Author Topic: LandWarrior 3.0!  (Read 41253 times)

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
  • Ever wonder what R2-D2 is doing now?
Re: LandWarrior 2.0
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2007, 12:38:51 pm »
Lol, yes its just the sound really, anyway, it would be nice if there were Landwarrior servers...

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2007, 12:47:04 pm »
I did say some posts ago that there would soon be an official LandWarrior server, hosted by my friend Ensayia. We're still taking map suggestions.
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

Offline imacheater2k7

• Soldier
  • Your friendly neighborhood semi-goth.
    • New VGN
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2007, 02:17:27 pm »
Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!! It was worth the wait with my crappy dial-up. You made Soldat better than ever! Looking forward to your newest release. Thanks.

Offline Sir Fragsalot

• Major(1)
  • I reject your reality and assert my own.
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2007, 04:43:14 pm »
Get off Antialiasing option. One way and common is work.
This sounds more like a Soldat problem than a problem from my mod. Does regular Soldat run right? Do you have an old video card? Have you tried setting Soldat to use compatability mode? Are you running Windows Vista, or Linux?
Turning of antialiasing didn't work.  Soldat runs fine without the mod, and I'm running Windows XP.
The death of one man is a tragedy.  The death of a thousand is a statistic.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2007, 05:33:52 pm »
What about your video card? Is it stupidly old? Is it an ATI? Have you bothered testing my mod on Soldat with various backbuffer and/or troubleshooting options enabled?
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist

Offline Sir Fragsalot

• Major(1)
  • I reject your reality and assert my own.
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2007, 06:29:57 pm »
My video card is not old.  Does your mod have different hardware reqs than unmodded Soldat?  ???  What setup settings do you use?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 06:32:38 pm by Sir Fragsalot »
The death of one man is a tragedy.  The death of a thousand is a statistic.

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2007, 02:01:22 am »
It's [modname]/Interface-gfx/sight.bmp (or .png). It happens to be the only file that I know of in that directory which can be changed without needing to overwrite the file in Soldat/Interface-gfx.

Thnx :D

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2007, 11:16:02 am »
As far as I know, it's impossible for a mod to make Soldat require different specs, unless you have an ancient card which might not like alpha-shading, but then again, default Soldat uses alpha-shaded bullets.

From my soldat.ini
Code: [Select]
[GAME]
Fullscreen=1
Debug_Mode=0
Console_Show=1
Console_Deaths=1

[GRAPHICS]
Adapter=1
Color_Depth=32
Refresh_Rate=High
Dithering=0
Swap_Effect=1
BackBuffers=2
Interface_Status_Alpha=200
Gradient_Background=0
Compatibility=0
Antialiasing=1
Texture_Filter=3
Software=0
Bonus_Colors=1
Max_Particles=557
Bullet_Trails=1
Player_Indicator=0
Sniper_Line=1
Weather=1
Interface=Default
Smooth_Edges=1
Window_Resize=0
Screen_Width=640
Screen_Height=480
Resize_Filter=3
Gamma=100
MiniMap_Transparency=230

And I still can't think of anything to replace the bomb... Nobody has any ideas?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 11:18:44 am by Taehl »

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2007, 04:49:35 pm »
For a chainsaw replacement, how 'bout a sawed-off shotgun? It would fire 4 or 5 shotgun blasts rapidly at a low speed and the chainsaw-fire image could be the muzzle flash. I haven't tried it, but in theory it should work.
Or, just make some kind of heavy melee weapon. Some kind of tazer, maybe?
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2007, 05:26:41 pm »
As for a taser, what would it do? Aside from sounds and graphics, how could it be so different from the knife? I'd seriously consider it if I could make the ragdolls of tasered soldaten dance around (like the super gravity gun of HL2 does to victims), but I can't.

The shotgun idea, though... Sounds /much/ better than the bomb to me. Anyone second it?

EDIT) If we're going with the sawn-off shotgun (or "entry shotgun", this mod being a military one  ;) ), I'd use one of these:

Generic sawn-off double-barrel

Ithaca 37 'Stakeout'

Remington 870MCS

Vote for which you like better. Or for another one. Or for keeping the bomb. Or for other suggestions, whatever. The only downside of a shotgun is that Soldat will force it to be automatic, rather than semi-auto, but I'd make the refire rate be appropriate. This wouldn't pose any problem for a double-barrel, though, since I'm tricky, only a slight problem for the single-barrel with a magazine shotguns.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 06:25:03 pm by Taehl »

Offline fuzz+strat

• Major(1)
  • LandWarrior FTW
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2007, 08:01:24 pm »
Just thought I'd mention: This is my #1 mod. Absolutely great job, Taehl.

A recommendation: The Glock sounds like a pop gun. Could you give it a little more authority? :D
IGN = sheebs

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2007, 08:02:58 pm »
I'd vote for the bomb. Sawed off, in my view, just doesn't work right because of how the chainsaw has a kill-entity thing, like the M2. The only way to increase the range past melee before the bullets disappear is to increase the speed, which, with shotguns, automatically increases throwback recoil...
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2007, 08:36:29 pm »
Thanks, fuzz. Accolades are very good for my low self-confidence. to show my appreciation, expect the Glock to sound a little less wimpy in 2.1.

Espadon:
I thought the same about the cutoff, but it apparently doesn't affect shotgun bullets. Try it yourself. When I offer to add something to my mod, it usually means that I've already given it a rough test.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 08:43:52 pm by Taehl »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2007, 08:43:12 pm »
All right, thanks for the correction. I had tested it out with explosive entities and bullets before, but not birdshot, so I just made the assumption. No jetpacks then?
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2007, 08:47:03 pm »
From what I have now? Not at all. As a matter of fact, to emphasize its CQB state, it'll fire shot at around speed 100 (even slower than normal shot from the Nova and USAS).

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2007, 08:49:59 pm »
Sorry, I didn't mean jetpack as a verb. I was just trying to brainstorm other ideas for a bomb replacement (which I think is not really necessary). I was thinking of a short-range jetpack, not too fast, not too much fuel "ammo."
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2007, 08:56:08 pm »
I see. No, I don't like that idea too much, sorry. I'd wanted to perhaps have "extra nades" instead of the bomb, but the cutoff dealt with that quite neatly (that is, quite messily).

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2007, 09:26:04 pm »
A sawn off would work very, very well as a replacement. The zombie bots I have would like it as well.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Dev1200

• Major
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2007, 11:33:54 pm »
Does this work with 1.4? >_>

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2007, 03:58:36 am »
Does this work with 1.4? >_>

Yes. Its even re-made after 1.4 came out.