Author Topic: -_-  (Read 5490 times)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
Re: -_-
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 11:25:40 am »
Vijchti is a great example of what is wrong with these forums, and that is, his attitude.

His attitude? Did you even read his post?
So yes, he's not agreeing with you guys, but he states he's all for trying out a new bashpit. Or testing it, if you will. On the other hand, he can't just let that happen all on his own, since he's not the only authority around here.
So, you're basically saying he's got a bad attitude for not agreeing with you. If THAT's not bad attitude, I don't know what the fuck is.

Personally I don't know why the hell they ever took the bashpit away. Sure it was full of crap, but it kept the rest of the forums clean, didn't it? I was very new at the time, so I can hardly remember.
However, I think a new bashpit could cleanse the forums just a bit. the forums should still be moderated, and it'd be a place for people to argue about serious, non-soldat issues.

But I really get what you're saying about spam, Ben, and I think this thread has been excellent proof of your point.
Allthough I hardly ever agree with you, I think you're on to something here. At least to some extend.

echo_trail

Oh, and PS:
I'm brushing my teeth.
Could someone go to this stupid fucks house and beat the living shit out of him?
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 11:46:40 am »
^ I believe Smegma was very subtly proving a point by posting what he did. I think I'm the only one who caught it yet.

As for the bashpit, seeing as I was never on the old forums, I would really like to see what idiocy can arise within it, according to some of the posts here. Over at Metanet, we have a Bash and Thrash section, but our members still don't act like idiots, in the forum or outside of it - it's just for major swearing or somewhat erotic topics. We don't even have a word filter, but you cannot use excessive vulgarity outside of the B&T section. It's passworded, but it's displayed publicly, because it's only to prevent guests from seeing it, and it also prevents the topic titles from showing up on the index.

I think you guys should really test out the bash pit - I think it could do some good.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 12:08:00 pm »
Honestly, you guys have no other place to act like morons? The internet is a big place.
@ii

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 12:13:42 pm »
do a 1 week temporary bash pit and then decide what to do from there.

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 12:29:50 pm »
do a 1 week temporary bash pit and then decide what to do from there.

f12

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 12:52:13 pm »
^ I believe Smegma was very subtly proving a point by posting what he did. I think I'm the only one who caught it yet.

As for the bashpit, seeing as I was never on the old forums

I think you guys should really test out the bash pit - I think it could do some good.

Bash pit

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Rhombus

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2007, 01:48:41 pm »
temporary bashpit? we had a bashpit, and they decided it didn't work :S. you want to let them create a bashpit, let you spam and then magically the mods will think the bashpit is cool?

Offline Not Not Muldritch

• Major
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 02:46:03 pm »
Mods always win, and due to conflicting viewpoints regarding what's entertaining and what's just fucking stupid, this means that we always lose.

Let it die or start trolling.

Offline Fluffy

• Camper
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 04:27:24 pm »
Vijchti is a great example of what is wrong with these forums, and that is, his attitude.

His attitude? Did you even read his post?

Yes, I did, and it's disrespecting to me.

Long live Nazi-Communism!

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 06:17:11 pm »
The reason mods always win is because they make a good point, while making the rest of us looking like idiots in a very non-begriming way.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 06:20:27 pm »
The reason mods always win is because they make a good point, while making the rest of us looking like idiots in a very non-begriming way.
he does not speak for me.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 06:23:49 pm »
Now I've just got an idea. A lot of this uproar began with the locking of topics many people felt was unfair. So, to shut them up - why don't we move those topics to the bash pit, where they're still open for discussion.

By moving those topics to the bash pit, we leave the Lounge open for some intelligible talk, and the Bash Pit won't be as 'trashy' as many of us believe it would be.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 06:29:19 pm »
Spam by Shadow G-Unit deleted.
@ii

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2007, 06:36:33 pm »
EVERYONE READ THIS
Spam by Shadow G-Unit deleted.
Sorry † or whatever that symbol is...OK back on topic:

I'm about to be a member of this forum for one year on June 10. I have kind of like the same story as Captain Ben, I have seen this forum die VERY SLOWLY. One year ago there were people posting like every two seconds or so, but now it has become 2-5 minutes. It is very sad because when I am dying of boredom, I come here to post some posts. It seems like all the cool and humorous people were either banned or just left because of all the fun were banned or "died". I say that F.L.A.B. put some cool things into this forum, maybe like a "shout-out" forum or something or maybe just making this place seem more interesting. The only hope for this forum is that FliesLikeABrick make it more appealing...that's all for now, I might add stuff later if I think up of more stuff.

