happen? lol

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2020, 02:54:30 pm »
ya saying those useless shit doesnt eat resources? even if its minimal its does. Also ya check how fast the earlier version w/o too much crap. Perhaps unkowngly some small shit compounds overload in high quantity.
why not try to remove almost everything but only shit that 90% of ppl use.
btw ppl can play older version if so like, but newer ones should be more clean. how to clean it up? its hard to say rly. just start slowly on those literal stuffed noinsense

Offline GymPolice

• Major(1)
  • What's that face?
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 09:29:30 am »
ya saying those useless shit doesnt eat resources? even if its minimal its does. Also ya check how fast the earlier version w/o too much crap. Perhaps unkowngly some small shit compounds overload in high quantity.
why not try to remove almost everything but only shit that 90% of ppl use.
btw ppl can play older version if so like, but newer ones should be more clean. how to clean it up? its hard to say rly. just start slowly on those literal stuffed noinsense

Having more files in a game is not a burden on stability or performance, especially not for a small game such as Soldat. What you are asking for is called backwards-development and takes just as much time as actual development. Not feasible, not necessary.
Algorithm
noun ~

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2020, 05:05:47 pm »
Having more files in a game is not a burden on stability or performance, especially not for a small game such as Soldat. What you are asking for is called backwards-development and takes just as much time as actual development. Not feasible, not necessary.

To add on to this: as the game is written in Object Pascal (as opposed to something like C++), it compiles extremely fast despite being a large codebase.

And to remove the mentioned features safely, it would require lots and lots of careful refactoring which would be extremely time consuming to do safely. And all of the things mentioned in the OP make the game more fun ;)
There are other worlds than these

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2020, 04:11:32 am »
The sun is blinding. Remove the sun. MM fix this please!

Offline Dark Magician

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2020, 01:50:00 pm »
"Ima not pro nor noob. Dont played in the last 10 years. But if i decided to play someday I wanna the game  coded for pros"
What a statement, do you read what you type?