Author Topic: Armia 4.1  (Read 4247 times)

Offline General Meevious

• Major
Armia 4.1
« on: May 30, 2007, 08:27:50 am »
I've finally finished the full 4.1 build of my first soldat mod, Armia (so called because your soldier is now a one man army in normal mode). There have been some radical changes since the 1.4 build seen in the partial mods section, so if you didn't like that, please don't be put off trying this. I've modified almost the entire graphical side of things, including sparks, gosteks, weapons and interface but sound effects remain untouched. There are also two completely separate .inis for realistic and normal weapon modes. The normal mode set is extremely fast paced and deadly, while the realistic mode weapons are more strategic. Armia is set in a futuristic rebellion, where the Global Moderation faction, who believe in learning from the past rises up against their Military Voice overlords, who look at their history with distain. Have fun and remember to back up your original Soldat files before copying these!

Tell me what you think! :)

Feel free to use any of my resources, just be sure to credit me if you do.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 04:31:05 am by General Meevious »

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: Armia 4.1
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 08:42:17 am »
simply: i don't like it, and for the next time put the screnshots, too light in the guns i don't will play with it

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 08:51:54 am »
I'll put up a screenshot of the gun selection menu in a minute. What do you mean "too light in the guns"? ???

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 08:56:52 am »
the colours are too light!

make it darker and... with other colours and forms, more different weapons

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 09:06:00 am »
Oh, ok. I'm afraid it is how it is, at least at the moment. If you would like it if only the weapons were darker, it doesn't take that much effort to run a transparent black across the interface.gfx/weapons files. I'm afraid I like them how they are, so if you would like them darker, feel free to do so your self. :)

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 09:59:22 am »
When it comes to modding u r kinda mean -Skykanden-  :-\ anyway, weapons aren't that bad! And i like it, it's cartoony. And talking bout light... I AM THE LIGHT! I AM LIGHT SNIPER, mwahahahaha!, Sry, I had to say that. I guess my exams are driving me crazy -_-
Text goes here...

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 10:18:09 am »
What'?
General, that i say is true, the weapons lets say the true things, they are not the most beutifull weapons (no offense)

and What you say Laser Guy! Becoming crazy?

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 10:24:20 am »
None taken.

The mod started off as just weapons.inis (which are the basis of the mod) I added what I consider fitting visuals afterwards, they're bound to be not to a lot of people's tastes, but you know.. it's my first mod, so I'm pleased with how it's gone. Weapon graphics aside, how do you like the interface and gameplay?

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
  • Ever wonder what R2-D2 is doing now?
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 11:38:27 am »
Intersting looking guns.... they look like old-school platform game guns. And interesting names. GALLBLADDER?

Anyway, they are okay, but not realistic, not my my style.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 05:17:04 pm »
Your shading shows promise, but your weapon shapes are all wonky and strange. You've based some of your graphics off of the defaults (I can tell by the shapes and outlines). I usually don't like this, it tends to result in somewhat strange shapes.
The bright colors look okay, but like I said, the wonky weapon shapes detract strongly from them.
The weapons look plastic. The shading is interesting, but it doesn't really define the shapes of the weapons or the textures.

I understand this is your first mod, so I'm not going to yell at you for posting a .jpg. You seemed to use a good compression method, and it took me a few moments to figure that out. Next time, save your preview image as a .png, and I like it when people don't use in-game screenshots of the weapons menu, i.e., they place the original images in an image, then upload it, kinda like what I did for Mentos's Day of Defeat Mod.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline cyruskek

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 07:14:35 pm »
I like it, its refreshing to actually see a well drawn 'cartoon' style mod.

Thumbs up, you get my download.
Think you are good enough to play Instagib V1.0?
^^^ Updated ^^^
Don't Fight Back.
Fight Forward.

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 10:11:24 pm »
You've based some of your graphics off of the defaults
yup. I thought it would be easier to transition that way. I basically drew what I imagined the guns that fired that way would look like, which draws a fair bit of influence from standard Soldat in most of the weapons.

Intersting looking guns.... they look like old-school platform game guns. And interesting names. GALLBLADDER?
good, that's what I was aiming for.

I understand this is your first mod, so I'm not going to yell at you for posting a .jpg. You seemed to use a good compression method, and it took me a few moments to figure that out. Next time, save your preview image as a .png, and I like it when people don't use in-game screenshots of the weapons menu, i.e., they place the original images in an image, then upload it, kinda like what I did for Mentos's Day of Defeat Mod.
I'll do that. I just thought it would be easier if people could see the interface as well.. but I suppose I can include that..

The shading is interesting, but it doesn't really define the shapes of the weapons or the textures.
maybe you are assuming different 3D shapes and that is why you don't think the shading matches.. but the lighting is a bit non-standard I'll admit.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 06:14:40 am by General Meevious »

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 10:29:45 am »
What'?
General, that i say is true, the weapons lets say the true things, they are not the most beutifull weapons (no offense)

and What you say Laser Guy! Becoming crazy?
Phew! Exams are over!! Yay! I got a 100% on my math exam, and I didn't study!! Mwahahahaha, the onlt 100% in math in my class!! And I survived the exams! Whoooooo! Tomorro is last day of school, and it's a party!!! yay!

Anyway, they are okay, but not realistic, not my my style.
Gallbladder! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Let me say this, it actually does look like a gallbladder, that was ripped out a body!
Text goes here...

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 10:37:33 am »
Laserguy what.... what you say! i had an exam today! :P

and i don't undestand what you mean about the exams

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 12:42:45 am »
Gallbladder! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Let me say this, it actually does look like a gallbladder, that was ripped out a body!
thanks, it was going to be called the Organgrinder, but I don't like the huge amount of unskilled m79 users very much, so I thought I'd make it more derogatory.  :P

congrats on your exam. :)

Offline Didimow

• Soldier
  • 4x4s Suck
    • endless forest
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 03:34:13 pm »
Not bad actually, makes a good fun mod

Offline adarius

• Major
  • "I'm more than my name." -The Recruit
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 06:28:15 pm »
Lol awesomeness, I almost like it more than skykanden's mods....yeah right....but close! =P

Off-topic: Skykanden sounds much different on the forums and ingame... O.o"

Disclaimer: Above userbar is intended solely as a joke.  If you take it seriously, there is something wrong with you.