Author Topic: The Best Server  (Read 16367 times)

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
Re: The Best Server
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2007, 02:09:29 am »
Speaking from the north american clan community: There are 4 choices really..

From best to worst:

Clanplanet servers: Best ping for the majority of players, although west coast from NA will get 83 ping, europeon players get 113 ping. This makes Clanplanet the most fair server in leagues. Not only this, clanplanet is a company that sells servers for many games. They are the most reliable soldat server to buy for clans, and have very good service overall. Also, if you participate in SCTFL, you can get +4 free slots for any server you buy, and all servers get a 12 slot ventrillo server free.

Fractured servers: Best ping for NA players. 33 for east coast and 66 for west coast. 166 ping for europeons, free for clans of the fractured community. Reliability is a bit of a concern, as since the servers have been free there is no cpanel that I know of, and the host of the server isn't 100% stable so to speak.

U13 servers: Pretty much the same ping as fractured servers, 33 for east coast and 66 for west coast. 166 for europeons, the cheapest NA server (Apart from fractured but that is only for clans that are part of fracs community). Reliability is a huge concern. Cpanel has not worked since 1.4 was released. Servers crash frequently. using command /gamemode x doesnt work for some reason. Very buggy overall.

Enesce servers: Worst ping overall. I believe the server is located in texas. Gives 50 ping for west coast players, and 83 for east coast players, 213 for europeons. Most expensive server also. I cannot say much about reliability since I dont have experience buying a server.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 02:12:15 am by Poop »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2007, 02:24:49 am »
[Cool Wep Mod] Server. IP: 71.197.250.168 | PORT: 23073 (default)

Nice ping for me, and it has some SICK weapon mod. Very fun also. It encourages nade spamming, spraying, all to give the players some nice break from the normal don't spray-or-spam rules. Can't stay alive for long, either.

I believe some of you discovered this too.

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
  • 3.14159265358979, mmm... pi
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2007, 09:42:16 pm »
yes ;)
"Be mindful of fame, show a mighty courage, watch against foes. Nor shalt thou lack what thou desirest, if with thy life thou hast comest out from that heroic task."

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2007, 02:43:50 pm »

Nice ping for me, and it has some SICK weapon mod. Very fun also. It encourages nade spamming, spraying, all to give the players some nice break from the normal don't spray-or-spam rules. Can't stay alive for long, either.

I personally hate those kinds of servers.  Rocket-launching AK47, triple M79 shell launchers, 1 second barret recoil time, 50% damage per minigun bullet.........  it's so pointless and is based on MUCH more luck - to the extent that it isn't even worth playing.  Spraying is the worst thing ever... perhaps after playing this "mod" people realize why spraying sux (b.c you die due to random events that take away any sort of survival skill in soldat!)
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline ScarabGun

• Major(1)
  • Hard to Get, Worth the While
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2007, 03:28:30 pm »
U13, Enesce, Elite, Mikes R/S (CS MAPS!)
AK | Deagles | Ruger | Knife | Law
Ingame | scarabGUN

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2007, 04:26:42 pm »
I'd choose either EnEsCe TW or my own u13 duckhunt server. <3 ;D. The u13 pubs own too. Oh and of course the MRP Servers.

Iq Unlimited

Offline .Long-Range

• Camper
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2007, 05:54:29 pm »

I personally hate those kinds of servers.  Rocket-launching AK47, triple M79 shell launchers, 1 second barret recoil time, 50% damage per minigun bullet.........  it's so pointless and is based on MUCH more luck - to the extent that it isn't even worth playing.  Spraying is the worst thing ever... perhaps after playing this "mod" people realize why spraying sux (b.c you die due to random events that take away any sort of survival skill in soldat!)
I completely agree with you. I hate those crazy mods for the guns which cause insta-deaths. I guess you can say I'm more of a tactical player and with mods like that, there's not much strategy needed when you have an automatic shooting M79 rounds.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline SirJamesaford

• Flagrunner
  • SirJamesaford is still in the early Beta stage.
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2007, 06:13:08 pm »
Avarax hexer #1... thats all ya really need.
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
Ill see you on the dark side of the moon

Offline mozzer

• Camper
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2007, 09:42:03 am »
1. #tba.clan server, most are good players and are garunteed a good game.
2. U13, they were pretty much the first servers i played in and know quite a few people
3. fracs, dont go in much, but the times i have there seemed to be alot of cool people there

Offline Xasthur

• Major
  • Beyond Light
    • Soldat.hu
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2007, 01:59:15 pm »
Public server are all the same... Gather rules!

Offline Spasm

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF Owner
    • Elite CTF
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2007, 10:54:04 am »
Thanks to all who voted for elite  :)
Owner/Founder- Elite CTF -  http://elitectf.com
OwnedVision - http://ownedvision.com
--An EliteCTF Production.
Snipe & Slice - Saw & Law - One Shots

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2007, 09:00:15 am »

Offline Maryleaf

• Camper
  • Xfire: Maryleaf
    • {AAC} Attack and Control
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2007, 09:20:12 am »
I host from eC and he gave me a badass deal. So its actually pretty cheap, and the cpanel is easy to use. Got all my servers up within 2 hours. (10 of them) They give my excellent ping and are watched over 99% of the time. Never had a problem with people laggin in TW #1 or #2.
{AAC} Attack and Conquer
Where People are Soldiers
http://Http://www.teamaac.co.nr

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2008, 10:43:01 am »
I'm still gonna go for lFAl death match and zombie mod
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline MRH

• Major(1)
  • Lava lamp
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2008, 09:44:49 am »
u13 and toumaz's CS
Dear Michael,

Thank you for registering Soldat.
It's great that you like the game.

SHOOP DA WOOP

The above phrase sequence is your unique registration phrase (if it is missing contact me at e-mail below).

noshoopstowoop@shoopingnetwork.com

Offline Bjarne Betjent

• Camper
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2008, 10:13:11 am »
I like red socks, leo's servers got nice ping and good opponents, but i prefer normal mode, instead of realistic mode.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2008, 11:55:53 am »
i like fashit's zombie sydney inf/tdm
or tomaz's zombie fun
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Sennheiser

• Major(1)
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2008, 05:53:08 am »
Mm.. R/S Hks Clan server.

Offline rumpel

• Camper
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2008, 09:46:31 am »
hks o.O buddhas lamer ground ftw ;P
banned.

Offline mitja