Author Topic: Help Requests  (Read 18381 times)

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Help Requests
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2007, 02:31:45 am »
Okay, I'll check it out.

Take a screenshot by pressing Prt Scr/Sys Rq; it's just to the right of F12 on most computers. Now whatever is on the screen is on your Clipboard, so go to Paint or some image editor and push [CTRL] + V.

You can upload two files per post directly to the forums by clicking "Additional Options" in the post screen (not Quick Reply; it doesn't have that).

Offline Scrage

• Major(1)
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2007, 09:33:28 am »
Thank you very mutch VirtualTT for help, and yes, the shading, the scenery and everything is poor and so ugly, because I'm a beginer mapmaker and I'm trying yet. But I'm advanceing... ;):)

Oh! I have an other question; how I can increase the size of colliders?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 10:23:22 am by Scrage »

Offline Toboshi

• Major(1)
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2007, 12:43:48 pm »
So no one is willing to help me with waypoints? ???

Offline Milenko

• Major(1)
    • Gage's Space
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2007, 01:39:43 pm »
OK, here's a screenshot of the map I need waypointed... (it's a CTF map)

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2007, 02:14:14 pm »
2 Toboshi: Ofcource everyone love Mario, but this map don't attract people - map has unconected polygons everywhere, colours are way too brite, layout isn't promising - it suites more to kz map, it's very difficult to waypoint (if it is possible...) and i don't think that someone will enjoy playing on it even with bots... Waypointing of it will defenatly take much more work and time then you spent on it... Are you sure yourself that it deserves to be waypoited - ?

2 Scrage&Milenko: I suggest to start mapmaking with smaller maps - about the size of arena 2. On such small map you can lern to use commont mapmeking techniques and to avoid most of mapmaking problems - just don't rush and pay attention to details. Ctf maps requres much more mapmaking  skills and *sense of layout*.
Don't be upset - first maps are usually quite ugly - there is nothing to be ashamed of...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 02:24:10 pm by VirtualTT »

Offline Milenko

• Major(1)
    • Gage's Space
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2007, 03:49:55 pm »
Also, when I join a game that is playing a map i dont have, it downloads it, but when people try to join my game with custom maps it says it cant be downloaded... Anyone know why?

Offline Toboshi

• Major(1)
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2007, 08:43:55 am »
2 Toboshi: Ofcource everyone love Mario, but this map don't attract people - map has unconected polygons everywhere, colours are way too brite, layout isn't promising - it suites more to kz map, it's very difficult to waypoint (if it is possible...) and i don't think that someone will enjoy playing on it even with bots... Waypointing of it will defenatly take much more work and time then you spent on it... Are you sure yourself that it deserves to be waypoited - ?

Thanks a lot!  I know I'm not that good at map making, but that was just mean.  I put a lot of work into that map but if you really think its that bad, I'll just scrap it. :-[ :'(

Date Posted: January 25, 2007, 05:28:49 PM
Sorry, I over reacted.  I can't tell where the unconnected polygons are, I don't see whats wrong with bright colors, I agree about the layout and could use some pointers, and whats a kz map?

if theres anything I can do to make this map fun, please let me know

Offline Scrage

• Major(1)
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2007, 09:14:46 am »
Thank's VirtualTT, I'm on it...

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2007, 06:40:12 am »
1. Unconected polygons:

These sharp apexs couse lags when players step over them and even can kill people in realistic mode. And gaps between polygons are looking ugly.
Polyworks has helpfull Snap to vertices and Snap to grid functions (in View menu) that help to avoid these wierd things.
2. Background colour make quite difficult to see buletts. And in underground it should be dark...
3. This map is flat and very long, it's almost impossible advance hiding from spray, and it has many bottlenecks...

4. kz_ (and  rc_) are climbing maps where you have to overcome different obstacles to get flag. The first person who do this wins. Example: RC_Oblivion

Offline Scrage

• Major(1)
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2007, 09:08:22 am »
Guys! How i can increase the size of colliders?! I don't find anything in the PolyWorks, no option to the colliders, how I see. Can someone help me??...

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2007, 11:31:38 pm »
Change the Radius number in the Palette window

Offline Scrage

• Major(1)
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2007, 04:23:07 am »
Thank's. At last.

Offline Toboshi

• Major(1)
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2007, 09:34:24 am »
I've been working hard on the Mario map but I just cant find the unconnected polygons.
can someone point them out to me?

Offline Sirius

• Major(1)
  • Personal Text
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2007, 06:04:38 am »
I have made a htf map called Coesas (you can find it in the dm/htf/other thingy) and I need help with WP's.
Can someone do it?
~!EL~ VshT
*The avatar is made by GamerCat

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2007, 06:57:11 am »
Uhm hey,

How can I transform textures, when I have more than one in a map? I mean, How can I say Where Wich texture's supposed to be? Because when I start with a map it fits, but when I load it again then it's totally out of position when I create new polys.

Date Posted: 20 March 2007, 15:21:28
And so, nobody's going to answer eh?

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2007, 11:31:57 am »
I think there are multiple ways to make multitextured polygons, but Mistercharles' Awsum Multitexturing Tutorial is by far the simplest. You'd have to simply remember what parts of the texture you were set to when continuing parts of large rocks, I guess, so quick sketches on the map would help with that, then ;) (Or you could just look at the last part of the texture used...)

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2007, 02:38:10 am »
1: I create a map.

2: I put spawnpoints in it.

3: I add sceneries to it.

And yet, as I add some sceneries, it always seem to be missing SOMETHING along the terms of sceneries.

Offline Sen

• Major(1)
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2007, 11:57:19 am »
I have a question....how do I make it so my polygons are solid objects? When I test my map, my guy just falls right through the land!

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2007, 06:44:50 pm »
Compile the map.

If you are using MapMaker or MapMaker Plus, compile and save. If you are using PolyWorks, just compile.

Offline Sen

• Major(1)
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2007, 11:49:32 am »
Compile the map.

If you are using MapMaker or MapMaker Plus, compile and save. If you are using PolyWorks, just compile.

THANK YOU!
but now, for some reason, there is a certain part of the map that sends me back to the spawnpoint :(
I think I can fix it though.