Author Topic: CC doesn't belong?  (Read 6675 times)

Offline Slashnoob

• Major
  • only users lose drugs
Re: CC doesn't belong?
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 09:36:04 pm »
seriously, no offence but his posts are much less of a waste than the forum's new shietty humor such as t's (no offence again) pointless constant blabbering about his zombie fetish, or the idiotic PINE joke that never seems to get spam-deleted, or dsdude's threads and on and on and on..

his threads were around for years.. why stop them now?

EH, i'm not trying to stir any veteranship war between you and Carl, but from what i can recall he joined much much earlier than you. he was under several handles, and his first ones havn't even had the name Carl in them.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 09:38:43 pm by Slashnoob »
Former SuperKill

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 09:38:17 pm »
This topic died with the first sentence Run on long enough to make an english teacher weep . Carl, this forum is not the place for your fantasies.

Locked.
fixed.

His threads aren't funny, they are just a waste.

What a coincidence, you aren't funny either.

Carl has been a staple around these/the old forums for ages.  He rarely posts.  Yet somewhere along the line it seemed like people became more concerned with trimming off the fat and enforcing rules than having an enjoyable forum.  Don't get me wrong...rules are needed.  But they're also bent from time to time.  Keep things so tight and rigid and they just break.

Sad really.

How long and how far should we let rules bend? If we don't stop letting rules be broken, the forum loses it's quality and people leave. Either extreme leads to bad end, not just the one.
Everything you have done in life is measured by the DASH on your gravestone.
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline Slashnoob

• Major
  • only users lose drugs
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 09:41:21 pm »
seriously, CC's threads aren't really gonna drop the quallity or something.
he makes a thread once a week, sometimes once a month.
his threads wouldn't make anyone leave for sure.

c'mon, letting these threads be isn't really bending the rules to chaos. it's just reserving old forum humor.
Former SuperKill

Offline Atticus

• Major
  • Always outnumbered, but never outgunned.
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 11:08:21 pm »
The forums lost quality when they were changed/moved. Don't get me wrong. These forums are nice but it just isn't the same. I think some others will agree with me on that. I miss the old forums.  They were fun.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 11:11:10 pm by Atticus »
.phx .bot+ {B}{H} NS - nv` .dfa s/0][ /HS/- </ sk:// `SL - c'n's R7. |LP| Slams&Jams-

Offline Spyder

• Soldier
  • Member Since 19 Oct 2002
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 11:19:32 pm »
Y'all mods should just LAID back and stop being so damn strict.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 11:48:35 pm »
Hilarious how you bastards are so fast to jump the gun and call us strict, EH thought the nature of the story was not suitable for some of the younger kids here and to be honest he is right. I think carl should be able to put out crappy stories. However like EH said a line should be drawn, where that line is drawn well that is a debate probably most likely held in the admin/mod forum. Anyway Spyder relax and let it soak in that you are not gonna be able to stone EH on this matter. The Lounge moderation has been set back a bit at least for the summer to let you little pricks run free before you get shut away with homework and lame highschool drama. I however would be completely happy to go back to iron fisting.... dang hippies holding me back....
@ii

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 11:52:58 pm »
I agree with most of what ya said except the hippie remark.  Hippies holding you back?!?!? lmao...spoken like a true idiot.  Heres an idea... go fuck yourself.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 11:53:48 pm »
Yeah, I have to agree with the mods/admins on this one. After reading that story... lets just say it was inappropriate. And while this is the lounge, that was a little... random.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 11:54:18 pm »
I forgot some people have no sense of humor here. I guess I will have to ad disclaimers to all my hippy jokes from now on.
@ii

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2007, 11:56:26 pm »
lol ever thought that i was kidding... my bad.... never take me seriously dude.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2007, 12:21:45 am »
How long and how far should we let rules bend? If we don't stop letting rules be broken, the forum loses it's quality and people leave. Either extreme leads to bad end, not just the one.

Please, let me know when someone leaves because of Carls posts dragging down forum quality.  I'm all ears.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2007, 01:06:28 am »
Carl's never done any harm, and people just laugh at his threads.

