Author Topic: LandWarrior 3.0!  (Read 41262 times)

Offline Hello There

• Soldier
Re: LandWarrior 2.0
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2007, 12:42:17 am »
This is the best mod i have ever played. I did find one fault however;

While wearing dog tags, looking in the direction labeled "right" you seem not to be wearing dog tags on a chain, but instead of a dog tag there seems to be a cigar. Lol.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2007, 01:09:48 am »
Uhh, wow. Strange. You're right, the camo gostek had a cigar instead of a dogtag when facing one way. Fixed.

Skykanden, what did you do that for?
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2007, 02:07:19 am »
What i did?

i dunno of what are you talking about

what i can do?

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2007, 05:54:17 am »
I've already fixed it. I was just wondering why you did that in the first place.
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2007, 09:31:54 am »
Okay, how is it now? (pic was updated)

Excellent.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2007, 04:28:09 pm »
If you're looking for a good idea for a LandWarrior server, try doing a Team Match in CTF maps. This would simulate two enemy factions fighting each other after being deployed. They would then search through the map and try to eliminate all resistance. You could turn on Survival mode, if you wanted to. Maybe make a script which ends the round every two minutes.
I think you can get this done by just futzing around with the map list and game mode settings of the server. I know that it can be done manually with the /gamemode command.

Sounds like the new version is going to be great. I've yet to play offline with this, but it works nicely online. My complaints are sound-effect related.
  • The sound that plays when someone scores in Infiltration mode is the same sound as when someone gets or returns the flag.
  • I don't like most of the UT sound effects. Their sci-fi sounds don't fit in nicely with the modern feel of the game. You could look at some of the sound effects in Special Force for an idea. It's got radio calls for the flag-related sound effects.
  • You're using the Counter-Strike AK-47 sound effect for the TRG-22. I'd prefer it if you could find something with a little more "umpph" to it. I attached the sniper rifle fire sound from Reaction (a Quake 3 mod) which I think fits the mod better.
Otherwise, the presentation of the mod is great. I like the "Customizable Stuff" folder and of course, the interface with the information is probably the coolest part of the mod.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2007, 06:38:19 pm »
Thanks for the server suggestion. I passed it along, and it does sound like fun.

Sounds:
* Fixed. Thanks for notifying me.
* I like the suggestion about radio calls for the sounds, however, I don't have any way to produce them, and can't find any that would work for it. And I don't really like the SF sounds. I would definitely use new ones if I had some I like, though.
* I do? Could be. Think I added the "Counter-Life" mod's sounds to my library at one time. However... This "uhpph" you like... Honestly, big bass-filled sounds in sniper rifles (and revolvers) bug me. Also remember that the Scout, Mk.48, and TRG-22 all fire the same round - it wouldn't make sense to have one of them sound radically different.

EDIT) Okay, I've got something. What would you guys think if I made a batch of sounds like the one attached? It's several HL2 sounds hacked together (if you can't tell what is being said, it's "sector overrun, repeat, sector overrun, go active and intercept."), but it's better than UT capture sounds... Plus, I think it sounds damn cool.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 07:43:26 pm by Taehl »

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2007, 09:21:49 pm »
* I do? Could be. Think I added the "Counter-Life" mod's sounds to my library at one time. However... This "uhpph" you like... Honestly, big bass-filled sounds in sniper rifles (and revolvers) bug me. Also remember that the Scout, Mk.48, and TRG-22 all fire the same round - it wouldn't make sense to have one of them sound radically different.
But the sniper fires it at a much higher velocity, thus the more powerful sound.
Beside, it just doesn't sound right for a sniper to sound like an assault rifle.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2007, 09:45:24 pm »
But we're talking the 7.62 round, which /is/ used for some assault rifles. Furthermore, 7.62 travels at 11m/s SLOWER than 5.56, the standard assault rifle round! Its greater mass is what makes it better for long ranges.

By your logic, then shouldn't I make the assault rifles have more "umpph" than the sniper rifle? ;)

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2007, 09:57:56 pm »
But the sniper rifle is designed for high power, as opposed to assault rifles being designed for automatic fire.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2007, 11:18:29 pm »
I could start a long, dry, academic debate dragging from military doctrine to physics to acoustics, but I'll save us all with something much simpler:

This is my mod, which I make, above all, for myself. I prefer the sound it has now, so that'll remain the official one. Feel free to change yours, but I'm keeping this one over the one you offered.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2007, 11:20:30 pm »
I've started to use this and I have to say that it is one of the best mods I've played. Really nice looking and it feels nice.
And yes, maybe make the sniper rifle have a bit more of a bang, it feels more right...

Offline fuzz+strat

• Major(1)
  • LandWarrior FTW
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2007, 02:26:10 am »
And no line on the sniper rifle? :(

nvm  ;D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 03:18:28 am by fuzz+strat »
IGN = sheebs

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2007, 10:38:29 am »
Okay, thought I'd tell you all that I have the mortar (an M224) balanced nicely. A key part of this is that you only get to fire six shells from it before you have to 'resupply' - which takes 30 seconds of holding the empty mortar. This should deal with any potential spammage issues, especially in large team games. I think the mortar will add a bit of fresh air to Soldat team games - especially that popular type called 'trench wars'.

No comments on that sound I posted a little while back? If you guys would prefer sounds like that for CTF and INF, I'll make a batch of them.

And I'm still trying to think of what to do with the bomb... I figure I'll release an update when I have it replaced.

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2007, 11:11:08 am »
Hmm i have just 1 question...how do i use that red sniper line? i dont know in wich folder it is and what the name of that file is..so lol could u pleas help?

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2007, 11:15:19 am »
It's [modname]/Interface-gfx/sight.bmp (or .png). It happens to be the only file that I know of in that directory which can be changed without needing to overwrite the file in Soldat/Interface-gfx.

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
  • Ever wonder what R2-D2 is doing now?
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2007, 12:07:48 pm »
Also the usas is a bit funny online, the sounds not right

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2007, 12:15:17 pm »
What do you mean? How is it different from singleplayer?

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
  • Ever wonder what R2-D2 is doing now?
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2007, 12:18:43 pm »
I meant that it feels strnge carrying a massive auto shotty but actuall using a minigun, the sounds just don't match.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2007, 12:26:40 pm »
Wait, do you mean that you're playing on a server that isn't running LandWarrior? That because of that, the USAS fires like the minigun, but still sounds like the USAS?

I can't control how guns work on any server that isn't running my mod. My best suggestion is to ask the server admin to consider running LandWarrior. If that fails, you could copy over the regular Soldat minigun sounds (minigun-empty.wav, minigun-end.wav, minigun-fire.wav, minigun-reload.wav, and minigun-start.wav).

And if you're trying to suggest I change the USAS to a minigun of some sort, the answer, plain and simple, is "no, sorry".