Author Topic: Possible large bug in 1.4.1  (Read 6933 times)

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: Possible large bug in 1.4.1
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2007, 09:29:11 pm »
The next person to spam or flame in this topic gets a 3-day ban, if not more.

Offline Mandlc

• Major(1)
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2007, 04:00:53 am »
It's not about flaming or spamming guys, you still don't get it. Many european players, who are active and play at least 1 hour soldat per day, who participate in most important leagues, cups (TNL, SCTFL, TPC), who used to have fun playing it.. are NOT satisfied with it. There must be something wrong if you don't see the nade? Come on... not seeing enemy nades? I don't think that's normal for a game like that. And there were many other bugs and things on versions before and we have never complained about anything, but this is more than a problem. How come that other 2d games don't lag that much and that players can see bullets and nades of each other... Please fix it somehow.. and if you don't believe that it's annoying, I'll get a list of at least 300 players who have been in more than 3 clans and play soldat more than 2 years and think same as me.

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2007, 04:44:05 am »
I really don't think that this so called "feature" was really needed. maybe you thought it will be revolutionary, but actually it just slowed things donw. I've noticed a HUGE increase in ping when there's a big shootout involvig three or more people. The 1.4.0 was fine, there were some grenade problems with some peple but it was as normal as previous versions, just the newbs over exagarated things. But now it's like, man I dunno, never seen a game that lags as much as soldat these days. I played war rock, enemy territory, battle field and other fps games that dindn't lag as much... even the game maker made games that have online multiplay are better

Offline Amigo

• Major(1)
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2007, 05:21:19 am »
Demonic and FliesLikeAFuckingIdiotNoob are assholes.

Fix it already!

I play Soldat more than 2 weeks and I know its a problem!

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2007, 05:32:45 am »
It's wonky for me too.  Can't see my own shots sometimes even on NA servers, NO CHANCE on European servers. 

I like the idea for a clientside option to enable/disable ShowRealLag.  That way everyone has a choice.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2007, 05:48:00 am »
You can disable it server side, so if all clan servers were to disable it...

but then again I guess you fellows are better off with flaming Michal and the beta testers than fixing it yourselfes, right, right.

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2007, 06:13:55 am »
Hmm.. if I disable ShowRealLag from server side it effects the clients or every client must disable it individually ?

Offline Mandlc

• Major(1)
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2007, 06:22:24 am »
silly question for a beta tester... if it's disabled or enabled on the server, it affects the client automatically

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2007, 06:26:44 am »
Actually I just found out that it can't be disabled.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 06:47:20 am by Leo »

Offline truup

• Soldier
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2007, 07:42:21 am »
Here we see it again, how shit the beta testing team really is. They are beta testers just to brag with the rights. Seriously, how can shit like this be added? I though there was active clan community players too in the team, but it doesn't look like that. I saw a few topics where some flaming on some new bugs and features were flamed, and I just saw beta testers laughing or flaming them back. Demonic is a beta tester too I guess and here he is just defending this crap, and flaming others too.

I haven't myself played this new version at all yet, but I believe this feature is carbage, since so many players from the clan community is posting here about it. I just don't get it -  what I understood is that when enemy shoots, his bullets starts moving from another point. Well, if you can calculate that 'right' point, then why isn't the player appearing there? Is it harder to calculate player position than bullet? I don't think so.

Wtf, invisible bullets? What's the fucking point? That's insane.

And what comes to MM... He didn't answer my pm. Why? Propably cause I'm not registered, and maybe he noticed that Im not willing to register.

This whole thing is like the old sentence 'the rats are leaving the sinking ship', MM is leaving the sinking ship, which in this case, is Soldat. He's trying to get all the money he can from new players by adding some carbage which will make them happy. And it did. See those new topics like "THANKS MM I LOVE YOU" from the NEW PLAYERS. As you see, the old players, most of the clan community, are very unsatisfied with it. I think the only forum MM is checking is help and shareware forum, since he can help customers that can't pay. Well that's logigal if you love money.

1.3.2? It was supposed to save the clanwar community somehow, by adding BE and fixing few serious bugs. But then, one beautiful day, MM decided to drag some more money :) He added features for new players who would have paid for it. Yea just nvm the clan community... Why didn't he just release bug fix version, as he was going to do, and then make 1.4 for the new players? Maybe he just wanted money?

However, I read one of Demonic's posts, and I understood, that you are trying to MAKE advantage for the one with more/less lagg, Im not sure which. Well shouldn't it be for the one who has less ping?

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2007, 09:22:06 am »
What's the point of having real lag if your server is low ping? lol.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline GluLm

• Camper
  • Polybugs' nightmare
    • maps pack project
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2007, 12:54:20 pm »
I love you truup for what you've posted here.
Although I disagree about how you treat Demonic as a scapegoat (and yeah, I think he's got used to it by now, hehe -private joke-), I agree with most of your points.

