Author Topic: [REQ] Serious Soldat Mod  (Read 3878 times)

Offline IceXuick

• Major(1)
[REQ] Serious Soldat Mod
« on: May 30, 2007, 07:49:42 pm »
Okay, i have found alot of different mods out here, but i would really like if there will be a Serious Sam Mod. Hopefully people know this game, because the explenation of my idea would be alot easier.
The idea is as following:
You play alone or as a team, against alot of enemies!   ;D

The idea to implement this into Soldat is quite easy. Your team, existing from 1 to 8 people, need to defend their 'main base'. All kinds of different creatures attack this location, and you need to hold them off.

The maps should be designed in a way, that your 'team' is located in a corner, or in the center of the map. This area can be reached from different paths. You can either let the three oposing teams (f.e. blue, yellow and green) enter the main base from different locations, or randomly position these over all different entrances (this way you can adjust the game difficulty and/or diversity of the NME's yourself).

Every NME team (the monsters) can be set in a way that each team is a different type of NME. With the use of custom gosteks and bot-settings, you could create various monsters to battle against.

You could play the matches as capture the flag. Your center base (blue flag) and the monsters hive (other flags).

Most monsters can only scratch/bite, but you could add some that spit fire/acid, or the can shoots something. (you could set the monster-bots to chainsaw-like weapons, add *growly* effects to it, etc.)
Think like wolfes, gremlins, smaller fury monsters, or bigger stone-gollums..

It is your mission to stay alive as long as possible (or for a set timer...)

If it is possible, it would be nice to play with lifes (realistic mode), but then, the monsters (NME teams) should come in waves (and therefor need more lives... possibly configable somewhere)

This would make a great slaughter fest, and combined forces in teamplay.
You could set the opposing teams to 30-40+ NME's so the waves are quite big, and fun to kill!  :D
By adding more bots/teams, you can set the difficulty to whatever you like.

You could leave the standard weapons in play, but some different rocketlaunchers, or laser guns could work.

I think most of my ideas can be done quite easily in Soldat. Some might need some extra work, but the idea is quite simple!

Hordes of NME's running/crawling into your main base (fort, caves, castle, whatever).. and you and your team need to slaughter them all!

I don't understand this wasn't made already! ;)

What do you guys think?

Icexuick

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
Re: [REQ] Serious Soldat Mod
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 09:10:30 pm »
Wrong section to put this =D

As for the idea itself, it sounds interesting (and a lot of work) 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 10:15:21 pm by Valorman »

Offline Therion

• Major
  • Realism Fetishist
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 03:11:02 am »
I played something like this with my civilian bots - I called it a Gun Free Zone - my soldat was the only armed soldat on map :) .
My DA gallery

"Black, fearsome and grim and mighty Panzer division Marduk rolls over enemy land
Striking hard and fast against your lines We blow your fortress into sand"

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 03:47:56 am »
So your requesting a new game mod? o.O

I suggest you ask a good mapper to make a map like what you specified and ask a professional waypointer (keron cyst) to waypoint is so that 'monsters' would spawn at map edges and swarm towards the middle where you spawn.

Your chances of having a new game modes are pretty damn slim but a map is something anybody can do. So go for it =]
[/url]

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
  • Ever wonder what R2-D2 is doing now?
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 08:53:34 am »
Or just play zombie games... like my zombie mod.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 04:15:08 pm »
This could work, I think. It would require infiltration, so that the human team can't just go capture the flag. Humans go on blue and defend the bots from capturing the black flag, which is located right above the white flag.
Due to the limitation of the team gosteks, the red and yellow teams have the same gostek and the blue and green teams have the same gostek.
Lives may be possible with a server script and setting people to spectators when they "die". I don't know, I haven't touched the scripting engine, though it looks fairly similar to C++, so it may be possible.
This is very similar to Infiltration mode against many Alpha zombies, though I don't know if Soldat can handle 40 bots and 8 humans at once. 25 bots and 4 humans, sure.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline IceXuick

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 05:22:23 pm »
@xtishereb: sweet.. i like your way of thinking...
hopefully someone can help out there. I looked into the gosteks and thought of some more possibilities to make this (you infiltration idea sounds solid to me! :) (except for the team thing.. it would be nice to have three teams for the monsters.. but it could be worked out with more differen gostek-ed bots) Indeed, it will take a bit more effort than i originally thought... Hopefully there will be more readers here with the time and know-how to pull it off.. For the coming 2 months i'm still too busy with personal/college stuff.. PS. isn't soldat written in Delphi with Jedi libraries?

@tempest: offcourse i could play zombie mods, but there still isn't a Serious Sam mod, which i think, i a bit different than ur zombie mod.

@shivorken: yes offcourse you'll need maps (and good mappers) i did three maps for soldat, and the pathing of the bots isn't that hard (though, alot of work and testing). And next to that, the idea of this Serious Soldat mod isn't that hard gameplay wise... So it wouldn't take a pro (lead) mapdesigner to create maps for it... Just point all the waypoint to the middle :D

Offline atlee3

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 02:23:59 am »
i'll work with PHReaKeR to get things started, i'll create the MOD and me and phreaks will work on the GFX, will update soon.

AJ

Offline PHReaKeR

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 03:38:18 am »
Speak for yourself ATLEE.. ATLEE.. LOL.. Come chat on MSN: scott_bailey1985@msn.com ... If i'm gonna be helping make a mod, there is no way we are using those crap triangle things that the editor throws at you. It's either complete Original graphics from scratch or i'm not involved :P.

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=15716.0 <-- An idea of what I can do... But it's only 1/10th there...