Poll

Typeface [Page 45]

Pirulen
22 (50%)
Battlefield
22 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Halo Legendary Trilogy [In developement]  (Read 133881 times)

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
Re: Halo Legendary Trilogy |Multiplayer BETA Released|
« Reply #160 on: July 01, 2007, 09:12:32 am »
Ah, I found it now ~'.'~

Oh yeah, is there any documentation for what each of the hats/hair sets are supposed to be?
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
« Reply #161 on: July 01, 2007, 10:23:49 am »
OOOO Beta!!!!!!! oooooOOO!!!!!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #162 on: July 01, 2007, 10:27:09 am »
Oh dear, I forgot about that. Normal = MJOLNIR, Dreadlocks = Flood, I think Mr.T = SPI/EVA helm and Punk is an Elite helmet (or an unfinished Elite helmet at least), and Helmet = ODST helmet, and Hat = Marine Helmet.

Btw I'm gonna remove the small text under the names, it seemed like a neat idea, but not everyone uses BankGothicLt as their font so yeah (and it was a b*tch to align too).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 10:28:55 am by .·: êšþãÐøñ :·. »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
  • 3.14159265358979, mmm... pi
Re: Halo Legendary Trilogy |Multiplayer BETA Released [Page 8]|
« Reply #163 on: July 01, 2007, 05:05:08 pm »
wouldn't the sentinel beam be a good replacement for the flamer? or the scarab gun *drools*

And wheres the SPNKR (does it have the "attention: hold like this" decal on the side :P )
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 05:13:14 pm by Kavukamari »
"Be mindful of fame, show a mighty courage, watch against foes. Nor shalt thou lack what thou desirest, if with thy life thou hast comest out from that heroic task."

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #164 on: July 01, 2007, 06:17:03 pm »
And wheres the SPNKR

Repeat after me, everyone.

THIS BETA DOES ~***NOT NOT NOT NOT***~ HAVE THE FULL WEAPONS SET

CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Grimreck

• Major
  • The RYNO is back: be smart! Be afraid!!
« Reply #165 on: July 01, 2007, 06:35:07 pm »
ok i had a go of the beta and here is what i think:

-drake needler: hell cool, i love the needle bullets the look so coll
-m6g: looks good, handles well, havn't played halo3 so can't tell you how acurate it tis lol
-M7 SMG: good, like the recoli, feels like the real thing
-MA5C: love it, mabey a bit other powered could kill so peopel with only 13-18 shots
-Needler: ok, bullets don't look as good as the drakes thoguh ;D to bad all the weapons have gravity cause the needles are a bit fast
-M90: Good balanced, really good for taking out rambos
-Spartan laser: didn't get to use it much, of only it had a longer fire
-brute: bullest need to go a bit faster, and i thougt it had 4 shoots per clip
-SRS99D: Love the rof perfect for the bullest becuase theu only half kill the person, reasnoble reload as well
-Plasma rifle: yeah good, possibly a slower rate of fire though
-AIE HMG: needs a little more accuracy but still ok

-plasam pistol: Charged shots interesting, mabey you could have a normal shot version
-plasma sword: DIE BOOGIE MAN!! I wounder why no ones made the PSword a knife?

Some weapons to add in final version:
Spiker
brute plasam (shouldn't be to hard)
sentianl beam
scarbe gun (as bouns weapon)
Halo1 fuel rod

Final verdic
Love it!! keep up the good work!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #166 on: July 01, 2007, 08:22:22 pm »
Ah, here's a clarification:
Every Halo weapon ever wieldable (even oddball!) will be included in the final mod.
The mod will be install in two folders: The Halo Singleplayer and Halo Multiplayer. The Multiplayer will have a fixed, conventional weaponset, much like the one in the beta, and will be run from Start.exe. The multiplayer will also have an abbreviated gostek set, much like the one you're using right now also. The Singleplayer set will have a config.exe to swap around every Halo weapon ever made, and also extended gostek sets. I hope that clears any concerns.

The reason why the Needler's shots look "bad" was because it wasn't designed to shoot bullets. In the Singleplayer version, the Needler shoots needle arrows, just like the Drake Needler. However, to keep it conventional, I reverted the Needler to fire bullets in the Beta.