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • &quot;forum's-rebellious-cool-guy&quot;
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2007, 01:07:15 am »
if it wasn't suitable edit a warning into the title of cc's thread... you didn't really give the kids a choice when you didn't have that sunflower in your signature

Hilarious how you *******s are so fast to jump the gun and call us strict, EH thought the nature of the story was not suitable for some of the younger kids here and to be honest he is right. I think carl should be able to put out crappy stories. However like EH said a line should be drawn, where that line is drawn well that is a debate probably most likely held in the admin/mod forum. Anyway Spyder relax and let it soak in that you are not gonna be able to stone EH on this matter. The Lounge moderation has been set back a bit at least for the summer to let you little pricks run free before you get shut away with homework and lame highschool drama. I however would be completely happy to go back to iron fisting.... dang hippies holding me back....

and i bet if i said anything like that my post would be deleted and i'd get another warning
i see you spam and say useless things all the time and then delete perfectly legit things other people say even when they're funny
its just like in the smash bros thread
i didn't say where to get the rom and emulators are perfectly legal and you warn me and get all pissy
i just told someone what to do and you threaten me with a 3 day ban

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2007, 01:16:10 am »
Oh jesus....... the original forum is truly dead :(
You haven't noticed in the past two or three years?

I think we really do need the bash pit back. I think it's part of what the forums have become. Especially since a certain mod deletes posts for 'spam' which I personally think are some of the funniest posts. Fuck maturity, the forums are on a constant downward slope anyway.

Offline Not Not Muldritch

• Major
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2007, 01:19:41 am »
Carl's posts are infinitely more entertaining than "how do i do this," or "let's give our sentence-long and ultimately pointless opinion on this topic," or "what's the worst substance that's ever gotten stuck to the bottom of your shoe," or "spam deleted," or "this thing happened to me today and that sucks," or any of the other bullshit that commonly shits up the place without repercussion. This forum is NOT a respectable community; it's a shitty online messageboard for a game, and no amount of thread deletion or locking from the mods will change that. Entertainment is the only thing the non-Soldat parts have ready to offer, and Carl's "inappropriate stories" are part of the only entertaining content they can hope to have.

Seriously, mods, give it up. This is a forum for an online game; it will NEVER have the mature, fecund atmosphere you seem to think you can bring to it.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2007, 01:29:47 am »
If we held a sort of an event, where moderators and admins can't delete posts, reply, or lock threads for 24 hours, it'd go like this: The forum would quickly collect a new wave of members that posts retarded stuff, and despite warnings from other ordinary people, the forums would quickly degenerate into a babbling mass of fetid shit.

The moderator's job is to greatly retard that degeneration.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2007, 01:43:11 am »
if it wasn't suitable edit a warning into the title of cc's thread... you didn't really give the kids a choice when you didn't have that sunflower in your signature

Hilarious how you *******s are so fast to jump the gun and call us strict, EH thought the nature of the story was not suitable for some of the younger kids here and to be honest he is right. I think carl should be able to put out crappy stories. However like EH said a line should be drawn, where that line is drawn well that is a debate probably most likely held in the admin/mod forum. Anyway Spyder relax and let it soak in that you are not gonna be able to stone EH on this matter. The Lounge moderation has been set back a bit at least for the summer to let you little pricks run free before you get shut away with homework and lame highschool drama. I however would be completely happy to go back to iron fisting.... dang hippies holding me back....

and i bet if i said anything like that my post would be deleted and i'd get another warning
i see you spam and say useless things all the time and then delete perfectly legit things other people say even when they're funny
i didn't say where to get the rom and emulators are perfectly legal and you warn me and get all pissy
Again... kid get off your cross. Just because you are some bored little kid that wants to lash out with lame 4chan type humor doesn't mean I am out to get you.
@ii

Offline Not Not Muldritch

• Major
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2007, 01:48:09 am »
If we held a sort of an event, where moderators and admins can't delete posts, reply, or lock threads for 24 hours, it'd go like this: The forum would quickly collect a new wave of members that posts retarded stuff, and despite warnings from other ordinary people, the forums would quickly degenerate into a babbling mass of fetid ****.
That would be better than endless threads attempting to be worthwhile and failing. Either do it right or don't attempt it at all.

members that posts retarded stuff, and despite warnings from other ordinary people
Like how everyone tells you to fuck off and die, yet you never do?

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2007, 01:54:06 am »
I have a life. It's better than sitting at your computer, staring at a couple of digital femal nipples, knowing that you will never get your horny hands on them in this lifetime.

So quit being a lame guy and focus on this topic, not me. I'm just trying to defend CC.

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • &quot;forum's-rebellious-cool-guy&quot;
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2007, 02:00:52 am »

Again... kid get off your cross. Just because you are some bored little kid that wants to lash out with lame 4chan type humor doesn't mean I am out to get you.
i'm not lashing out foo way to try and avoid what i've been saying
ignore it all you want but you know i'm right

i get warnings for telling eople they suck while you get free reign and call people pricks and cunts and shit
hypocrite