I feel very bad about 1.4.x. Why did MM have to touch it graphically? I mean it was pretty good already, the kill console is completely screwed up now, you can't even mod it because tweaking the font sizes scrambles everything up even more. I'm not talking about the bullets or several other stuffs, it would take too much time.

Getting back on topic: this version suffers from lag which is even more awful than before. I don't call this version a bug fix... >_>
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 12:55:52 pm by GluLm »
Bring back Soldat 1.3.1! New bullet trails DIE!

Offline MORTUS

• Major(1)
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2007, 01:55:20 pm »
but this is why people get ping kicked, like MM said, its correct now,
just because before in 1.4 we saw the bullet coming then it killed us then it hit us, now we just dont see the bullet coming,
so stop whining, would you like it if you had fucking created something and spent alot fo tme doing it, then  you whining little noobs come along and ripp him for a small thing?
this problem wont exist in 1.5
and plus, every1 will get the grid soon (wikipedia grid if ur thick) so there wont be such thing as a ping above 3, so chill out
and just play on high ping servers against high ping players.

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2007, 03:01:43 pm »
Dude you got it all wrong.

I agree with truup. Altough I don't want to insult MM because he put so much time and effort in this and I understand that he probably thought that this will improve the game. I think I just got registered at the wrong time. And I don't regret it for all of the time spent playing and modding the previous version. I just don't think that this bersion deserves the registration as the previous ones did...

Offline truup

• Soldier
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2007, 04:41:42 pm »
Sure he put effort on it, but oh c'mon - invisible bullets? Maybe what he meant was good, but this isn't good. Does MM deserve anything, like acception here anyway? He gets a lot of money from this game. To me it looks like it's the only thing he cares about. Well, sure I have spend lots of hours with Soldat, and I have to thank MM for giving me the fun, but if you can say thanks for good things, then why can't you say "badly" when he creates something bad, or something that sucks? Don't honor anyone blindly.

And specially in this case, invisibile bullets, that's seriously boredom. You seriously cant think that invisible bullets will improve the game.

What about that huge warp everyone is complaining? It's not MM's fault, it's the betatesting team, which is supposed to be active and find out things like that before the release. Though I think MM has chosen this betatesting team, or I dunno who manages it. Not to mention those new random betatesters who was played soldat for few months.

Don't tell me this warp was added on purpose. ._.

Offline alexoner

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major(1)
  • Word.
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2007, 08:28:03 pm »
well, invisible bullets were put in on purpose.. might aswell add vehicles (preferably if they're not invisible too)..

edit: btw.. this so called feature.. everyone thinks it's a bug.. doesn't that say enough?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 08:31:22 pm by alexoner »

Offline MWTBDLTR

• Major
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2007, 08:29:18 pm »
Can we just do a quickie update to be able to enable/disable this?  And by that i mean disable it.   
.:*OC*:. MWTBDLTR

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2007, 07:08:36 am »
Everything was explained by the first reply by Demonic - http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=15426.msg174766#msg174766

If you do not understand this, please don't post just showing your ignorance.

This improvement fixed bullets not hitting you (especially missed M79 bullet and nades)

If bullets don't hit you, you are not affected by them that means that although the server registers hits and they kill you, your movement is not affected by the bullets which is cheating. For example the push you get from spas is now correct and you can use it more effecitively on the enemy.

All games with projectile bullets like Soldat use this system. They just compensate it visually. Soldat doesn't do that, hence it looks like the bullets are appearing out of nowhere. I regret not adding this visual effect and for sure I'll do something about it in the next version.

Warping is another issue. I did not "add" it, it needs fixing.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 07:11:35 am by Michal Marcinkowski »

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2007, 08:05:00 am »
[...] I'll do something about it in the next version.

Warping is another issue. I did not "add" it, it needs fixing.
thats all I wanted to hear. thank u  :)
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline treeSkwerrral

• Major(1)
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2007, 07:39:43 pm »
Hey everyone I just have one question...can any of yall HEAR this gunfire? Cause I mean anyone ever play R/S. I don't remember seeing many people on that. I just LISTEN for a person with my SPEAKERS and look that way and shoot. Honestly quit whining everyone and adapt or die. GOD I'm tired of hearing people whine about stupid shit like this. I've played this game a while and I don't like some stuff but I don't complain cause I know MM works hard on this game. Hell I'm not even smart enough to  figure out how to make the damned maps much less code the game. If yall are gonna complain about something every other game uses then quit playing computer games or make your own without this feature. Oh and as for the moron that said he goes prone for a sniper shot...how the hell can you move that fast anyways? I hear the shot before I see it and I die too fast to even react. Now I do understand ANYONE who would complain about the visual because of the nades and m79 but MM said he's adding in this next version so don't complain about it. Bottom line if you don't like this don't PLAY it. This is a FREE game you paid NOTHING for it so don't complain. Go whine about counter strike or halo but leave MM alone. By the way MM do you actually even make much from this game? I just wondered cause I don't see many people registered compared to how many complain about it. I registered and am happy with it thx for the higher res option I like it.