The MA5C is both overpowered and underpowered. It's high rate of fire allows you to kill people reasonably easily, however, the small clip does not allow you to kill multiple enemies as efficiently. I've balanced most weapons so that one clip kills about 2 people; however, the MA5C allows barely that, and often, it allows just one kill. I'm not comfortable with it either, to tell the truth.

It is possible to get a one-hit kill with the M90 if you get a perfect point-blank headshot. I do believe it is also possible to manage the same with the SRS99D.

The Brute Shot originally went quite fast, but I nerfed it down so it would be more balanced. However, I can raise the speed back up again if you think the inaccuracy balances it out okay. The Halo 3 Brute Shot has 6 shots instead of 4.

Do you like the single Drake Needler or the Dual? (single can be accessed by removing bow.png and bow2.png)

The Energy Sword does not work well in the place of a knife, because you can't chuck a Energy Sword in Halo, but mostly of alignment issues. The Esword is just too tall for a knife.

I can make a non-overcharged Plasma Pistol, but the idea was to use the P-pistol with another weapon, like the M6Gs. Normally, it takes 4 shot (3 headshots) to kill, but with the Plasma Pistol, you can manage kills much faster. I also used overcharge as an excuse to lower the ammo to 8, so to balance it with the melee weapons and the similarly ammo-limited M41.

I'll extend the ROF of the Spartan Laser and the Plasma Rifle. The range of the Plasma Rifle is okay, right?

Allow me to settle the thing with the flamer:
Very few weapons can take the place of the flamer. Why? Because the flamer cannot accept bullets -- they look invisible because there aren't any bullet files for the flamer. therefore the only thing it can shoot are M79 nades, Nades, Cluster/submunitions, Arrows, and Missiles. Among them, the 3 grenade types are ruled out because it would duplicate other weapons, which leaves us with the Arrows and Missiles. Arrows have already been taken by the Needlers, which leaves us with the Missiles, and the only thing I can think of that remotely makes sense in that function would be the Missile Pod.

However, do remember that the Flamer has traditionally been a special weapon in Halo too, so I think it deserves its place in the mod.

The sentinel beam may be included in a later patch after the full release, along with dedicated Sentinel gosteks.

@Kavukamari:
The M19 SPNKr is the Halo 2 rocket launcher. The M41 MAV/AW is the Halo 3 rocket launcher. And you've have to make the interface-gfx HUGE to see the words "SPNKr" on it. Use your brain for once.

Date Posted: July 01, 2007, 08:14:38 PM
I'm also concerned with the "feel" of the weapon. I'd like to know if the weapon's handling feels like how it does in Halo. I've made an effort to have different weapons have different feels, like some weapons feel "crisp" and responsive while others feel a bit "sticky" and you have to kinda mash down on the trigger (due to a small trigger delay).

Also, Lance Corporal had a problem with the dedicated bots not working (causing a fatal error in Soldat).
Please, if anyone else has problems with the bots, let me know if it's a global problem or just an isolated case. Thanks.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline fast_ede

• Major(1)
« Reply #167 on: July 01, 2007, 09:03:44 pm »
Not concluding to the beta but your battle rifle you said as the start up time and it makes you fire at least 2 shots right? I thought I read that somewhere, but I was wondering if you could give the battle rifle a 12 shot clip, make the bullet gfx look like 3 bullets? I did this in my halo mod and it works pretty good. Sorry if it was already suggested. The mod looks freaking amazing though, it's going to replace my own.

