Author Topic: Forums going offline in 45 minutes  (Read 728 times)

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Forums going offline in 45 minutes
« on: June 03, 2007, 08:15:55 pm »
Two e-mails I just sent out to my customers:
Quote from: Server downtime notice
Thank you for your continued business with U13 Rentals.

Unfortunately, there have been some hardware problems with the server hardware, most notably the RAM.  You can find more information at these links:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=13880.0
http://tns.u13.net/?p=13
http://tns.u13.net/?p=16

If you read those, you'll see that I've had quite a few problems, all at the fault of Corsair.  I'm still working on tracking down new RAM for the server.

Tomorrow night I plan to shut down the server to run a few hardware tests.  I want to make sure that the RAM still in the server is 100% ok.  I'm not sure exactly what time, but it will probably be some time around 6PM CST tomorrow.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions about any of this, or if you're having any problems with your server.
There are many great new things happening for Soldat and U13, and it is greatly aided by the funding brought in by your server rentals.  Thanks a lot from me, MM, and the rest of the Soldat community!
--Ryan

Quote from: Early Downtime notice: 9PM CST Tonight (not tomorrow)
Hey guys, hopefully you all just got my e-mail about the server hardware problems.

Due to more increasing evidence of hardware problems, or possibly problems with the 2.6.1/1.4.1 server, I am shutting down the server now to test the RAM out.  I will know for 100% certain then whether it is a hardware problem or whether it is a Soldat or configuration problem.

The server will be going down in 45 minutes, at 9PM CST.  It should not be down for more than half an hour.

--Ryan

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: Forums going offline in 45 minutes
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 08:44:50 pm »
uh ohh... *fearfully refreshes*
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 08:52:20 pm »
Thanks for the warn-*KKKSSSSHSSSSSSSKSSSSSSSS*

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 09:12:56 pm »
Looks like this is going to have to wait until tomorrow, around 6PM CST.  The remote access unit I use isn't responding right now.

screw that, I need to test it tonight.  I'm going to go catch the next train into the city, hopefully I'll be there by 11PM tonight.  The server will be going down some time in the next 20-40 minutes probably.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 09:55:32 pm by FliesLikeABrick »