Author Topic: Warhammer 40k: (Series II)  (Read 28316 times)

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
Re: Warhammer 40k: (Series II)
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2006, 07:56:50 am »
Ey ya mate how you been on the kroot majiggy rifle yeah thats right kroot rifle sorry bout that. Man warhammer mod is well put together.

Bad grammar. >_<  I agree, this is very well put together.  I just wish that it had some .ini modifications.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2006, 04:18:10 am »
we got an update on the expansion. I am planning to change the interface of the pack to an ork theme. any ideas? Also i am designing a kroot style rifle...

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2006, 04:45:50 am »
Dude, I love this mod, I collect 40K, have a big Black Templars army, anyway I d/led it, and I found the reloading gun sound effects were unchanged, now according to Anubis, they sould be changed, so I downloaded again and reinstalled/extracted files, whatever you wanna call it, anyway the reload sounds still remained the same as the orgininal Soldat ones, help?

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2006, 06:53:09 am »
no lol they will be changed in the expansion pack lol. Atm im just fixing a few bugs and colure issues, then we are gonna add in the new gosteks and then tadah! we are ready! lol

Offline zer0nix

• Major(1)
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2006, 08:46:56 am »
hmm... does this mod use some of the same sounds as the mecha mod or has my install of the 40k mod been borked because of the mecha mod?

EDIT: alright, i found the source of the problem. apparently the mecha mod changed a lot of soldat's default graphical and audio effects that the 40k mod borrows from, such as 'hit' and blood effects and the chainsaw sound (on a side note, the default chainsaw sounds a bit rough for a chainsword of the 41st millenium). i humbly request that you include more custom effects to counteract this.

this is a fantastic mod! i really love the gosteks and the way the races look. seriously, these are some of the best player models i've seen to date. i'm not sure if the reload sounds are the defaults but it does sound like it from here.

overall, i'm very impressed; y'all done a fantastic job thus far.

if you're going with an ork theme, i suggest rough swathes of red and white paint on rusting metal and random bits of checkerboard.

EDIT: minor bug: the weapons names for the gauss flaver and lawbringer seem to be reversed on the menu, as are the heavy bolter and burst cannon and storm bolter and hellgun.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 10:19:53 am by zer0nix »

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2006, 12:31:56 pm »
we diddnt really do anything with the reload sounds, all we changed were the fire effect. so that is probably why we inadvertantly ended up with mecha soldat sounds. to be honest, i diddnt realy notice it!

Offline SpazP3ck3r

• Major
  • WAAAAAAARRRGHHHH!!!!!
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2006, 08:27:05 am »
This mod is wicked, need i say more
The heavy bolter is esspecially auesome!
My personal theory on this topic is that when you walk out of the room, old people start dancing.

CoD 2: The Last Hurrah | A WWII Conversion for Soldat:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=7251.0

Offline Anubis

• Camper
  • The End is Near
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2006, 06:37:57 pm »
yea i have to release a fix for that Heavy bolter

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2006, 08:01:30 am »
ty lol im almost ready to release our next expansion! lol

Offline FlagshipVG

• Major
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2006, 12:50:27 pm »
I see_=/

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2006, 10:26:21 am »
Ok! All weapons for the expansion are now completed! Please look to the general discussions section for more info and to see the selection. (There are also many more that are not shown!)

The only thing left to do is add 1 more gostek! woo!

Offline Mac2492

• Major(1)
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2006, 08:31:14 pm »
This is a great mod... My only question is... Do the weapons actually fire differently, or are do they just look different? I can't find a weapon.ini file anywhere, but that might be because of the fact that you can select what weapons to use...

EDIT: Off-topic, but why do I have -1 karma? Does it start off like that? (I assumed that it started off at 0... I guess somebody gave me negative karma. That'd odd.)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 09:21:27 pm by Mac2492 »

Offline Insane Sanity

• Major(1)
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2006, 10:37:31 pm »
Wow, that is a nice piece of work. Maybe you could make a third series sometime in the future. This is very impressing.

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2006, 07:52:37 pm »
The Expansion set is now complete it should be in this section! or click the link underneath my banner

Offline Sgt.Colwell

• Soldier
  • Last of a dying breed
« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2007, 09:45:26 am »
Ok didnt find the orks on this one
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Albert Einstein