Author Topic: Makes no sense what-so-ever....  (Read 846 times)

Offline Rangedmage14

• Soldier
  • got water?
Makes no sense what-so-ever....
« on: January 12, 2008, 08:25:14 pm »
I gave my computer a virus scan late last night, I had 9 virus's total, since I hadn't taken a virus scan for a month or so and it was mainly my virus protection subscription ended, so I needed to renew it and it didn't automatically sweep for me, I'd keep forgetting. Also, I was told ARSSE has been proven to have a trojan. Well, anyways, I'd remembered to virus scan, so I did. 9 Virus's total. I deleted them, next day my soldat doesn't work... It doesn't say anything either, it opens normally right away and before it lets me choose my profile, it minimizes sort of when you press F9, and I see it on the taskbar so I go to click it, but right when my mouse goes over it, the little soldat button disappears.
Same with my music, I went to turn them on, but it said I had no proper hardware installed, said I had no speakers. I wanted to punch my computer, I wanted to smash it up and say, "You can't tell me if I have speakers or not!" This is so strange, it all worked before my virus scan, right when I got rid of my virus' they stopped working... did my virus' some how leave something with my computer. I am running another virus scan right now, hoping the reason was just I got another virus that didn't let my computer run compatible with anything.
I'm not so worried about my music, I can play without that, but why does soldat close up all of a sudden?

P.S. Do I sound smart talking with proper grammar and spelling because someone told me I sounded a lot better back when I talked like this: i m runnin a virus scan rite now nd my lags crazy its neva laged lik this b4
Respect All
Fear None

El_Spec

Re: Makes no sense what-so-ever....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 08:35:16 pm »
I'm taking a guess that a virus has somehow attached itself to Soldat and is preventing it from running.  There have been reports of it, but most of them tell us that those viruses remain anonymous. 

Not only to make Soldat run again, but for the sake of your system, reinstalling Windows would seem to be the best solution.  Unless you're able to track down the virus that is specifically causing the trouble.

Posting in sentences with correct spelling and proper grammar doesn't necessarily make you sound smarter, it just makes what you're trying to say easier to read.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 08:59:53 pm »
Go to Soldat Config, select "No sound" from sound settings and report back. Alternatively reinstall Windows.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Rangedmage14

• Soldier
  • got water?
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 11:58:05 am »
This was strange... I restarted my computer and everything works fine now....
Respect All
Fear None

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 06:23:16 pm »
Posting in sentences with correct spelling and proper grammar doesn't necessarily make you sound smarter, it just makes what you're trying to say easier to read.

Your post was a lot easier to read RangedMage compared to your others.

The mighty restart fixes all! Can I ask what virus scan you use?
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 11:58:57 am »
I strongly suggest you read this post: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=23422.msg272984#msg272984
P.S. Do I sound smart talking with proper grammar and spelling because someone told me I sounded a lot better back when I talked like this: i m runnin a virus scan rite now nd my lags crazy its neva laged lik this b4

When people talk like you used to, I almost never help them.

Offline Rangedmage14

• Soldier
  • got water?
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 05:11:41 pm »
xD point taken, and I use 3... Norton Internet Security and Antivirus, Webroot spysweeper, and TrendMicro Antivirus
Respect All
Fear None

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 06:15:33 pm »
You should never have more than one antivirus program installed/running at one.  Choose one to use.

Using multiple AV softwares at once will have a large impact on the performance of your computer

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 10:15:26 pm »
Also, I was told ARSSE has been proven to have a trojan.

That is absolutely incorrect, ARSSE does not have, and has never had, a trojan, so long as you have acquired it from a trusted site.