Author Topic: Pinning Bow  (Read 1647 times)

Offline General Meevious

• Major
Pinning Bow
« on: May 30, 2007, 05:28:59 am »
I think that arrows should pin bodies to polygons. I'm sure it would take a lot of coding, but it's something that would add to the experience a lot, I feel.

Offline User No. 2

• Major
  • IT engineer
Re: Pinning Bow
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 11:39:01 am »
It could be nice effect, but it`s not necessary, and there are many much more usefull suggestions which are waiting on "to do" Soldat list.
Regards, User No. 2

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 11:16:42 pm »
Well, when would you ever see it?
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline ChromedGun

• Camper
  • Angel of Death
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 02:30:15 am »
I think it sounds good, there should be more differences between the arrow and bullet classes (I haven't noticed anything besides that arrows don't "glow" as much as bullets do)

@Kryp -- go buy some skills. use /command to bring up the commands.

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 10:43:15 pm »
Well, when would you ever see it?
You shoot someone in Rambo with the bow in midair. Then his body attaches to the arrow and flies till it hits a poly, then sticks.

This would be KEWL.
Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline Mr.Morose

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 02:41:47 pm »
It's be cool, but TOTALLY useless...

Offline General Meevious

• Major
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 10:47:31 pm »
Soldat it's self is useless in that case. The aim is FUN and corpse mutilation is among the best ways to obtain that. :p

Offline NorrisScott

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 11:29:38 pm »
Maybe if the soldier is close enough to a polygon? The arrow could drive you backwards a bit-- like the 'push' of bullets do-- and if you're close to a polygon it could pin you against it. The player could then 'struggle' (tap W+A/W+S) to unpin themselves from the arrow, and after a small amount of time they could break free from it.

Obviously, if they're under attack from a rambo, they probably won't break free without getting pinned again; however, if they get hit by a stray arrow from across the map or something, it'd be more useful.

I'd also suggest that you'd still be able to fire from your pinned position, to keep things fair.

Soldat Name: Kazuo Kiriyama

Offline imacheater2k7

• Soldier
  • Your friendly neighborhood semi-goth.
    • New VGN
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 12:01:36 am »
Maybe if the soldier is close enough to a polygon? The arrow could drive you backwards a bit-- like the 'push' of bullets do-- and if you're close to a polygon it could pin you against it. The player could then 'struggle' (tap W+A/W+S) to unpin themselves from the arrow, and after a small amount of time they could break free from it.

Obviously, if they're under attack from a rambo, they probably won't break free without getting pinned again; however, if they get hit by a stray arrow from across the map or something, it'd be more useful.

I'd also suggest that you'd still be able to fire from your pinned position, to keep things fair.

Umm.... Aren't you forgetting that when you fight Rambo, you won't take a hit and live. If you get pinned to a wall, you're as good as dead. This idea is pretty much useless. After MM adds some of the better features, this would be a nice detail to add. Till then, F11

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 12:02:42 am »
I think that the arrows should have an amplified push effect. Like, if you get hit then you die but also get shot back a ways.

Offline imacheater2k7

• Soldier
  • Your friendly neighborhood semi-goth.
    • New VGN
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 12:10:06 am »
... Like, if you get hit then you die but also get shot back a ways....

What would be the point of this? You're dead. What does it matter if you're pushed back?

Offline NorrisScott

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 10:24:46 am »

Umm.... Aren't you forgetting that when you fight Rambo, you won't take a hit and live. If you get pinned to a wall, you're as good as dead. This idea is pretty much useless. After MM adds some of the better features, this would be a nice detail to add. Till then, F11

True Story: I COMPLETELY forgot about the insta-kill for god knows what reason, despite having played for so long.

Christ, I must have been out of it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Soldat Name: Kazuo Kiriyama