Author Topic: LandWarrior 3.0!  (Read 41270 times)

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
Re: LandWarrior 2.0
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2007, 01:50:30 am »
Get off Antialiasing option. One way and common is work.

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2007, 03:47:17 am »
Game play = [(lim x->infinity  (x^2)/(x-1)]/10

your new glock looks LOADS better than your previous =]

keep it up!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 03:49:00 am by Shivorken »
[/url]

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2007, 09:06:40 am »
Glad you enjoy the mod ^_^

As per suggestions, I've gone and made overbright guns (and parts) darker, less matte, and have slight color variation to help remove the 'fresh-out-of-the-box' and 'on a showroom table' look (as well as "the guns are all grey" (but don't get me wrong, they /are/ still grey. Just less completely grey)).

So you guys wouldn't like any more balancing to gameplay to be done? Even the GM-94 is okay?

Oh, and if anyone wants a suggestion of what they'd rather have instead of the bomb, feel free. The fact bots can't use it right bugs me. But, then again, it /is/ bizarrely satisfying to use it. But even so. Perhaps a small mortar?
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2007, 09:21:58 am »
GM is really great, the sounds are amazing!

I don't like one thing of TRG-22, have the same sound of the Ruger 77 of the real game and the Benelli Nova is really similar :/

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2007, 09:56:02 am »
Actually, I didn't use any of Soldat's original weapon sounds. Are they similar? I just grabbed and remixed things in my library that sounded good to me.

Oh, and BTW, the healthbar fading to transparent idea doesn't work (apparently ranny morda is just drawn on top of regular morda) so that won't be an option. Sorry.
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2007, 10:09:42 am »
What you could do is not have the green blot on top of morda, but have ranny-morda have a red blot; it would be the opposite of what you were thinking (transparent to red), this time, a red blot appears above all wounded figure, marking them for easy kills.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2007, 10:12:58 am »
Uh, I was wanting the /opposite/ of that, to give an /advantage/ to wounded players. Yes? I mean, it would be nice to have a little bonus in the stealth department if you're gonna die in one hit.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2007, 10:22:43 am »
Well but the game play is really nice and i love play with it, the sounds are really amazing, and the gosteks more :D

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2007, 10:35:21 am »
Uh, I was wanting the /opposite/ of that, to give an /advantage/ to wounded players. Yes? I mean, it would be nice to have a little bonus in the stealth department if you're gonna die in one hit.

Good thinking, I wasn't aware that was your intention when I read about it at first.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2007, 10:56:03 am »
So you guys wouldn't like any more balancing to gameplay to be done? Even the GM-94 is okay?

Oh, and if anyone wants a suggestion of what they'd rather have instead of the bomb, feel free. The fact bots can't use it right bugs me. But, then again, it /is/ bizarrely satisfying to use it. But even so. Perhaps a small mortar?
I was honestly suprised how well balanced the gm-94 was. The extremely sharp arc and prefire delay take away any advantage that having three shots would have. It is still incredibly useful though. If you want to consider any weapon for rebalancing, consider the USAS. I can just plow through enemies with it.

the bomb... Yeah, a small mortar would work.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2007, 11:40:14 am »
Actually, the limited range of the GM-94 was inspired by the fact that the gun was designed for urban, short-range encounters (hence, it fires HE rounds instead of Frag rounds).

Anyway, I've been looking up mortars. This is about the only decent thing I could find, but meh. I was thinking: Since secondary weapon 4 (LAW / SMAW) requires you to be crouched or prone, wouldn't it be a better thing to change into a mortar, and move the SMAW to the bomb's slot (since you can fire a SMAW whilst standing)? But then again, a SMAW and a mortar would be rather boringly similar.

So I'm thinking, perhaps it would be best to replace the SMAW with a mortar (since you can't limit the angle of fire, you could use a mortar just like the SMAW), though I wish I could find a more modern mortar. And I still end up with the question of what to do with the bomb.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2007, 11:47:31 am »
Did that for another mod of mine; an interesting thing to note would be that if you set the velocity to a low figure (forcing the player to arc the shot like a real mortar) the missile is often bugged and does no damage, even on a direct hit (not sure if I had to set the damage to an extremely high figure to circumvent though). If you make the velocity a bit higher, then most people would use it as a direct shot weapon. You decide though, that's just my experience. =\ Perhaps they fixed the low-velocity missile bug in 1.4.1.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2007, 11:51:20 am »
Isn't the GM like a mortar anyway? Do we really need another arced explosive?
Another idea for 'Saw...

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2007, 11:55:23 am »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2007, 12:11:54 pm »
i actually just found one, possibly two problems that just showed up on the mod for me. It could be me being stupid, but I'm not sure. 

First:  When you throw the M79 (GM-94), it disappears.  You can still get it off the ground, but it is completely invisible till then. I think this is probably an error with me installing the mod, but still.

Second: I noticed when you throw the force x2, that they turn into normal deagles in mid air. Yet again i bet this is my fault, but if it isn't i thought it should be addressed.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2007, 12:15:15 pm »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2007, 12:18:20 pm »
T-Bone, I haven't D/L'd LandWarrior yet but it sounds to me like some files are missing or were inadvertantly neglected...

Check if the graphics "m79.bmp" and "m79-2.bmp" are empty. If they are, copy "M79-clip.bmp" and "M79-clip-2.bmp" into them.

As for your Force pistols, the graphics for n-desertegle and n-deserteagle-2 must have been neglected; you can copy deserteagle and deserteagle-2 into them for now.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2007, 12:37:01 pm »
mxyzptlk:
No, I've figured out how to make the 'nade launcher and the mortar work /very/ differently. The launcher is a short-range support weapon (for thinning the enemy ranks and firing over hills), and the mortar will be a long-range (max range of 1.5 screens) suppression weapon (force the enemy to move to cover or attack before they're ready).

espadon & mxyzptlk:
If you read a little further in that thread, you would have seen what I had to say about that idea:
Just keep in mind that friendly fire must be on, and that bots don't understand the idea very well... My mod used to have a healing tool, but my bots always tended to promptly blow my face off with a shotgun after I'd healed them (they think you're hurting them, so they retaliate).

T-Bone:
GM-94 and Forces ground-image both fixed - thanks for finding those, I hadn't noticed!

espadon (again):
Yea, I just figured it out before you said that. Thanks for the help, though!

In other news, the mortar is surprisingly fun. The SMAW will be replaced. Don't fret, though, I won't stop you from using the mortar like a rocket launcher, however... Let's just say it'll be even more effective if used like a mortar...  ;)

So... Anyone know of a modern, good-looking mortar?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 12:40:57 pm by Taehl »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2007, 12:51:17 pm »
Okay, thought this mod was actually Online-capability oriented (not like mine lol).

Not much about mortars though, they're pretty much all metal tubes.
I like this one: Looks like a US M252 81mm mortar:

CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2007, 01:06:45 pm »
Online capability? Heh, if online is fun, that's a great bonus. This mod, first and foremost, is for me, and I don't have a connection capable of online play  :P

That M252 looks quite nice, but it's served by five people... Anything out there which only one or two people can operate?