Author Topic: LandWarrior 3.0!  (Read 41254 times)

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
Re: LandWarrior 2.0
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 10:18:08 am »
o_o

I just played this for the first time...

The balance is perfect.
The flow is perfect.
The speed is perfect.

I can't NOT sing this mod's praises.

This...

Is the absolute best mod on the site.
Everything just WORKS.
Please, no drastic changes.
It would ruin perfection.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 10:30:53 am »
Thank you very much, mxyzptlk. You have no idea how great that makes me feel. ^_^

I made this mod primarily for my own enjoyment. It has all the guns I like, with sounds I like, and plays how I wanted to play Soldat. It's great to know that others enjoy it, too.

Oh, and you're going in my sig now, BTW  ;)
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 10:44:44 am »
Ahh. Testimonials.
Nice tactic.

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
  • Ever wonder what R2-D2 is doing now?
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 11:48:43 am »
Also played for 1st time now, i must say all ingame things are perfect. But your interface guns could use some improvement.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 12:21:15 pm »
Working on that now. I'll prolly wait a day or two before releasing, though, so I can have more than just a few graphic changes for the next version. But hey, I'd rather have superb gameplay and less superb graphics than have them the other way around, no? Anyone who says otherwise needs to go play Far Cry. Or Doom3.

Heh. Is that considered low? Oh, well.

Anyone notice I replaced the "Bloody Soil" song with a new one? I would have replaced the other two, but Soldat gave me boatloads of errors when I tried.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 12:27:16 pm by Taehl »
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 12:40:37 pm »
Whoa, did I read that right? You have a health indicator for the enemy, too??
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 02:12:00 pm »
Yep. Every soldat on screen has one, if you choose it. You could make it so you only saw the enemies', and not those of your own team, if you wanted. Or vice-versa.

Speaking of which, I still have no comments for whether I should make the indicator fade green to red, or green to nothing.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 02:15:54 pm »
How about in the next version you have both? It couldn't hurt.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 02:23:37 pm »
Okay, sure. I suppose that means you like my 'Customizable Stuff' idea?

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 02:48:33 pm »
i like the mod, but on the MK.48, i thought that the little doohicky coming off the top was more of a cone

EDIT: Someone may  have said this, but quite frankly this is literally the only thing i noticed that was wrong with the mod. A+ Work! ;D
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2007, 02:56:12 pm »
Okay, sure. I suppose that means you like my 'Customizable Stuff' idea?
Definately.

Best modding idea I've seen.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2007, 03:25:11 pm »
T-Bone:
Nope, the doohickey is a handle, a rod.

Uh, yea, that one's got icicles hanging off it it and its belt is a solid block of ice. That's a pic from "winter trials" (which it apparently passed). Any wonders why I chose this gun?

And the compliments are very appreciated  ^^

EDIT) Speaking of the Mk. 48, I need a stylistic choice from you guys.

A         ... or...         B   ?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 04:15:08 pm by Taehl »

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2007, 05:26:00 pm »
A, no doubt about it. Having a rail system makes no sense if you've got nothing on it.
Also, I think you need to redo the clip on the USAS-12's interface picture. It looks bad to me, as I've said before. There shouldn't be any absolute black on the inside of the weapon.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2007, 05:57:00 pm »
Actually, in pic B I meant it to be the hole-filled tube around the base of the barrel that some machineguns have (like it does in the frozen pic), but it doesn't matter. Anyone else have an opinion?

I've been going about and giving /every/ weapon a touchup, mainly making them look less like they're on a showroom table.

I /have/ made the shading more apparent on the USAS-12's drum (to make it look less flat), however, I'm keeping the outline. See, I believe that outlines sometimes deserve to be on the 'inside' of a pic, especially when there's a large gap and/or difference in depth. It's just my style. Merely tracing around the outside of something makes it look, to me, like the outline is just tacked on, isn't integral.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2007, 08:07:32 pm »
B looks... cooler, although I see A more often :)

I just downloaded this mod and MAN! THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2007, 09:24:39 pm »
Although I liked the fact that you used UT sound effects, I had to replace some sfx files because they get annoying (like explosion-erg).  I love everything else, though.  Looking forward to the new version.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2007, 09:40:39 pm »
Try playing this mod on lagrange in R/S with 5 bots (or against 5 players, if there is a server running it)

Is there a server running it?

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2007, 10:29:21 pm »
I don't have the slightest clue how to run a server, let alone good bandwidth, if that's what you're asking. If somebody else ran a server, though, that would be very nice.

Eagles:
Heh, nice to see another UT99 fan. You still play it? I'd suggest you do some CTF and INF in LandWarrior for some more nostalgia  ;)

Offline Sir Fragsalot

• Major(1)
  • I reject your reality and assert my own.
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2007, 11:28:31 pm »
Looks great, but I can't get it to work.  It works fine in the menus, but once I start a game, the screen goes black and I have to ctrl+alt+delete my way out of it.  I can hear the sound and everything, but there's no piscture.  Please help!
The death of one man is a tragedy.  The death of a thousand is a statistic.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2007, 11:54:25 pm »
This sounds more like a Soldat problem than a problem from my mod. Does regular Soldat run right? Do you have an old video card? Have you tried setting Soldat to use compatability mode? Are you running Windows Vista, or Linux?