Ingame name - Lt. Blackburn

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #168 on: July 01, 2007, 09:08:53 pm »
Yep, I've considered that. I dunno though, it's neither got the 3-shot nor the 36-shot mag and the 12-shot mag just looks a bit odd. I'll release a BR55 patch for the Beta some time so you guys can take it for a spin and tell me about it. Thanks for the suggestion though, Blackburn.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #169 on: July 01, 2007, 10:41:08 pm »
Hey, I have an issue: When you fire the needler and the MA5C each bullet has the sound of multiple bullets. This really throws me off when playing. Is it possible you will edit out the extra sounds?
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline fast_ede

• Major(1)
« Reply #170 on: July 01, 2007, 11:14:06 pm »
Yep, I've considered that. I dunno though, it's neither got the 3-shot nor the 36-shot mag and the 12-shot mag just looks a bit odd. I'll release a BR55 patch for the Beta some time so you guys can take it for a spin and tell me about it. Thanks for the suggestion though, Blackburn.
   You could do it like the halo 2 demo mission was, just single shots. I'm sure people wouldn't mind it.

Ingame name - Lt. Blackburn

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2007, 09:22:02 am »
The, uh, MA5C actually uses a BR55 shot sound. But my friend somehow managed to capture a single shot from the BR55 a while ago (how???) and I just found it on my HD. And I manually clipped the needler, it should work now. So here are two patches: The sound patch and a slightly tweaked weapons.ini.

http://files.filefront.com/BR55Needler__Sound_Patch.zip/;7940813;/fileinfo.html" title="BR55Needler__Sound_Patch.zip
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #172 on: July 02, 2007, 03:48:36 pm »
a 3-shot bullet wont work, b/c then u would need a 3-shell shell gfx.(I tried)

let me guess, the oddball is gonna be the knife's replacement.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 03:55:26 pm by adadqgg »

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #173 on: July 02, 2007, 05:37:03 pm »
Yes. Do you feel proud of yourself now?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 05:42:13 pm by .·: êšþãÐøñ :·. »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #174 on: July 02, 2007, 06:44:25 pm »
I just played ur beta, need work.

first: please make the default face(morda.bmp)the Mjolnir helmet, because if u dont then the helmet(hair) would make the visor weird(same color as the helmet).

second: the legs looks weird.

third: the sounds are not so good.

nvm, I had my morda painted green, sorry.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 01:50:33 pm by adadqgg »

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #175 on: July 02, 2007, 07:10:15 pm »
I told you everyone the sounds are crappy in the release notes. Can't you read anything? Are you illiterate or are you just plain retarded?

But I don't undnerstand your gostek troubles. What color are you using for morda? Because I'm not changing it. If I change it:

1) You can't select helmet color
2) You can't use any other race. No ODSTs, no Marines, no Elites.

I can't imagine why no one else is having your trouble with the gosteks.

What do you mean the legs look wierd?
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2007, 07:33:19 pm »
I got criticism for your spartan gostek. WAY too bulky, since the spartans are suppose to be much more steamlined. It looks sorta like the mjounir armour from halo 1 but a bit bulkier. The new armour is much more sleek. Too much jutting out the back (arms or back?) and the legs look ... well sorta flimsy XD

Rest is nice, though i suggest makin the plasma sword as the knife so you can do that glass breakin sound of it activating =]

Oh and what you did with the chainsaw, the sword looks really outta wack when you activate it (images don't match)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 07:38:59 pm by Shivorken »
[/url]

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2007, 07:41:02 pm »
Okay, I'll look at the legs. I think the problem with the juttiness is the Ramies are a bit too long (I got all the dimensions from your mod, which I regarded as having the best MJOLNIR gostek -- surprise!) so they look jutting. It's kinda weird having to compromise because the gostek is supposed to fill triple-duty for Halo 1, Halo 2/3, AND SPI. I guess 2 out of 3 of them have "slim" looks so...meh, I'll see what I can do.

And yeah, I can't help the off-center glow of the E sword. The image height just isn't made for it. I might take out the glow altogether because there's no such thing in the actual game. And in Halo 1 the glow is a perma-glow anyways. There is a really soft (and sh*tty) E sword activation sound, you have to listen for it. And the e sword won't work well with the knife -- the sword's too wide, there's alignment issues.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 07:44:06 pm by .·: êšþãÐøñ :·. »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2007, 08:01:34 pm »
Espadon, do you mind if i post up a comparison picture to show you what i want fixed and to what degree?
[/url]

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #179 on: July 02, 2007, 08:03:56 pm »
Sure, let's see it. It goes kinda ironically with your sig. ;)
CRYSO | HLT