Now I've just got an idea. A lot of this uproar began with the locking of topics many people felt was unfair. So, to shut them up - why don't we move those topics to the bash pit, where they're still open for discussion.

By moving those topics to the bash pit, we leave the Lounge open for some intelligible talk, and the Bash Pit won't be as 'trashy' as many of us believe it would be.
Yeah, I'm supporting this. ^ Since † is doing such a good job here, like deleting my spam, he should moderate the bash pit, if there is going to be one.

For the past couple of years, I've been here, I've been watching this place slowly die and 99% of the time I come here I don't even know why I do. Modsare onmy back since before Moses played halfback for Jerusalem, almost every topic I make gets spammed into oblivion and I've got two warnings just for defending my goods. The good old days before nazi-mods and 4channery are gone and I find myself sitting here asking myself, "Why don't I just give up on this place?".

I'd be lying if this forum hasn't been a big part of my life for the past couple of years, because literally everyday after school, I come here hoping for a laugh and a good time, but that doesn't happen anymore. There are barely ever any good threads, I can't make my own, I can't even joke around [a *little* good humoured insult from time to time] without getting threatened with a temp ban by a mod that hates me with a passion and loves to exhibit double standards.

You're probably thinking "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE" and I'm whining and acting like the victim, but I bet a ton of you are thinking the same thing.

I like coming here, but why should I if I can't do anything? It's not like anyone takes me seriously anyway, so I should atleast be able to have *some* fun.
BOLD Part: Same case with me. It seems like a majority of the moderators here are super-duper serious on keeping the forum clean without keeping some fun here. It sucks, I know, but the mods are just doing there job to keep it a good forum atmosphere. MODS PLEASE KEEP SOME FUN HERE SO IT WOULD BE MORE AMUSING, remember it's a lounge (supposed to be fun!)

BEFORE I FORGET: One more thing (or maybe more) †  (or other mods)please don't just go around locking topics, like the Blackthorne one, just let it go until or unless it all goes wrong. Maybe some of those topics locked could have some potential!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 06:48:18 pm by Shadow G-Unit »

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline CaptainDamnit

• Major
  • Al Roker need brains!
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2007, 06:49:43 pm »
i dont know why i come here either...just that this site is in my...favorites. I dont even play this game anymore but i still just come here hoping someone is talking about something i can relate to. i've never gotten in trouble on any forum (unless you count that one halo forum where i was spamming just to get in trouble since it was real crappy) and i don't intend on getting in trouble. This is currently the only forum i go to since i dont require any others. I dont even require this one but...i just cant get myself to stop coming here. Every forum will die sooner or later. I've been in 3 forums that died while i was there. They slow down and eventually completely stop.

Stage 1 - Forum is slowing down but no one realizes it.
Stage 2 - Forum is slowing down and people are realizing it.
Stage 3 - Forum dies out but gets an eventual visit by some "bumper".
Stage 4 - Complete death.
This forum, is now in stage 2.
Current State: Partially Dead

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2007, 06:55:36 pm »
Basically what my long post says...

i dont know why i come here either...just that this site is in my...favorites. I dont even play this game anymore but i still just come here hoping someone is talking about something i can relate to. i've never gotten in trouble on any forum (unless you count that one halo forum where i was spamming just to get in trouble since it was real crappy) and i don't intend on getting in trouble. This is currently the only forum i go to since i dont require any others. I dont even require this one but...i just cant get myself to stop coming here. Every forum will die sooner or later. I've been in 3 forums that died while i was there. They slow down and eventually completely stop.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2007, 07:30:59 pm »
not at all true.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline CaptainDamnit

• Major
  • Al Roker need brains!
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2007, 07:31:42 pm »
well thats how i think of it  :-[
Current State: Partially Dead

Offline ElephantHunter

• Retired Administrator
  • Camper
  • Third President
    • - home of the admins -
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2007, 08:14:01 pm »
well thats how i think of it  :-[

This is a large and dedicated community. People have left, but they almost always come back. Many folks who check active topics every day don't post, but they are active proponents of the Soldat IRC community. Several thousand members moved over from the last forum when we switched to SMF. I've even met some of my best friends here.

Think what you will, but I'm not letting this forum die anytime soon :)
Everything you have done in life is measured by the DASH on your gravestone.
Stop wasting time.
Make your dash count.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2007, 08:30:52 pm »
If you think this forum is bad?!... you ain't seen nothing...

This forum which I am a moderator of is in a far worse state.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20